Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

Meanwhile, I want to devote more time to personal study of the Bible and prayer time.

I am going thru some recent translations of the Bible - esp. one called NET Bible. I am taking a long time reading and studying the Book of Galatians. I am praying that I can hear God's voice better.

you need to change religions, not churches..........hinduism is the true religion!!

Hinduism: Since Sanskrit is the oldest written language, as far as religion being written down, and as far as organized religion is concerned, it would be Hinduism. It is said that when Rama appeared, according to our calendar, was a million or so years ago (not sure of the exact date, but it's a long time!) And Krishna, God himself according to the Vedic scriptures, appeared here 5,000 years ago. Buddha, about 500 B.C., Jesus, about 2,000 years ago. If you go through the different religious book and study this question deeply, you will find out that Hinduism is the oldest religion of the world. There are no dates and facts, but its history is about more than 50000 thousands years ago

Read more: http://wiki.answers....d#ixzz1faavzsIS

Hinduism does have some strong ideas. But it also institutionalized the Caste system and treats Dhalits (untouchables) as subhumans - certainly worse than cows! I say, there is something wrong with Hinduism.

In what way(s) do you believe God will communicate with you?

I have heard God's voice a few times in my life and they were life changing. I am hoping to get to the point where I hear God's voice much more often. I want to get in tune with God's direction. BTW I believe this is not easy to do. And most people who claim to hear from God deserves a good deal of skepticism!! It is just a personal goal. I am not sure how far I would get.

I am hoping to get to the point where I hear God's voice much more often.

Go off your meds.

• Like 1

Hinduism does have some strong ideas. But it also institutionalized the Caste system and treats Dhalits (untouchables) as subhumans - certainly worse than cows! I say, there is something wrong with Hinduism.

For every wrong of Hinduism, I can name you one for Christianity. What, you keep a list?

For every wrong of Hinduism, I can name you one for Christianity. What, you keep a list?

For one thing Christianity worked to abolish slavery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wilberforce

For one thing Christianity worked to abolish slavery. http://en.wikipedia....iam_Wilberforce

It may have, but there were plenty of southern US Christian believers that found biblical support for doing it, too. And Biblical support for thinking blacks were inferior. So I say, SO WHAT?!

For one thing Christianity worked to abolish slavery. http://en.wikipedia....iam_Wilberforce

yelrotflmao.gifWendywhatever.gifWendyloser.gif

1 Peter 2:18-19 KJV

"Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully."

• Like 1

Wow a True Christian™ with the True Gospel™! I ain't never seen none y'all before. Well shucks, you should have all the answers handy if you'se really gots that holy spirit! True or false, the law of sacrifice for attonement of sins was given to Moses by god?

Christianity did not push to abolish slavery. Acceptance was taught throughout the states. Black people were not as welcomed into white homes no matter where a person lived or what the beliefs. Christians also helped murder Indians and rape their wives and daughters. Christians encourage hatred for other humans, not acceptance or equal rights. If they do not do the yelling and screaming, they send love offerings to those who do.

I have heard God's voice a few times in my life and they were life changing. I am hoping to get to the point where I hear God's voice much more often. I want to get in tune with God's direction. BTW I believe this is not easy to do. And most people who claim to hear from God deserves a good deal of skepticism!! It is just a personal goal. I am not sure how far I would get.

Now you're lying through your teeth. Is god's voice male or female? Does god pee standing up or sitting down?

In the early colonial days, with few exceptions only Quakers opposed slavery and the good Christians of the colonies pass an ordinance to kill any Quaker found in the colonies. In fact, two Quaker men and one Quaker woman were hanged by the godly Puritans.

JayL, Satan just told me to bless you.

Do you mean literally hear His voice in your ears or *a* voice speaking inside your head?

The point I made the last time here goes something like this: People go in and out of churches and they also go up and down with their faith. And that is Ok. I was in and out of faith a few times myself. But still the Bible and the faith brought me back ( about 15 years ago) Hallelujah!! My recommendation for skeptics and atheists is to keep searching and to keep an open mind. You may yet find the true God - the God who embodies Love. And you will be so glad on that day!!!

God bless you.

Then turnabout is fair play. Keep searching and keep an open mind. You may yet find that the true god - the god who embodies love - is most certainly not the one described in the bible (if he/it exists at all).

But I do have to thank the website operator for allowing Christians to post.

Now why is it that Ex-Cer's throw out the red carpet for christians here, while christian forums pull the rug out from under anyone who dares to post something different than the party line?

I hope I can point them back to Christ.

Don't hold your breath...

I am praying that I can hear God's voice better.

Then put the book down and go on a hike.

• Like 2

Ah, agnosticator... I really like you! 3.gif

It may have, but there were plenty of southern US Christian believers that found biblical support for doing it, too. And Biblical support for thinking blacks were inferior. So I say, SO WHAT?!

So how did slavery get abolished in the western world? Because of some atheists? LOL Perhaps Charles Darwin campaigned against it?? Learn some history, dude. Your 'tolerance oriented' philosopher Voltaire was making money from slave trades!! If it weren't for Christianity, slavery would still be a universal practice.

Ah, agnosticator... I really like you! 3.gif

But he has a really ugly face!

yelrotflmao.gifWendywhatever.gifWendyloser.gif

1 Peter 2:18-19 KJV

"Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully."

I find this attitude very admirable. Even as a slave, a person can be a noble human being. That is what Christianity offers. BTW, how is it that you quote KJV? Is that old version your favorite??

Wow a True Christian™ with the True Gospel™! I ain't never seen none y'all before. Well shucks, you should have all the answers handy if you'se really gots that holy spirit! True or false, the law of sacrifice for attonement of sins was given to Moses by god?

If you stick around here, you may learn something new!!

JayL, Satan just told me to bless you.

Perhaps Satan is inspiring you to use foul language.

Christianity did not push to abolish slavery. Acceptance was taught throughout the states. Black people were not as welcomed into white homes no matter where a person lived or what the beliefs. Christians also helped murder Indians and rape their wives and daughters. Christians encourage hatred for other humans, not acceptance or equal rights. If they do not do the yelling and screaming, they send love offerings to those who do.

So how did the slavery get abolished in the western world?? Because some atheists campaigned for it?? Dream on.

So how did slavery get abolished in the western world? Because of some atheists? LOL Perhaps Charles Darwin campaigned against it?? Learn some history, dude. Your 'tolerance oriented' philosopher Voltaire was making money from slave trades!! If it weren't for Christianity, slavery would still be a universal practice.

Did I say it was abolished by atheists? You have poor reading comprehension. I am not a dude, either, I am a lady.

Christian societies permitted slavery for centuries. That some group of them suddenly started opposing it doesn't mean much. It certainly does not establish the truth of Christianity.