Goodbye Jesus

Baptist Pastor To Atheist Activist

London

This is not my story, I ran across this and thought I would share. What a great story he has.

http://freethoughtbl...braced-atheism/

Excellent story! Well worth reading!! thank you London! biggrin.png

As an ex-Southern Baptist, I really appreciated reading this. Thank you, London!

Insulting him and blaming his medical problems on God (which makes God look like an asshole), then trying to turn his wife against him, then his kids (probably helped plant the seed of atheism in all of them), then property damage and death threats - all showing this guy's largely still Christian family what Christians are capable of. What subhumans.

Insulting him and blaming his medical problems on God (which makes God look like an asshole), then trying to turn his wife against him, then his kids (probably helped plant the seed of atheism in all of them), then property damage and death threats - all showing this guy's largely still Christian family what Christians are capable of. What subhumans.

Really doesn't surprise me given what they do to atheist billboards and such.

Always dem baptist eh?

Seems the deeper people are in the shithole the more likely they are to notice it smells like shit.

Just goes to show that the "unconditional love" that Christians claim to show is 100% conditional. Hopefully my departure from the church won't be met with this. I'll just be a quiet non-theist until I break free. I hate to be afraid of the Xtians, but I do value some semblance of peace.

Wonderful story though! Thanks for posting it!

That was an intriguing, heart-wrenching story! I really hate all the turmoil he was put through by people who should, because they supposedly have access to the Holy Spirit, know how to handle people more compassionately. But, that's what religion does. It helps people feel justified and righteous in being dicks to other people.

It's not just southern baptists. Pastor's wife at a Methodist church did the same thing to my father when he had an affair with a unmarried woman in the church. My guess is she got it worse but I never spoke to her so I wouldn't know. BTW Dad left that church and became a Born again fundy after he divorce my mom.