Goodbye Jesus

Can Anyone Explain This Peice Of Christianese For Me?

Kaiser01

so i was talking to a christian fundamentalist about what to do with the poverty in the united states. now keep in mind this is a inteligent guy. so i tell him about a plan that could really help to aleviate poverty but then he says.

"well we cant do that becuase the goverment is too woried about gay rights, when im forced to recognise the equality of others im forced to discriminate".

Wendytwitch.gif what the fuck?

i dont know what else to say about this i kinda jsut ended the coversation there.

I wasn't there so I can only guess from what you've told me Kaiser, but it seems something about your proposed plan to alleviate poverty made the guy put up his walls.

Walls are not very intelligent.

so i was talking to a christian fundamentalist about what to do with the poverty in the united states. now keep in mind this is a inteligent guy. so i tell him about a plan that could really help to aleviate poverty but then he says.

"well we cant do that becuase the goverment is too woried about gay rights, when im forced to recognise the equality of others im forced to discriminate".

Wendytwitch.gif what the fuck?

I have heard some Christians argue that when the government rules in favor of gay rights, then by default they are discriminating against those Christians who believe on religious grounds that homosexuality is wrong. They try to turn it into a First Amendment issue. For example, this article.

What any of that has to do with poverty beats the hell out of me.

i dont know what else to say about this i kinda jsut ended the coversation there.

I don't blame you.

Don't say anything in reply. Just silently kick his face in.

• Like 2

Does not compute! Does not compute! Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson!

Emotional issues like gay rights are just easier for people to talk about because it requires hardly any research or actual knowledge. He probably felt cornered and that was all he had left to show he could still talk about something. See Rick Perry.

I think maybe you tend to give people too much credit when you say they're otherwise intelligent … first with your teacher saying Stephen Hawking is a greedy capitalist and now this guy. Unless he was deliberately trying to confuse you into leaving the conversation. That quote makes no sense whatsoever in the context you gave.

Maybe he would understand this reply....

post-8839-0-05361200-1323817373.jpg

lol i understand whats going on when he said this, i just thought it would be funny to share with you guys.

People in the religious community pidgeonhole every subject. That's why they do stuff like ask retorical questions that they already have answers for. Ask something not in line with a sermon they've heard and they will not be able to process it. They're whole premise is that the person they are talking to is either evil or stupid, so they can just regurgitate anything and it's good enough.....just because, of course, it's coming from their superior perspective!

Perhaps he meant that he's not in favor of government programs to help the poor, since he sees the government as discriminating against Christian beliefs. In other words, maybe he doesn't support funding programs for the poor through a government he doesn't trust.

That's my shot in the dark, anyway....

the christianese when translated goes like this.If the govt made being gay illegal and did a bunch of other stuff like stop abortion clinic,family planning,forced prayer and bible reading back in schools and basically transformed your country into a christian dictatorship 'lite' then god would bless the nation and there would be no more poor folk.unfortunatly even in the hieght of Isreals power there were poor folk and the law of moses made provision for them.christianese theology is so fucked up.hope that helps.just the standard hate filled bs that i used to believ when I was one of them.

the christianese when translated goes like this.If the govt made being gay illegal and did a bunch of other stuff like stop abortion clinic,family planning,forced prayer and bible reading back in schools and basically transformed your country into a christian dictatorship 'lite' then god would bless the nation and there would be no more poor folk.unfortunatly even in the hieght of Isreals power there were poor folk and the law of moses made provision for them.christianese theology is so fucked up.hope that helps.just the standard hate filled bs that i used to believ when I was one of them.

This is pretty much a summary of what they think.

I still don't understand all the hate against homosexuals. If the government allowed homosexual marriage or even just something that would be legally and financially the same, it does not infringe upon Christian rights. The Christians aren't going to be forced to be gay. They aren't going to be forced to marry off their family members to other people of the same sex. They don't have to do any of this. Let us who support homosexuality be sinners and they can go off and be in their own little world.

The he obviously dislike the Golden Rule. That's the point of "do to others". Don't discriminate, and don't treat other people any different than you want to be treated.

He's not a true Christian...

IMO its because gays are an easy target.Also it has alot to do with fucked up sexuality among male and female christians,frigidity,envy at others sexual lives,also dissatisfaction at their own.

Can anyone explain these two things to me:

1) If you pray for something and God doesn't answer it's because it wasn't good for you?

2) A human being is not made when an eggshell and sperm merge/blend/connect (I'm sorry don't know the correct name, I'm not american), but God does it?

What he is saying is that if he does not get his way and everyone bow down to his beliefs then he is going to cause problems for others, a typical Christian reaction.

I still don't understand all the hate against homosexuals...

First, hate is in integral part of the authoritarian mindset. The world is (supposedly) full of rivals and enemies, therefore you need to fight to defeat them, and to gain victory you must kiss the arse of a strong führer.

Second, as I see it, it is easiest to push people to hating those who are (or seem to be) very different on an instinctive level. If you're hetero and simply cannot imagine ever getting anything going with someone of your own sex, those who are hot for that kind of intimacy can easily be made to appear totally alien to you, even inhuman. All it takes is some good propaganda.

And reasons 3 and 4, I guess, would be sexual jealousy and self-hatred because the most rabid homophobes are themselves homosexuals. As they don't have the balls to at least kill themselves if they think they must hate "teh gayz", they need to hate others.

I still don't understand all the hate against homosexuals. If the government allowed homosexual marriage or even just something that would be legally and financially the same, it does not infringe upon Christian rights. The Christians aren't going to be forced to be gay. They aren't going to be forced to marry off their family members to other people of the same sex. They don't have to do any of this. Let us who support homosexuality be sinners and they can go off and be in their own little world.

Hate is a standard way to control people. Pick a minority. Any minority will do. Then get the majority to hate them. Look at how this minority is different from the rest of us. The implication is that we (the majority) are better. We are the master race or the obedient children or the Real True Christians. The haters feel better about themselves so they don't mind being led around by the nose.

I've always said that one of the reasons this world is the fucked up place that it is is because people like these dumb ass fundies spend more time worrying about stupid shit (like trying to keep gays from having rights) instead of actually paying attention to REAL problems like poverty, starvation, etc. It also pisses me off when stupid ass religious groups waste thousands and thousands of dollars on their anti-gay campaigns when they could be using that money to help out the homeless or something that actually makes a difference. But no, trying to keep others from having the same rights as them is more important.rolleyes.gif