Goodbye Jesus

Anti-christian Music

Suzy

Now, that I deconverted I'm allowed to enjoy music like this. I LOVE the lyrics!

Nine Inch Nails: Heresy

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see

He tries to tell me what i put inside of me

He's got the answers to ease my curiosity

He dreamed up a god and called it christianity

Your god is dead and no one cares

If there is a hell i will see you there

He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line

He made a virus that would kill off all the swine

His perfect kingdom of killing suffering and pain

Demands devotion atrocities done in his name

Your god is dead and no one cares

Drowning in his own hypocrisy

And if there is a hell i will see you there

Burning with your god in humility

Will you die for this?

What anti-Christian/anti-God songs you like?

• Like 2

If you really want to piss of the christians, get some black metal playing real loud.

I posted it in the music thread. But Disturbed Prayer is the lead singer telling god to fuck off.

Vital Remains - Dechristianize

I recommend "Devoured Elysium" and "Savior to None, Failure for All". D.E. has one of the best lines I've heard for venting aggression at religion: "God, you fucking whore."

I guess they calls 'em as they sees 'em. :58:

Bold mothafucka dont you limit your mind!

not the most subtle message, but I like it :)

just 4fun:

• Like 1

I posted it in the music thread. But Disturbed Prayer is the lead singer telling god to fuck off.

I FRIGGIN LOVE DISTURBED!!!

I made a playlist on YouTube called "Songs To Lose Your Faith To" and Prayer, Liberate, and Believe are all on it. :D My favorite of course is Believe.

Burn... Your... Lie... INTO MEEEEE. Penance can't absolve your sin!

Nine Inch Nails: Heresy

I heart this song big time.

I've been looking for something like these songs for awhile, but does anyone of anything softer? Sorry, just not into metal...

just 4fun:

Dawkins is kind of cute as he says "fuck off".

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

jesus.gif

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I've been looking for something like these songs for awhile, but does anyone of anything softer? Sorry, just not into metal...

I posted this on the anti-religion xmas music thread, but it's good for all year. biggrin.png

His The Good Book, I Love Jesus, and The Pope Song are also good. Actually I love all his stuff, and satire, sarcasm, and irony in general.

I like this one too:

• Super Moderator

What about Marilyn Manson?

I don't know much about his music, because that too of course was a big no-no as a Christian. I thought he was just this shock-rocker who gained popularity by being provocative. And that's certainly true to an extent, but actually when I heard him talk he sounded like a pretty intelligent dude. Here is a Christian website ranting about him: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/marilyn_manson-the_truth.htm

I actually like the speech they quote from him:

Today's sermon: Tips for Surviving the End Times, from Our savior himself, the Reverend Marilyn Manson:

The time has come, it is quite clear... AntiChrist Superstar is here!

I appreciate your faith in our cause.

Right now, as a Family, as an Army, we are limited as a minority. Laws bind us. But it is important to remember: The law is only what is popular, not what's right or wrong. Marilyn Manson's Church of AntiChrist Superstar rejects conventional morality and societal standards. As misanthropes and throw-away kids, we will NOT submit to the mainstream: We will BECOME it. When WE become the majority, WE will decide who doesn't belong.

Assume your individuality. Read, watch, listen to, and do what you want. BUT BE WARNED! You cannot have this freedom at no cost: You must pay in responsibility. Enlightened brothers and sisters, FREE YOURSELVES! Die for your OWN sins. Sell your soul to YOURSELF: You'll make more money. Invest in YOU, and put the bible- belt- wearing- pro- life- red- neck- record- burning- fundamentalist- fag- bashing hypocrites out of business so they can wallow in their own self-made, feeble-minded Hell. Hallelujah motherf******!

There's a hurricane a-blowing, and just by knowing what you know, you have an advantage over the blind morons that surround you every day. However, not everyone can be saved. Civilize those you can and f*** the rest. There are too many people in this world. It is not our responsibility to be constantly cleaning up after the weak-minded. Nature will eventually run its course, and those too senseless to survive will fortunately be crushed beneath the wheels of our progress.

America should be very, very afraid. They have found it hard to accept the monster that they have created. The stupid ones who doubt me/you will surely be destroyed. I am the all-american AntiChrist. I have predicted the past; I am the accuser.

You are a slave. Do you think for a moment that you can ever really say or do what you want? You can't dream without fear of punishment, even if it is your own hypodermic guilt making you look to religion, drugs or suicide as an escape.

Modern expression in TV, movies and music is without any stimulants. It is numb and safe, easy to sell, easy to digest and easy to forget. It's not really even suitable for kindergartners or the mentally handicapped. We are treated like soulless sub-animal house pets until we are old enough to drive or buy cigarettes. When we become consumers they pretend to give us an opinion. We are constantly shoveled milky mounds of unchallenging, moronic impotence disguised as entertainment, but really only designed to lower our standards and make us passive and content on being dumbed down. Why do we watch the things they give us on MTV or Jenny Jones or the 11 0clock news? We have been conditioned to have low expectations and our standards have become less than primitive. The illiterate apes that beat your ass in highschool for being a "fag" now sell you tuneless testosterone anthems of misogyny and pretend to be outsiders to a world that they were born to wear their ADIDASS-FILGERING uniforms in. And we buy it up, helplessly.

Even Christ wouldn't kill himself for this pitiful America that hides under "christian values," and exonerates criminals when they remind the newsman that they too, beLIEve in god.

The networks, record companies and movie studios are all afraid of what we have the power to become. Unlike them we have nothing to lose, and that's what makes us pure.

It is time for their world to be destroyed. It is time for a new age, the Age of Horus. It is time for a new standard, a new canvas, and a new artist. We must forget this wasted generation and amputate it before the mind rots away with it. Paint it, record it, write it down before they kill you with their slow poisonous stupidity. Make yourself heard.

This Internet is your middle finger to the universe, don't let them break it.

F*ck their world.

Let's make our own.

The third and final Beast

Marilyn Manson

I actually like what he has to say.

On May 16, 2001, Manson announced on the band website that he planned to quote the Bible at his next concert, to "balance out" his violent lyrics, "so we can examine the virtues of wonderful Christian stories of disease, murder, adultery, suicide and child sacrifice. Now that seems like entertainment to me".[28][29] On June 21, 2001, Manson did indeed read from the Bible onstage in Denver, Colorado, presenting such passages as Leviticus 20:9 ("For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall surely be put to death") and Psalm 137:9 ("Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones").

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I have to say I'm not so much a fan of his music but I like what he has to say.

As for that Christian website's claim of Manson praising the Columbine shooters - seems like just another made-up Christian crap.

Truth is:

Following the Columbine High School massacre, there were accusations that killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were influenced by Marilyn Manson's music. When later evidence was presented that neither Harris nor Klebold were fans of the band, many were led to criticize the media for using the band as a scapegoat instead of analyzing the underlying societal problems surrounding the incident.[77] In the controversial documentary Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore interviewed Manson about the tragedy. When asked what he would say to the victims, Manson replied "I wouldn't say a single word to them; I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did".[78][79] Manson also submitted an op-ed piece to Rolling Stone magazine [June 24, 1999] titled "Columbine: Whose Fault Is It?".[80] which detailed his opinion on violence as an inherent cultural presence as well as discussing the shootings and his status as an easy target for blame in incidents of this kind. He also said that he expresses condolences to the victim's families.

"I couldn't care less about those kids' reasoning. What reason do we have to go to war? It's all the same. Killing somebody can't be justified by having a reason. I think it says a lot about the [news] media that those two kids were on the cover of Time magazine twice because I'm sure that's everything they wanted. They wanted fame. America sold them the idea that an obituary is just another headline."

—Marilyn Manson on the Columbine massacre.[76]

And this song is about the Columbine shooters:

Today I'm dirty

And I want to be pretty

Tomorrow, I know I'm just dirt

Today I'm dirty

And I want to be pretty

Tomorrow, I know I'm just dirt

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

They'll know just who we are

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

Yesterday I was dirty

Wanted to be pretty

I know now that I'm forever dirt

Yesterday I was dirty

Wanted to be pretty

I know now that I'm forever dirt

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

Some children died the other day

We fed machines and then we prayed

Puked up and down in morbid faith

You should have seen the ratings that day

Some children died the other day

We fed machines and then we prayed

Puked up and down in morbid faith

You should have seen the ratings that day

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

When we're dead

Try some corporate avenger.

trivia: Marjoe Gortner covered this tune on his 1973 album Bad But Not Evil

Without having read through the rest of the thread already, I'd suggest you check out Inkubus Sukkubus's "Church of madness". Not exactly meditative but far from metal.

Oh, also, listen to "By the Light of the Northern Star" by Tyr. It's the story of a Viking whose family was murdered by christians while he was away at war - he comes home to find what happened and swears (and exacts!) bloody revenge. Notable for another classic line: "May the mighty Mjolnir nail the bleeding and naked Nazarene upon the pagan planks, pounding the painful nails now, and hang him high and dry."

Meshes nicely with Thurisaz' sig.

Which reminds me: if you like Tyr, there's another band called Turisas you might want to check out.

Metal, in general, is a good way to go for finding music with lots of anti-christian sentiment. There's lots of stylistic variety so if you're not a fan of blastbeats and death growls, you can find something more melodic too.

Ask here if you want to find more.

Edit: I am an overachiever. http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86173

Here is something softer:

• Like 1

How can I insert video here?