Goodbye Jesus

Working Women

freespirit

I remember how women who stayed home with the kids were viewed better than working women or "career women" especially. I stayed home with my kids. I don't regret staying home but ironically I worked so much for he church I would have been better off working and at least making something for myself with all the work I put in. I could have been working towards a career. But that wasn't valued. Funny how staying home was the higher calling but you could spend all that time at church and that was a "higher calling" yet even if your kids were somewhat neglected to do so. No one ever told me to stop working so much for the church.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

No one ever told me to stop working so much for the church.

I worked for a Christian organization once. The manager told us that our work there was our ministry and that as such it needs to come before family. The unwritten message was:

1. You are working for the Lord.

2. If your manager treats you like crap and takes advantage of you, remember #1.

3. Don't bother claiming for overtime--it's your ministry.

4. Do what we tell you. (And don't forget #1!)

Appalling. The staff as a whole eventually revolted. However, the manager was two-faced and screwed us all over pretty good "for the Lord".

-

I remember how women who stayed home with the kids were viewed better than working women or "career women" especially.

A local pastor's wife had returned to school to get an education after years of teaching Sunday School and raising children. Two years into her schooling, her husband was caught having an affair that had lasted some time. People in the church were actually blaming the wife for the affair, because she had, after all, gone off to school and basically, "What was she expecting?". Wendytwitch.gif

I remember how women who stayed home with the kids were viewed better than working women or "career women" especially.

A local pastor's wife had returned to school to get an education after years of teaching Sunday School and raising children. Two years into her schooling, her husband was caught having an affair that had lasted some time. People in the church were actually blaming the wife for the affair, because she had, after all, gone off to school and basically, "What was she expecting?". Wendytwitch.gif

Good grief. dry.png

I was just thinking today how dangerous Christianity can be for women when men brainwash them into the "women should stay at home and not work" shit. Men do this so that they can have more control over women and so women will be dependent on them. This is a VERY dangerous thing because if the husband ever ends up being abusive and he's the one making the money and the wife has no work experience or skills, it's going to be VERY hard for her to just up and leave if she has no money or skills. Same goes for if the husband ends up having an affair and leaves his wife or if the husband ends up dying suddenly.

I have no problem with anyone wanting to stay home rather than work if that's what they want, but everybody should always have education and/or skills that they can fall back on if the need arises.

I knew a couple who were born again and very strong in their faith....or so it seemed. If they noticed two people they perceived as not being saved those two were "two devils shaking hands". While the husband was away on business the wife would sometimes have groups of people in their home to bombard a guest with religious claptrap...I mean like an all out assault on an unsuspecting guest. This was done, mostly by the women who had the time since they weren't working, and done weekly. It went on for years. Then the guy stopped traveling and started being home bossing his wife around. She took it. He was rich. Then one day they found out he was embezelling money from a local business......and this was followed by her running off with the pastor's wife!!

I ain't making this up.

• Like 1

Free Spirit, maybe you can still work towards a career? what are your skills?

Free Spirit, maybe you can still work towards a career? what are your skills?

That's a great point. Even if you can't hard sell your work experience, you can focus on the skills that all that volunteer work helped you develop.

I had an 18 or 19yr old cousin who just had her second baby in less then 3 years of marriage. State on facebook that she always likes to call out homeschool moms when they screw up grammatically and what not. However, now she knows that's what she has to look forward too.

Her biggest ambition. Be a homeschool mom and probably a quiver brood mare.