Goodbye Jesus

Christianity?

Guest acorn

Guest acorn

Christianity is defined as a follower of Jesus Christ.

What is a follower?

How do Christians actually follow Jesus Christ, if they do at all?

Is someone considered a Christian if they have doubts that Jesus was the Son of God?

Is someone considered a Christian if they appease other people?

Is someone a Christian if they dont defend the Gospels of Jesus Christ?

Is someone a Christian if they dont go to Church regularly?

:scratch:

Is someone considered a Christian if they annoy non-Christians on an internet forum?

Well that's a silly question anyway. We all know who the TrueChristians are. They have the secret handshake.

What is a follower?

Is someone considered a Christian if they have doubts that Jesus was the Son of God?

Is someone  a Christian if they dont go to Church regularly?

Who cares? Why are you asking us these questions?

Your the Xtian Acorn.....why you asking?

People are Christian when they send their nubile teenage daughters to appease me, the One Messenger of the Almighty God.

What is a follower?

One who follows another. :HaHa:

It appears they follow Christ quite badly. :Doh: I don't know really anymore. It's stressful and just plain silly to worry about all the details anyway. Love God, your neighbor, and your enemies maybe? Do and pray for "God's will" to be done and not your own? I always wondered how you can tell the difference. :scratch:

Yes I would think so. Feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, stuff like that you mean?

Yes. All you're ordered to do is "give the reason why you believe what you believe". Very simple. If people no likey you can "wipe the dust off your feet" and run away before the evil city gets nuked and you turn into salt. Or you can stay and whine. Or you can hang out with the sinners like Jesus did (your religious authorities ironically don't like when you do that though). Actually I forgot, does the Almighty Bible say you have to defend it? Not everyone has the capabilites to defend everything, or even know everything, even the most capable people can't even defend it against all things.

Yes of course. If someone does go to church regularly does that mean they are christian? "Church going" is irrelevant. It is helpful to fellowship with like minded people, but sometimes, or most of the time, it can be harmful to one's belief.

Let's say you get stranded on a island all alone. You miss your fellowship with other christians and all the trappings of church. Would you cease to be christian? Would you lose faith? Why is your faith so dependent on other people reinforcing it for you? You should learn to be self reliant. This is good for christians and non-christians.

Isn't there only one church anyway? Isn't the kingdom of god inside you? Does your God live in man made temples? :thanks:

Well, according to 'The Bible', all you have to do to be a Christian is believe.

Yet 'The Bible' also says that even the 'demons' believe.

So does that make the 'demons' Christians?

....things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Acorn, I'm just curious. You say you are, "From: North of earth hopefully."

Where is that? ;)

I just wanted to say welcome to Ex-C!

-Reach

Where in the Bible does it say that you go to heaven if you believe Jesus was the son of god? I've still yet to have found that verse.

What do you mean by "appease"? If you feed a hungry person, aren't you appeasing him? If you obey your parents, which god commands, are you not appeasing your parents? If you get arrested for DUI and the officer tells you to lay face down on the ground, is that appeasment. Hmm, seems that it's necessary for one's daily survival to be appeasing to others.

Which gospel? The ones in the bible or the ones that didn't make the cut? Either way, not one gospel gives the same account and they all contradict each other. And all were written at least 80 years after Jesus's death so apparently, they're not even first hand testimonies. And if Jesus is so great can't he defend his own self? He sure didn't defend me when I was an abused child.

I thought it had to do with belief, not with whether you go to a building every Sunday.

I didn't see in the bible where Jesus went to temple every sabbath. In fact, it seems to me he admonished everyone to be a temple. Seems he was more concerned about how people treated each other in their everyday lives than he was about believers going to some building to sing and listen a sermon.

What is a follower?

Good question, ain't it?

Considering the myriad different answers that christians give to that question, all supposedly based on the babble bible alone, I guess they won't finally agree on one definition before Ragnarök. :fdevil:

Ragnarok? They just be thinking it's the apocalypse.

Christianity, as Mr. Neil has so many times said, creating a wound where none existed, then selling the victim the treatment.

It tells the believer "You're inherently evil, but God will love you anyway if you pray properly and say your sorry after having fun."

After that I ask people WHY I'm inherently evil, and then they tell me that it's because my ancesters trusted Knowledge over Faith, and the cost of that is damnation.

Sign me up, baby. The blind may be blessed with security, but I'll trust in reason. It's more dangerous, but it's far more rewarding.

Merlin

Guest acorn
Acorn, I'm just curious. You say you are, "From: North of earth hopefully."

Where is that?  ;)

I just wanted to say welcome to Ex-C!

-Reach

This not actually, sound evidence or anything, but there has always been a type of "void" in the northern part above earth. Dont hold me too that, its just something i think about. There is though a lot of scripture referring to the north.

Guest acorn
  Well, according to 'The Bible', all you have to do to be a Christian is believe. 

Yet 'The Bible' also says that even the 'demons' believe.

So does that make the 'demons' Christians?

....things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Your right they do believe but they believe because they already know He is Lord.

Here is some scripture to demonstrate that demons believe but also know He is Lord.

Mark 5:8-13

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.

12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

(KJV)

What is a follower?

What is a follower?

Not me....I'm more of a leader type.... :P

As far as the other christians, if someone THINKS they are a christian, then they are!

According to it's own standards and ethics, a christian is not supposed to judge the status of another.....

Anyhoo, why do you ask, Acorn? :grin:

Guest acorn

Where in the Bible does it say that you go to heaven if you believe Jesus was the son of god?  I've still yet to have found that verse.

Matt 3:16-17

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

(KJV)

Which gospel? The ones in the bible or the ones that didn't make the cut? Either way, not one gospel gives the same account and they all contradict each other. And all were written at least 80 years after Jesus's death so apparently, they're not even first hand testimonies. And if Jesus is so great can't he defend his own self? He sure didn't defend me when I was an abused child.

The gospel only gospels we have short of going up to the vatican. I am very sorry about your past , that is one of the hardest things for alot of people to understand, even I didnt understand for a long time.

I thought it had to do with belief, not with whether you go to a building every Sunday.

I didn't see in the bible where Jesus went to temple every sabbath. In fact, it seems to me he admonished everyone to be a temple. Seems he was more concerned about how people treated each other in their everyday lives than he was about believers going to some building to sing and listen a sermon.

Jesus regually tought in the synagagues, but in that precept of time He seemed to have focused on the people of high satue. He seemed to emphasize on the people that thought they were holy by doing all the traditional things but didnt really follow Gods original great comamandment . .Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and all your might. .This was missing, but I do believe that Jesus wants us to do to a good Bible believing church. There are many that are more about there doctrine or ways than living their life based on the Bible

Ragnarok?  They just be thinking it's the apocalypse.

No, if I remember correctly all the Gods end up dying. I love to be there when Odin cleaves the Judeao-Xian God through it's skull.

What is a follower?

I am the Master, and you, Acorn will obey me. Or be tissued-compressed eliminated. :HaHa:

What is a follower?

As far as the other christians, if someone THINKS they are a christian, then they are!

According to it's own standards and ethics, a christian is not supposed to judge the status of another.....

Anyhoo, why do you ask, Acorn?  :grin:

I hate to rudely interject, but... I rather perceive that the Bible, or more specifically the N.T., designates a Christian as a person whom God deems as such. That is why people are not to judge, because that perogative is held for God alone. It is not for us to confirm for ourselves God's approval. [so, you mean you can't know if you're going to Heaven or Hell...it guess work?] Not exactly. What I'm saying is that there are CONDITIONS for being approved by God as being acceptable (i.e. Christian). One example of this can be seen in 'Matthew' chapter 7.

Otherwise, I ask, who has the authority to determine who is a Christian? (Who has the authority to determine that a Chevrolet is indeed a Chevrolet as well as the Chevrolet factor that defines and develops its own cars?)

Guest acorn
What is a follower?

Anyhoo, why do you ask, Acorn?  :grin:

Well, I believe that Christians should Love truthfully. Thats something that is hard to imagine. Chirstians are supposed to love unconditionally, but at the same time proclaim the truth. Loving unconditionally is the greatest commandment from Jesus, but we are also obligated to proclaim the truth by the beliefs of a Christian. Thats in essence, what Jesus did when He was here. I think thats why so many people say" well, one time he was yelling at pharisees and the next healing people or talking about love. If the truth is contended then Christians must use the knowledge and wisdom that God has equipped with to proclaim the truth by the its beliefs. The confusing part to most is " how do you show love at that same time" well, look in the gospels where Jesus was being crucified and at the end he said forgive them, for they know not what they do. Even though persacuted, he showed his love for them asking the Father for their forgiveness still...That is loving truthfully in my opinion.

Believe in me or burn...that's a pretty big condition to that love Acorn.

I hate to rudely interject, but...  I rather perceive that the Bible, or more specifically the N.T., designates  a Christian as a person whom God deems as such.

So you're saying that it's predestined?

That is why people are not to judge, because that perogative is held for God alone.  It is not for us to confirm for ourselves God's approval. [so, you mean you can't know if you're going to Heaven or Hell...it guess work?]  Not exactly.  What I'm saying is that there are CONDITIONS for being approved by God as being acceptable (i.e. Christian).  One example of this can be seen in 'Matthew' chapter 7.

And in your own words (no scripture please), what do you percieve as these conditions?

Well, I believe that Christians should Love truthfully...

Acorn, what is your proof that Jesus existed? And do you believe in the Trinity and that Jesus and God are one and the same?

And to know where you are speaking from specifically, what is your denomination?

(not being sarcastic here at all, just desiring a discussion) :grin:

Well, I believe that Christians should Love truthfully. Thats something that is hard to imagine. Chirstians are supposed to love unconditionally, but at the same time proclaim the truth. Loving unconditionally is the greatest commandment from Jesus, but we are also obligated to proclaim the truth by the beliefs of a Christian. Thats in essence, what Jesus did when He was here. I think thats why so many people say" well, one time he was yelling at pharisees and the next healing people or talking about love. If the truth is contended then Christians must use the knowledge and wisdom that God has equipped with to proclaim the truth by the its beliefs. The confusing part to most is " how do you show love at that same time" well, look in the gospels where Jesus was being crucified and at the end he said forgive them, for they know not what they do. Even though persacuted, he showed his love for them asking the Father for their forgiveness still...That is loving truthfully in my opinion.

That is nice. But how does this unconditional love thing work with the eternal hell belief? I mean, isn't any requirements to get into heaven conditional? Why also doesn't God forgive the nonbelievers at judgement day too since "they know not what they do" too? How is throwing people into into the torments of hell for eternity justice or loving? :shrug: