Goodbye Jesus

Looking For A Public Domain Bible

London

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right section, feel free to move it.

I am looking for a free, public domain bible, online that I can download, not in HTML, but regular text that can be edited. It needs to be OT & NT. I actually have a NT version from WEB. I should mention it needs to be in english.

I have looked several times but keep coming up with the same mess. Does anyone have any experience or help?

Another question;

Does anyone know where I might find a list of chapter:verse that lists all the things that the bible forbids xians to do in the OT & NT. Is there a website anyone could reccomend? Is it here & I can't find it? I'm not sure what to search for.

Examples, don't eat pork, don't sleep with your brothers wife, etc. I'm looking for a full list.

I know, I know, I ask a lot. But I AM planning on taking over the world & I just don't have time to read all that mythology.

Actually any help would be greatly appreciated.

The King James Version is public domain everywhere but the UK. You can find it in many formats. You can get more Bible translations (including copyrighted ones because they have a license) in a free program called e-sword which provides you with search capabilities and so forth.

As for the list, it really depends on which type of Christians you're referring to. There isn't a complete agreement about what's wrong and what's right in Christendom.

The King James Version is public domain everywhere but the UK. You can find it in many formats. You can get more Bible translations (including copyrighted ones because they have a license) in a free program called e-sword which provides you with search capabilities and so forth.

As for the list, it really depends on which type of Christians you're referring to. There isn't a complete agreement about what's wrong and what's right in Christendom.

Jaded, I was looking for a list of actual verses from the bible itself. Like how Leviticus has all the laws of what is forbidden. I know there are more in the NT as well and was hoping a super smart person had already listed them all.

Thanks for the help on the KJV.

I don't think anyone would bother making such a list, you might as well just give someone the Bible because it's essentially doing the same thing. The only real list I'm aware of is the 613 commandments. This is a Jewish list of "all" the commandments in the Torah (first 5 books of the Bible). This website seems pretty comprehensive as well in terms of "commands" in the NT:

http://www.biblicalresearchreports.com/listofcommands.php

If you're merely looking for contradictions, there are many websites dedicated to that. The SAB (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/) is a good place to start.