I Have An Ex-c Friend In Real Life!

blackpudd1n

Lately I've been feeling quite lonely out here in the real world, thinking I didn't have any other Ex-C friends in real life, they were either xtian or not, with no others like me. Then last night I was talking to an old friend of mine, who I used to go to church with every week. We'd lost contact for 5 years, and had found each other just before Easter this year, which was great, because she does an annual trip to see some family who only live an hour South of me at Easter, so we were able to see each other again. We've continued keeping in contact, and I am planning a trip to see her in March, which was the reason for our phone call last night (I'd suddenly realised it was going to be really tight making my sister's graduation with the trip to see her, and we were sorting out options). Anyway, I came out and told her how I'd become an atheist, and everything I'd found out about the bible recently, and she was like, "duh!". And I said, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute, you don't believe either?! And she said, well, I believe something is out there, but the bible is a bunch of myths with some flawed history thrown in (basically- it was quite a long conversation). And I was like, OMG!! I believed it all! And she was basically like, seriously?

I can't tell you all how happy and excited I am to have a friend, a good friend from so long ago that I can talk to about all of this. One of the most genuine friends I ever made in my life, to not only have her back in my life but for her to also be an Ex-C, too, when I thought I had no-one one else who understood :D

We became friends when I was 17. I searched so hard for this girl those five years we lost contact, not knowing that she and another friend were searching for me, too, and it's so awesome to not just have her back in my life, but to also have her know where I am with the whole christianity thing- I just can't describe how it feels :)

• Like 2

Blessed be the LARD, Sister! He obviously heard your prayers as you beseeched Him earnestly and He proved His love for you by magically causing you to be re-connected with your friend!

Now you can be used of Him in His Holy Spook Form to draw your friend back to magical thinking about the Lard JESUS! Glory!

But seriously... that is AWESOME, Sister! Glory! :)

I have some ex-Christian friends, but none that post on this site. I've often thought it would be cool to have an Ex-C convention so I could meet some of the folks I know here.

• Like 1

That's awesome! I was just on Facebook today looking through my "friends" list and feeling depressed b/c none of them are REALLY friends. There's not one person on there I could have an honest conversation with about what's happening in my life. That's pretty sad. But I am newly de-converted, so I'm hoping in time I'll meet some people.

I like the idea of a convention!

I like the idea of a convention, too! :) Though it would be hard for me to get to, seeing as I'm in Australia :(

Mind you, I don't know if I would have ever really found out about where my friend was at if I hadn't been so honest with her. As humans we hide so much ourselves through fear of rejection and judgement.

Pudd, I really am so happy for you. That is so wonderful. You are very lucky to have found each other.... good for you girl!!

Good news indeed Pudd! *hugs*

Convention eh? Cool idea... now I just need to figure out how to raise the ticket fee of probably around 1,000 €...

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty stoked about it :) If I could think of something more intelligent to say, I would, except I'm sunburnt and I had like 3 hours sleep last night and yeah, now I'm like, fucked lol