Goodbye Jesus

Here's To You, Ex-christians....

2Honest

Yeah, I've said it before. Christians don't know what it's like to be persecuted, until they have walked in an Atheists shoes.

I'd so odd, they sit there and claim how people treat them horrible and they are judged all the time.

That they feel "attacked" and so forth; you know boo hoo type shit.

Then they sit there and bash everyone different, who either doesn't believe like them.

I mean look how much they attack homosexuals and their rights alone. when many have fought and died for this country, to only get none of the same rights.

It's just sick.

Not to mention more times than not, society puts Christian celebrities and Sports heroes in the spot light, and there are idolized.

Yeah, I've said it before. Christians don't know what it's like to be persecuted, until they have walked in an Atheists shoes.

I'd so odd, they sit there and claim how people treat them horrible and they are judged all the time.

Then they sit there and bash everyone different, who either doesn't believe like them.

I mean look how much they attack homosexuals and their rights alone. when many have fought and died for this country, to only get none of the same rights.

It's just sick.

Not to mention more times than not, society puts Christian celebrities and Sports heroes in the spot light, and there are idolized.

The persecution mind-set is built into Christianity. If anyone disagrees with you? Questions you? Believes something different? Glances at you? Why, they are persecuting you because you love Jesus! It means they can never ever be wrong about anything. 

The fact that they don't get their own persecutions of other groups is one of the things I hate most about Christianity. 

It's just sick.

The persecution mind-set is built into Christianity. If anyone disagrees with you? Questions you? Believes something different? Glances at you? Why, they are persecuting you because you love Jesus! It means they can never ever be wrong about anything. 

The fact that they don't get their own persecutions of other groups is one of the things I hate most about Christianity. 

Yeah, if you disagree with them, that take it pretty personal. Like taking Cocaine from a drug addict. "How dare you try to rip Jesus out of my life! Jesus takes me to a place you don't understand!".

• 4 weeks later...

In my case my deconversion was helped by christians who werent there for me during my divorce...but thats only one part of my reasons for deconversion...mainly its based on intellectual assessment of the lack of facts and the historical and logical idiocy of it all...

I see Christians as people who need the myth.. ( I mean what person of depth really considers their spiritual needs met because they have "met" a mythical man-god who makes it all OK ? When you consider the true path that enightenment requires its mazingly shallow to just give your life to Jesus, whatever that means)

But who am I to play shrink with them and decide they would be better knowing or pursuing  the truth?

Should a 4 year old child know about all the rotteness in the world? It would make them insane..so NO in my opinion they cant handle it at 4..some cant at 44 thats why we are so drugged out these days on pharmaceuticals..if it isnt drugs, its food, or violence, or sex, or video games, or Jesus or religion.....they are  all coping mechanisms...a quick fix instead of doing real soul work..

If they need the crutch they need it..I talk to a few..most I dont even see anymore because I dont go to church and Ive found many shun you because they might be afraid of what you will say or that the Devil has got you, or whatever...doesnt matter if we dont connect, we dont...our connection was flase anyway and shows me that ideoplogues dont make true friends...they connect with fellow cultists..disagree and the "friendship" ends..I cant tell you how many Christians befriended me only to dump me when they knew I wouldnt be buying the snake oil anymore...makes them appear more shllow and pathetic to me..and do I really want friends like them anyway? no ...cool.png

So....I dont obssess too much about christians anymore..my main concern is that they are hurting the country with their strong pro-zionist views which are fanning the flames of war against Iran etc and bankrupting us..apart from that they are pretty much losing all the cultural battles and becoming irrelevant..so we are morphing into a secular, war mongering empire in the mold of Orwell's world of 1984...I just hope they dont decide Im Winston Smith eek.gif

• 3 months later...

We all know that if we really got into it with a Christian friend or family member, we could pretty easily tumble their house of cards. But we don't. We love them too much.

So am I a complete bitch because I actually enjoy pointing out the shortcomings of my former faith to those who are still in it? A large percentage of my FB friends are former church peers and some of their FB statuses deserve a reality check. Perhaps it's my evangelistic zeal still bubbling within me, but I really don't see how it's loving to let a grown adult continue to believe imaginary nonsense - especially if they are in the business of promoting the Christian faith and evangelizing others.

And still, we don't use our pain as motivation to try to de-convert those who abuse us.

I don't think it needs to be a vindictive thing. Sure there are a lot of arrogant Christians who have wounded me for years with their call for my repentance. I've spent years dealing with health problems from head to toe, all while suffering the aftereffects of physical and emotional child abuse, the loss of my fiance and the murder of my best friend, among other tragedies. All the while these Christians have thrown fire in my eye by trying to convince me that God was allowing suffering to get my attention (which he already had - I was a child convert!) or because he was trying to use it for some greater purpose. As far as I see it, taking their faith down a couple notches just might save someone else from being fed the god-loving bullshit that I was.

I would not compare a Christian's faith in God with a child's faith in Santa Claus. A child's faith doesn't cost us anymore than some misplaced gratitude for presents. If an adult's faith merely meant that they felt a sense of peace that the universe was ordered by a loving being who was taking care of them regardless of the ultimate end result, I would say "sure, why mess with that?". So they live with the hope of seeing uncle Bill again in their after-life? Harmless....

But much of what Christians do and say is NOT harmless. When they're out condemning my homosexual friends and fighting to prevent them from marrying, when they are voting for morons simply because the moron says "I love Jesus!", and when they look a dying person in the face and tell them that God wants them sick for his purposes and that they should be happy and praise God for their illness - that is not harmless, that is abusive.

So maybe I am a bubble-popping bitch. But the next time a friend posts a FB status like "God only allows us as much pain as he knows we can handle", damn right I'm going to speak up! Because as far as I see it, while I was asking questions and struggling silently with my own doubt, other atheists and agnostics were busy poking holes in what was left of my own bubble - and having now escaped the bubble, I am quite grateful to them for having spoken up. Our polite silence isn't necessarily a kind thing.

Like. 

The idea of staying quiet and letting people continue to believe false things is compassionate in the small sense -- in the sense that it spares them the pain of losing so much happiness -- but when we actually examine the ideas people (Christians) believe falsely and evaluate their effect on the future of our world I would hope that most of us would speak up to try to change the course our Earth is on. False beliefs shared by many have big consequences and compassion should rule our decisions, not fear.

Being verbally antagonistic online is usually not the best way to affect change, but let no one fool themselves into thinking that by staying silent they are somehow being compassionate bc according to the big picture they're not. Quite the opposite.

• 1 month later...

Zionism is one of the worst aspects of American Christianity.  Actually, Zionism is just plain wrong, full stop.

Well said :)

I think part of why I don't correct believers is I know if anyone tried to challenge me when I was in it, they'd be wasting their breath.  

• 1 month later...

Zionism is one of the worst aspects of American Christianity.  Actually, Zionism is just plain wrong, full stop.

One of the first things that happened to me after leaving religion was my Zionist colored goggles fell off.  "Hey wait a minute . . . those guys are not the good guys."  Suddenly the Mid East became a complicated place full of many shades of grey.

• Like 1