Goodbye Jesus

Please Tell Me About Yourself

Legion

Guest Valk0010

21 years old calender, feel like 80

Pacific Northwest local, raised in Midwest

Economic level, is borderline poverty level.

White Male, single

Mother borderline poverty level same with grandma, Dad unknown.

Education level associates degreee

Political mutt, but if I have to use terms, left libertarian works. I am a libertarian, with HUGELY pragmatic leftist leanings.

Jacksonville

Ah, the home of my favorite band that reminds me of life not in Jacksonville, but in LA and Orange County, CA!

(Limp Bizkit, of course! Cryotanknotworthy.gif )

I am trying to get a social profile of ex-C. And I'd like to hear about you. So please tell me about yourself. I may try to put some numbers together over here on these facts about us, so it would help me tremendously if you would try to address each of the following: age, gender, race, location, religion/philosophy, method of income, educational level, and political leanings.

I'm 29, female, Asian (but culturally white American), live in Denver but was raised on the East coast, no intentions of ever moving back, non-spiritual atheist who used to be interested in the history/sociology/psychology of religious belief but now don't care and simply don't have any place for it in my life, programmer/software developer, MS in math, left libertarian. My mother is a high-school graduate SAHM (now SAHW) and my father is a dentist (now retired). Both were adults before becoming Christians and are strongly Evangelical.

42 years old (good god), white, born and raised in Los Angeles (left for awhile but came back), Atheist, started my career in finance, then did IT for awhile, now I am in business for myself. I don't have a degree - couldn't be bothered with it. I am a libertarian (former Republican). That's it.

...try to address each of the following: age, gender, race, location, religion/philosophy, method of income, educational level, and political leanings.

Well, if you say you can use a German's replies too:

age - 41.5

gender - male, for all I know :)

race - hmm. By US "race" terms I'm caucasian, not that I think about "race" regarding humans normally...

location - Northern Germany

religion/philosophy - laid-back Asatru, with quite a few agnostic tendencies

method of income - employed in IT business

educational level - had a few semesters of university study but didn't graduate

political leanings - somewhere left of the center, not all the way to the radical level though (not yet?)

24 years old

Female

Mix of hispanic/middle eastern/sephardic jewish. Long story short my last name is hispanic and I look white.

Born in MD, raised mostly in El Salvador, moved back to MD for high school and been here since. Wouldn't mind staying the in D.C metro area for life.

Atheism with vague pagan leanings.

Live at home, part time work

Current grad student

Largely liberal, though I do have some conservative views.

Age 20, NZ European (people comment on me having an English accent). Born and raised in the lower north island of New Zealand - living in Wellington after growing up in Palmerston North. Former Christian and I think that God exists, but he's kind of an asshole (hence the beliefs in my profile). Living off the government till I'm done with study.

Currently I'm studying politicial "science" undergrad, I'd like to do postgrad journalism otherwise I'm on track to get into Honours. My leanings are centre-left in terms of economics, but further left for social legislation.

Jacksonville

Ah, the home of my favorite band that reminds me of life not in Jacksonville, but in LA and Orange County, CA!

(Limp Bizkit, of course! Cryotanknotworthy.gif )

We can't claim them. Much like Yellowcard, they disowned this town as soon as they packed up their stuff and moved to Beverly . . . Hills, that is.

If 'method of income' is necessary, I currently work for the state of Michigan as an unskilled drone. That's my phrasing.

33 year old female

White, German by decent (98%)

Grew up in Central Wisconsin, been in the San Francisco Bay Area for about 6 years now, don't see myself leaving for anything more than short stints - this will probably always be my home area as long as I remain a US citizen.

Atheist, but grew up fundamentalist Christian.

Currently working in the motorcycle industry - I love bikes, love riding them, intend to race them at some point. Unfortunately I don't make much doing it, so as time allows I'll also continue my pursuit of something in the 3D realm - unfortunately, those jobs are also hard to come by, but they pay a bit better if you get them.

BA in Art, have most of an MA in 3D modeling done, but have run out of time to really get it finished (was supposed to be done this semester, ain't gonna happen).

Enjoy self-education on a variety of subjects, theoretical physics and astronomy being my favorites. Also thoroughly enjoy ancient history.

Politically, I tend to fall smack in the middle. Socially pretty liberal, but I have the impression that our current political system is a fail, and until some things with that are fixed, I don't see the real symptoms of that system getting fixed. That leaves me in a middle ground of somewhat agreeing with both sides and frequently disagreeing with both sides.

I am all of this, and none.

I am trying to get a social profile of ex-C. And I'd like to hear about you. So please tell me about yourself. I may try to put some numbers together over here on these facts about us, so it would help me tremendously if you would try to address each of the following: age, gender, race, location, religion/philosophy, method of income, educational level, and political leanings.

I am a 26 year old female aussie living on the coast pretty much half-way between Sydney and Brisbane. My colouring is white, but I am a mix of French/German/English/Scottish on my mother's side, unsure of father's heritage (I don't believe it is the man on my birth certificate), but a few local Maori's have claimed me as one of them (they say it's the eyes- "half-caste eyes"). I am frequently mistaken as being Slovak due to my soft European features and tall, slender build.

I was raised a conservative fundy before becoming a pentecostal fundy. Now I call myself an atheist with a soft spot for paganism.

I currently live on the disability pension, recovering from the chaos that 3 years of unmedicated/wrongly medicated and mismanaged bipolar had on my mind. I have started doing a Bachelor of Arts in Community Development part-time, and I help my mum run a small business- I do the books, admin, and hep her sell her wares at a weekly market. This coming year I would like to return to formal work one day a week as the next step in my recovery.

As far as education goes, I did not complete high school. I initially began a degree in Economics as a mature-age student just before I came down with bipolar. I sat the STAT test and got in on the strength of those results, but had to abandon that degree because I became too unwell in the head. In the past my lack of education has never held me back career-wise due to my high learning ability (they had me do a test when I was 11 called the Ravens Matrices, and I scored in the 98th percentile). I did a lot of waitressing and retail work in my late teens before landing a job as a receptionist. After 5 weeks they fired the accountant and promoted me and trained me to do his job in domestic accounts, and a couple of months later fired the bookkeeper and added her work, the international accounts, to my work load (I was working for a customs brokerage and freight forwarding firm). After that, due to my experience working with currency in my previous job I worked in a bank supporting the forex brokers, but I had to leave after 4 months because the bipolar had gotten out of control.

As for political leanings, I reserve my right to be a swing voter. I am socially-minded and follow an alternative economic viewpoint, but by the same token I believe in responsible economic practice and policy-making. I believe in programmes that help people help themselves, though I am aware that good intentions don't always produce good results. If anything, I guess you would say I am pragmatic and realistic as far as politics goes.

As far as my parents backgrounds, my biological mother did the bare minimum she had to at school, and trained to be a bookkeeper. Growing up I was raised by my biological mother until the age of 14. We lived in a very rough part of Sydney, and were poorer than we needed to be due to my biological mother's mismanagement of finances. It was more important for her to buy expensive clothes than to feed us properly or worry about minor details like keeping the phone, gas, and electricity on.

I identify with Cherokee Indian and Celt. Married to Cherokee.

I do genealogy for my family.

Last job was Adjudicator, Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

Data entry. Paralegal.

Some college, Journalism and Sociology.

Former Christian 45 years.

Former fundy minister and bishop (Doctor of Christian Ministry, Christian Education, BS)--I consider it a useless education.

Oil field and gas field worker. Heavy equipment operator.

Ranch hand. Roustabout.

Raised and traveled all over the USA and much of Canada, been in every state except Hawaii.

Served four years in USAF, E-4.

LIBERAL, as in LIBERAL!

Make knives when bored.

Enjoy gardening and raising trees.

I like to study cosmology and astronomy as hobbies.

38, male, white, northeast U.S., agnostic, fulltime employee, B.A., totalitarian

White, male, 24 years old, born in Chino, California, raised in Coeur d' Alene Idaho, lived in Boise, ID for almost ten years now.

Education: B.A. English Ed with a literature emphasis, Boise State. Father has an Associates in IT Management, mother was a stay at home mom. Went to conservative Christian schools my entire life, which made for a horrible first couple years of college seeing as how my education was all "Biblical".

Jobs: Worked retail/blue collar stuff all through high school. Now an account manager for a clothing company.

Religion: Raised quasi-baptist/evangelical/non-denominational. Went through numerous church splits growing up. Parents are still religious, but have become more lax in their beliefs lately. I am currently atheist with a soft spot for pantheism and Buddhist teachings. De-converted almost first year of college.

Ancestry: My grandparents on father's side immigrated from Salerno, Sicily, other side is a mix of British, German and Dutch.

Politics: I was a card carrying conservative (listened to Rush L) until de-conversion. Since then I suppose I would qualify as socially liberal/libertarian/disgusted. Pro-immigration/welfare reform but also pro-gay rights, pro-choice etc...

Class/Family: Middle class, dad was a blue collar worker up until his mid-thirties when he went back to school. Mom is stay at home. One younger sister. Pretty normal childhood, dad has some mental issues such as bipolarity.

22 Female. Mix of Irish, French, Spanish, English, Dutch, Welsh, German, and Scottish

From Central NY, living in Buffalo while I go to school but I think I'll probably stay... or at least never move back to my podunk hometown

Ignostic Agnostic Atheist. haven't seen much of anything that strikes me as worthwhile to follow as far as organized things go

I work part time at Walmart and the rest of what I need to live comes from mom and dad and my student loans

Working on my Associate's then hopefully transferring to complete my Bachelor's in some kind of Business Administration concentration. Liking marketing, management, and human resources at the moment. Eventually it'll have to come to a MBA.

Registered independent. Pretty Liberal.

To give an example, I'll go first...

I am 39 years old by the calendar, 25 years old emotionally, and 60 years old cognitively. I'm white and all male. I'll die in North Carolina if I can. I grew up in the outer suburbs of Winston-Salem. I'm an ex-Christian heathen with both mystical and utilitarian leanings. I'm blue-collar by choice. I majored in math. I'm libertarian.

What about you?

I am female. My skin is white but race is just a social construct. I have varied cultural/ethnic heritage, but I have dealt with no racial prejudice except as a white person. I grew up in the state of Florida. I am currently a student and am not employed so I can focus on my studies. My education level is "some college." I lean to the left politically. I do not vote on anything or anyone unless I have learned about them. My favorite food is cheesecake, my favorite color is indigo, and I like taking long walks along the beach.

Statistics!! ^^

24. Current living conditions have me feeling like I'm still 15

Male and wishing that someone would formally and finally define the sex/gender/preference/orientation language. Every year there's some new PR subtly, and it ticks me off...

White, mostly Irish and Italian

Southern Louisiana born and raised

Roman Catholic, also born and raised (Go figure with the two replies above, right?). Currently favoring Omega-Point theology and rejecting fall/salvation theology

Cubicle worker for a small, crappy marketing firm. Studying to be an actuary

College education. Passed Senior-level courses in Physics and Math but didn't get a degree because of bureaucratic issues

Socially, mostly liberal. Economically, possibly distributism and definitely opposed to libertarianism (as I understand it, at least)

I was born a poor black child......

• Like 3

38, male, white, northeast U.S., agnostic, fulltime employee, B.A., totalitarian

Well somebody's got to represent them. :lmao:

female

white

Tennessee

atheist (ex-Southern Baptist)

program manager

university graduate with some master's classes since

libertarianish, but not libertarian

Marry me Gypsy. Come on. You could manage programs and I could build things. We'll whip up some chicken cassarole and drink sweet tea. We'll have smart babies and learn and grow old together in the South. What you say?

• Super Moderator
Marry me Gypsy.

I think she can do better than some blue collar union organizer.

Marry me Gypsy.

I think she can do better than some blue collar union organizer.

STOP in 2012

Marry me Gypsy. Come on. You could manage programs and I could build things. We'll whip up some chicken cassarole and drink sweet tea. We'll have smart babies and learn and grow old together in the South. What you say?

I don't think my husband would like that GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif but if he approves, we can get married on two conditions:

1. We put whiskey in the sweet tea

2. We have kittens instead of babies

• Like 1