Goodbye Jesus

Ot Law Insight-sacrificial System

Guest end3

Was reading about the Lepers in the OT where they were to announce they were infected if I remember correctly.

What came to my mind was why wouldn't this be just under a system that essentially had no grace system. If I were in a fair, just relationship, then why wouldn't it be fair of me to warn those of my illness, shortcomings, etc.? And then there is the appropriate sacrifce for not being "up to par' within a relationship.......which would have been the status quo in the Garden of Eden that Adam and Eve opted out of.

So today, why wouldn't it be fair to announce "liar, liar" or "adulterer, adulterer" to those to warn that we have personal flaws the inhibit a decent relationship. Instead, through a better system, we choose to hug the leper in their isolation and forgive the liar and adulterer.

So you see there had to be a learning curve for humans to educate themselves on the definition of a decent relationship and the price that had to be paid for learning those lessons.

We still pay a price in a sense for equitable relatioships in many ways.....our personal experiences and then instead of killing a dove, we pay a lawyer.

My theory on why there is need for sacrifice...

Go.

• Super Moderator
...which would have been the status quo in the Garden of Eden that Adam and Eve opted out of.
According to legend, they didn't knowingly "opt out" so much as get blindsided, but that's another story.

So you see there had to be a learning curve for humans to educate themselves on the definition of a decent relationship and the price that had to be paid for learning those lessons.

Christian theology tends to relate Old Testament tales as a background or forerunner to the New Testament stories and themes. It's certainly a valid way to look at Scripture via its internal logic.

But I must ask, why did there HAVE to be a learning curve? According to the story, didn't the God character simply MAKE it that way? Wouldn't an all powerful loving God and Creator do more to alleviate or abbreviate suffering in the world? He could have created better humans in the first place, he could have revealed Himself early on to ALL people rather than just one warlike tribe, or He could have sent the Savior solution a couple thousand years sooner.

He didn't, so think on these things, Grasshopper.

Methinks it looks more like throughout history, people have written these magical tales to explain and justify the random occurrences of life in this universe.

• Like 1

I've tried yelling 'asshole, asshole' when approaching a crowd but gave it up cuz too many people thought I was calling their names! I was just trying to give them fair warning.

Seriously, there is no need for sacrifice except to help someone who is in need of help, all else is only for one's vanity to bring unnecessary attention to one's self.

But I must ask, why did there HAVE to be a learning curve? According to the story, didn't the God character simply MAKE it that way? Wouldn't an all powerful loving God and Creator do more to alleviate or abbreviate suffering in the world? He could have created better humans in the first place, he could have revealed Himself early on to ALL people rather than just one warlike tribe, or He could have sent the Savior solution a couple thousand years sooner.

Well those are good questions. Well if I were rolling out manifestations of myself what would I create and why? Knowing what we know, God wants His manifestations to know Him yet kicked them out of the sandbox for not following his rules of the sandbox. Ah ha, it was the professor in the library with a candlestick.

What do I win.

Edit: I am going to ponder this during my evening wine.