Goodbye Jesus

Without Title

Legion

If you're looking, you won't find it. If you're not looking, then it's there.

It occurs to me that we could all equally start reading Alice in Wonderland and get some of the same type of things to say to each other. ;)

• Like 2

If you're looking, you won't find it. If you're not looking, then it's there.

It occurs to me that we could all equally start reading Alice in Wonderland and get some of the same type of things to say to each other. wink.png

It's not what you say that actually means something. The actual meaning is hidden behind the words...

Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying, half the posts look like a bunch of nonsense words strung together to any outside observer... much like Alice. Of course there was sort of some deeper wisdom under the surface in that book too. It's not a put down. I love the Alice books. Some things can't be discussed in human language without turning into "drink me", "eat me" and "How does the little crocodile improve its shining tail... "

Part of me wanted to interject some humor here. But Foxy beat me to it. <gollum>

Anyway, the only thing that kept coming to mind were Japanese death poems or their like.

but then something else came to mind.

Darkness sounds me.

I feel people there.

I pray.

Silence.

I beg.

Silence.

I scream and tear at the darkness

Why won't you answer.

I fall.

Orange light baths smooth stone.

A hand offer to help me up.

Faces.

Thousands of faces.

They trail off beyond the circle of light.

They are me.

All those of me that have gone before.

When looking at infinity

I panic and run.

That was a poetic telling of a personal experience in high school when I was begging god to answer me. Not quite the answer I expected.

I really like that, Stryper. Good stuff.

I'm just saying, half the posts look like a bunch of nonsense words strung together to any outside observer...

The technical term is "mondo", the more colloquial expression is "dharma combat". The idea is to wear down the portion of the mind that is analyzing and attempting to grasp while leaving only the direct experience.

:)

I'm just saying, half the posts look like a bunch of nonsense words strung together to any outside observer...

The technical term is "mondo", the more colloquial expression is "dharma combat". The idea is to wear down the portion of the mind that is analyzing and attempting to grasp while leaving only the direct experience.

smile.png

Ha! Cool. Thank you for explaining the purpose. I knew there was a reason I liked this. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The form of this stuff is very similar to the Tao Te Ching. Kind of ancestral to Zen I guess.

• Like 1

The form of this stuff is very similar to the Tao Te Ching. Kind of ancestral to Zen I guess.

yep