Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

Well, rubber duckies are cute and harmless, I will say that. Can they be used as an oracle or a Ouija board? Nah.

Can you demonstrate that praying to your God is more effective than praying to a plastic toy?

Nah!

Of course he can. When you pray to the plastic toy, it answers "Derp", but when you pray to God you'll get the answer "No!" It's a big difference.

Well, rubber duckies are cute and harmless, I will say that. Can they be used as an oracle or a Ouija board? Nah.

Can you demonstrate that praying to your God is more effective than praying to a plastic toy?

Nah!

Actually that is a relevant question! A plastic toy may become serious runner up if he can author a book similar to the Bible.

Nah!

Actually that is a relevant question! A plastic toy may become serious runner up if he can author a book similar to the Bible.

But God didn't author the Bible. The Bible was written by men. Ah but those men were in a trance because Luke Skywalker was controlling them using the Jedi mind trick. Or was it pixies? Or was it Invisible Pink Unicorns?

All these problems are introduced by your woo woo.

Nah!

Haven't you seen the movie Toy Story? It's a true story about some toys. And Andy wrote his biography. That's how we know what happened to them.

For example, I imagine something like this.

A Christian prays, "Oh God, please relieve suffering of those whose homes are destroyed by Tsunami. Lord, we pray for them!'

JayL prays, "Oh God, thank you for allowing the suffering of those whose homes are destroyed by Tsunami. Now I can go and show them what a good christian am I!

My recommendation for skeptics and atheists is to keep searching and to keep an open mind. You may yet find the true God - the God who embodies Love.

I do have a skeptic part of me, but I am not an atheist. I have found a Goddess who is all about love. What now?

Love is good! Just don't get into a promiscuous life style.

You're a dick.

Who are you to tell other people what to do with other consenting adults? You would presume that it's your business?

She asked for my advise ! Duh.

And, no, I did not ask your advice, I asked what you "think" (using that term loosely) about my religion. And you jumped to assuming I'm promiscuous. You're an asshole. A female deity about love is automatically a slut or something? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Who are you to tell other people what to do with other consenting adults? You would presume that it's your business?

And, no, I did not ask your advice, I asked what you "think" (using that term loosely) about my religion. And you jumped to assuming I'm promiscuous. You're an asshole. A female deity about love is automatically a slut or something? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Well.... I have not seen too many paintings of Venus with her clothes on ...

Ah. The troll is back.

So who are you, really?

Several members have raised the issue that you might be spoofing and only here to troll. It's time to fess up.

Ah. The troll is back.

So who are you, really?

Several members have raised the issue that you might be spoofing and only here to troll. It's time to fess up.

Ok, I fess up. Why am I here?

I am here to remind you that God loves you and there are some minor mistakes in your thinking. I am here to clarify some issues and to have good conversations.

1) Equating nudity with sex is a perception of conservative culture, not a fact. It can be rare these days, but nudity can also mean beauty, confidence, and freedom (not "freedom to sin". If you are one of those that need to be told the difference, then you likely aren't going to get it anyway.).

2) Venus is specifically a goddess of fertility and physical love, likely not the kind of love that lunaticheathen was talking about

He's boring and contributing nothing, AND he won't come clean. I second the suggestion of sending him packing.

• Like 3

1) Equating nudity with sex is a perception of conservative culture, not a fact. It can be rare these days, but nudity can also mean beauty, confidence, and freedom (not "freedom to sin". If you are one of those that need to be told the difference, then you likely aren't going to get it anyway.).

2) Venus is specifically a goddess of fertility and physical love, likely not the kind of love that lunaticheathen was talking about

Precisely. Also, My goddess is Hethert (Hathor), also has a sexual aspect, but it is far from the modern idea of "slutting it up." She's also the Goddess of beauty, women (especially in childbirth), children, family, music, dance, and the sky. And in my experience, Her love is cosmic. It's Everything.

But I doubt this fucknugget would understand it at all, since love to him is guilt.

Ah. The troll is back.

So who are you, really?

Ok, I fess up. Why am I here?

I am here to remind you that God loves you and there are some minor mistakes in your thinking. I am here to clarify some issues and to have good conversations.

Then please tell us where we are going wrong Jay, when it comes to the spiritual worship of God.

Romans 12:1 & 2.

1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

2 Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Please clarify what 'spiritual worship' is.

Thanks,

BAA.

But I did stop coming here because things got a bit too creepy. Like too many people with demonic pictures as their icons....

Those aren't demons. They're fantasy critters, just like the one you sport in your profile.

JayL, please answer the following questions for me:

Where was God when my mom died of cancer when I was 19 months old?

Where was God while I was being emotionally abused by my step mom, unbeknownst to my dad?

Where was God when my grandpa who I adored, blew his brains out?

Where was God when my dad who I adored, committed suicide by running his car in the enclosed garage with the car windows open?

Where was God when my husband and I cried out to conceive a child, and he did not answer my prayer?

Where was God when my husband's very godly dad (father of 5) suffered fatal traumatic brain injuries in a job-related accident when my husband was six.

Where was God when my husband's elderly very godly mom fell and hit her head on the tub, and also died of traumatic brain injuries?

Where was God when a 5-year-old little guy in our church suffered from leukemia for 2 years and finally died, even though his godly parents, grandparents, and hundreds of christians fasted and prayed for his healing?

Where was God (the one who promises to protect his own) when a godly friend of mine perished in a fire while saving his family?

How could a God of Love kill millions of unborn children, infants, toddlers, children, women, men in a worldwide flood?

How can a God of Love send millions to hell to be consciously tortured not for just a quadrillion years, but for an eternity, with no chance of repentance or even total annhilation?

How can a God of Love allow over 6,500,000 children to starve to death in the world every day?

How could a God of Love in the Bible command the slaying of thousands of people in wars, read Numbers 31.

I could go on and on. I accepted Christ when I was 18 (I'm 58 now). I was "baptized in the Spirit," and was very involved in the church for 40 years, especially small group ministry. I've been through Bible School, I've been an intercessor. I've experienced what I thought was the presence of God (but now I'm wondering if it was a psychological phenomenon). It's just been within the past year that I've started asking all of these questions (and more), and experiencing a crisis of faith. It seems like a veil has been lifted and all of a sudden I can see things I never saw before. My husband is very devout, and he does not know the extent of my crisis of faith. I love him so much, he is my life, and I don't want to devastate him. All of my friends and my husband's family who I'm very close to are extremely devout Christians. I'm not ready to totally turn my life upside down. I'm not sure how this will all end up.

Ok, I will give a stab in trying to answer these very tough questions. ( Over my lunch hour... ) First thanks for asking the question.

<< Where was God when my mom died of cancer when I was 19 months old?

Where was God while I was being emotionally abused by my step mom, unbeknownst to my dad?

Where was God when my grandpa who I adored, blew his brains out?

Where was God when my dad who I adored, committed suicide by running his car in the enclosed garage with the car windows open?

Where was God when my husband and I cried out to conceive a child, and he did not answer my prayer?

Where was God when my husband's very godly dad (father of 5) suffered fatal traumatic brain injuries in a job-related accident when my husband was six.

Where was God when my husband's elderly very godly mom fell and hit her head on the tub, and also died of traumatic brain injuries? >>

I think I can summarize these as ' Why did not God intervene to stop these tragic events??'

First of all, I am not sure you would like my answer. So I do have to warn you in advance. The Bible teaches that mankind, yes you and me' have the dominion over this earth. The book of Genesis teaches that God has delegated that power to man. And once He delegated that power of dominion over the Earth, He cannot take it back.

So simply put, God can NOT intervene in most of these tragic events. THAT is the norm. It would not be the norm if God does intervene. If you want God to intervene in your life, the minimum requirement is that you have to surrender your life to God and accept His dominion over your life. If a person says no to God, God will respect that decision and will never interfere with that person's life directly.

Furthermore most of tragic things that happen on this world, WWII, Tsunamies, earthquakes, terrorism, etc. ALL are responsibility of mankind. God has NOTHING to do with it. Nothing! Go back to Genesis. God has given the spiritual and material dominion over the Earth to Adam and his descendants. ( Incredibly enough, the Biblical truth is in reality closer to humanistic view. )

Does this make sense to you??

Let me give you another example. Wjen Cain murdered his brother Abel, this is what God said. Genesis 4:10 The LORD said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. ”

Here we see the Earth responding to Man's sin and moral decline. It is no longer being productive because blood has been shed in murder. Amazing, isn't it??

In Biblical view, most of tragic natural disasters are results of man's sin - because man has that spiritual dominion over the Earth. In Biblical view, it is theologically incorrect to blame God for natural disasters.

Do you understand I am saying??

<< Where was God when a 5-year-old little guy in our church suffered from leukemia for 2 years and finally died, even though his godly parents, grandparents, and hundreds of christians fasted and prayed for his healing? >>

This is even tougher question and I am not sure I have the full answer - or whether you would even tolerate attempt to answer. To me it is clear that sickness and disease are from Satan. And not from God. God is the Giver of Life, not death and sickness! So why did God not answer urgent and heartfelt prayers? I can only give my guesses. This one is really above my pay grade...

<< Where was God (the one who promises to protect his own) when a godly friend of mine perished in a fire while saving his family? >>

Same as above. But for God, this brave friend is still living. I believe he is still living.

<< How could a God of Love kill millions of unborn children, infants, toddlers, children, women, men in a worldwide flood? >>

This one is easy. God did NOT kill !!! Please do not insult God like this. You say this kind of outrageous blasphemy because you are simply ignorant of what the Bible teaches about God - and man.

<< How can a God of Love send millions to hell to be consciously tortured not for just a quadrillion years, but for an eternity, with no chance of repentance or even total annhilation? >>

When those millions say NO to God, there is NOTHING GOD CAN DO. God respects their intention and their decision. This is what the Bible teaches.

<< How can a God of Love allow over 6,500,000 children to starve to death in the world every day? >>

It is man who has the dominion over the earth. Either we do something about these tragedies or nothing will happen. Do you understand my point? Please read it again and ponder for awhile. God is not on the earth - except as the Holy Spirit dwelling inside believers.

<< How could a God of Love in the Bible command the slaying of thousands of people in wars, read Numbers 31. >>

God used the Israelites to destroy sinful nations. To me, this is understandable. I believe God used the USA to destroy Nazi Germany.

Once again, I apologize if I offended you in any way with these answers. i can only be brutally honest and do my best to point towards Biblical truths about God and Man.

IOW, God created Satan, murderers and horrific weather patterns and set them loose on the earth. Ergo, God's evil. Not only that, you just admitted he's either not omnipotent or simply doesn't give a shit. He's an abusive father who won't show love unless one licks his balls first, and even then that love is conditional on his manic depressive whims. I love my kid and would never send her to a place like hell no matter what she did or said to me. Because it's lost on you that rational minds are appalled at the idea of a deity with baser morals than a bank CEO, it's proof you're brainwashed. Just let it go. You'll feel a lot better afterwards.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube....feature=related

The BBC program, 'Big Questions' is a real hoot.

It looked to me like a waste of time. The guest Adam Deen was self deluded. The Fine Tune argument and assuming knowledge? Please. They should have called it the "We don't know" show.

Which reminds me were you ever going to get around to showing us that praying to God is more effective than praying to a plastic toy?

It looked to me like a waste of time. The guest Adam Deen was self deluded. The Fine Tune argument and assuming knowledge? Please. They should have called it the "We don't know" show.

Which reminds me were you ever going to get around to showing us that praying to God is more effective than praying to a plastic toy?

Obviously I have not prayed to a rubber ducky. My first reply was, has a rubber ducky written a book as impressive as the Bible?? The answer was no. 'Toy story' was written by humans. I must say ,there is certain silence from rubber ducky side....

so you mean praying to a well known good author is effective as praying to god,,,

you pray to JK Rowling?

you have a better chance of getting your prayer answered when you prayed and emailed to JK Rowling than the bible god

Deen's argument addresses a pretty common question people have. It goes to the wonder people have about this amazing universe we live in. Where did all this order come from?? Can this all come from 'randomness', as science seems to assume?? Now, that is hard to believe!!

so you mean praying to a well known good author is effective as praying to god,,,

you pray to JK Rowling?

Heck, better than rubber ducky - as some dunce on this board suggested!!!

Obviously I have not prayed to a rubber ducky. My first reply was, has a rubber ducky written a book as impressive as the Bible?? The answer was no.

And then I pointed out that God didn't write the Bible. Then you pretended to not notice the problem your religion has. So I guess you are not going to demonstrate that praying to God is more effective than praying to a plastic toy. You are just going to dodge the issue. I've given you plenty of opportunities and you chose what you want to do with them. You are free to carry on like nothing happened if you like.

Deen's argument addresses a pretty common question people have. It goes to the wonder people have about this amazing universe we live in. Where did all this order come from?? Can this all come from 'randomness', as science seems to assume?? Now, that is hard to believe!!

You must be talking about a different clip. In the one in the link you provided Deen didn't address anything. He just made baseless assertions. As for randomness . . . sedimentary rock forms with natural parallel lines. The rock is just following the equations of our universe. No gods are required yet the result is order.

you pray to JK Rowling?

Then why don't you demonstrate how praying to one thing is better than praying to something else? My point, and the reason you shy away from the challenge, is that you don't have the power to demonstrate any of this. Yes you can call me a dunce. Words are cheep. But who's belief system is intellectually bankrupt? Demonstrate! But of course you won't.

Praying to Go

you pray to JK Rowling?

Then why don't you demonstrate how praying to one thing is better than praying to something else? My point, and the reason you shy away from the challenge, is that you don't have the power to demonstrate any of this. Yes you can call me a dunce. Words are cheep. But who's belief system is intellectually bankrupt? Demonstrate! But of course you won't.

d si

you pray to JK Rowling?

you pray to JK Rowling?

Praying to God is far, far better than staying with your cute plastic toy. It is even better than writing emails to Miss Rawlings for guidance. You can get some real, supernatural answers from God. When I am in a jam, I pray to God. Neither the plastic toy nor Miss Rawlings is much help in times like that !!