Goodbye Jesus

Christianity And Psychopathy

Sunny49

I don't know, I read somewhere that the psychiatrist couldn't agree whether the disorder was inborn or was it socially/enviromentaly induced. So, they made the two terms to differ it....I can't find where I read it...never mind.

And, blackpudd, your mother was a psychopath? That must have been horrible!

EDIT: I found it: "Hare writes that the difference between sociopathy and psychopathy may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder." The term sociopathy may be preferred by sociologists that see the causes as due to social factors. The term psychopathy may be preferred by psychologists who see the causes as due to a combination of psychological, genetic, and environmental factors."

Yeah. It took me years to work out. Back in 2010 I went out with a guy for a short while that I discovered was a psychopath (the psychologist I was seeing at the time confirmed it- somehow, without telling me how, she knew all about him), and I got out of that pretty easily in part because there was enough doubt in his mind about what my dad was capable of, and also because I had the support of a lovely officer who I suspect made a point of making his life hell until he got the message and fucked off.

But I said to my dad at one point, this all just seems so familiar. And that's when it hit me- my biological mother. I did further research, and had been talking to my psych nurse (who's married to a psychiatrist) about it, when a letter showed up from my biological mother. I showed it to my psych nurse, and she only needed to read it in order to confirm that she was, indeed, a psychopath. I still have it, I'll put it here for anyone interested:

Dear Pudd (I changed to my screen name),

In spite of the fact that I do not get many letters written to you, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

In trying to get extra work, I lost my job at AWB and the two new ones didn't work out. I really don't know why for the first one- they told (the recruitment firm) that I was a lovely person and I did my work well but they no longer wanted me. It was an American firm and my suspicion is that I don't "bow down" to them enough.

The second time was because I (as You know) am not enraptured by dogs and those people regard their dog as their child and had it in the office (a carpet shop of all places!)

Anyway, it gives me more time to do my own books for the end of the financial year.

In spite of these mishaps, I still love bookkeeping and my other jobs are enjoyable. I was wondering if you might be interested in learning bookkeeping either by correspondence or at TAFE. Centrelink would probably pay for your expenses and you could probably use their computers for free. I regard bookkeeping as one of the few areas of sanity in this mad world.

Aunty R is in South Africa seeing all the wild animals. Isn't that wonderful?

She has had one knee replacement and needs to have another.

The church at (where she attends) is growing and we are getting a major renovation of nearly $4,000,000.00. There are quite a few missionaries and mission organizations that are supported by the Church and special donations this year for missions have exceeded $57,000.00. In today's world, that is phenomenal!

Our ministers are all wonderful men. If you ever want to hear our sermons, you can download them from the (church's) website.

I am so glad that Grandpa is still with us and so well and alert. It is a bonus to have him still with us even though he is over 90.

I have now reached 70 and I think I will have to retire to a remote place in Tasmania to be able to afford to live. I still miss you- you are very dear. So don't leave it too long before you restore relations. I won't be around forever.

Love from

(she never signed it)

The most conspicuous thing missing from this letter is any mention of my sister, mother of her only grandchild. Or any mention of my sister's family. Despite the fact that she attends my sister's church every Sunday. Also missing is the simple question, "how are you?" The entire focus of the letter is pretty much on her, and she finishes with a delightful guilt trip about my refusal to have anything to do with her.

This woman is the coldest person I have ever come across, and always strove to put a wedge between my sister and I, which she succeeded in doing for many years, and we're still trying to form some semblance of a relationship. That's why my sister wasn't mentioned, and hasn't been in the letters she sends for some time. She will do anything to divide us- I got one letter from her when I was 16, saying to me, "why can't you be more like your sister? Any parent would be proud to have a daughter like your sister".

It's so bad, that my sister and I have plans in case anything happens to her and her husband to protect my nephew. The plan is that, as there is no statute of limitations on child abuse, I will drop everything and run to Sydney, file charges against her for child abuse, and either care for my nephew myself, or a friend of my sister's, until his paternal grandparents can fly in from interstate. My nephew is to go to his other grandparents, but if she fights the will, I will continue with the charges. She cannot have unsupervised access to my nephew- we know all too well what she's capable of.

Regarding how psychopathy originates, I believe, mainly from my own experience, that the person is born that way. My biological mother was raised in a loving home, and didn't want for anything. I've never come across a bad word about my maternal grandparents, despite how large the family is. Various family members have told me about the time when my mother was about 12 years old, and she pretended to run away from home, hid up a tree, and laughed as her mother frantically searched for her. She found her mother's distress highly amusing. That's just one instance.

There is no hope for psychopaths, no therapy has been found to work, as they are masters at mimicing emotion and learning the responses that the therapist wants to hear. Insecurity and rage are the only two emotions they seem capable of, but even these are shallow and short-lived. They plan not, and think not of consequences, and have no regard for the feelings of anyone else, except to find pleasure in the distress of others.

However, they don't all end up in jail, because there is a sub-category, known as "successful psychopaths", and women are more likely to be successful psychopaths than men. Their deviant behaviour is harder to prosecute because it tends not to be so obviously criminal, though it is always immoral. The worst part is that so many psychopaths are proud to be a psychopath- they have no intention of being any different, because they can see nothing wrong with their abberant behaviours.

• Like 1

Interesting!

Interesting!

The worst part of having a psychopathic parent is that no-one wants to believe you. They make excuses for them, saying things like, "oh, you don't know what trauma happened in their life" and shit like that.

You may find this blog interesting (I have linked you to the frequently asked questions page): http://www.sociopathworld.com/p/frequently-asked-questions.html

I find the blog entries, often written by psychopaths/sociopaths themselves to be rather sympathetic to the socio/psychopath, whereas the comments, which are usually posted by people who have actually lived with them, are rather more unsympathetic. The entry about breaking up with a socio/psychopath is particularly interesting.

This one, http://www.sociopathworld.com/2009/08/found-out.html is particularly chilling, when you get into the discussion in the comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting list. I do see correlations between the two. Since my deconversion, I've seen xtianity as basically the world's largest cult. There's alot of brainwashing going on there.