Goodbye Jesus

I Do Not Deserve Hell!

jackbauer

Again, I have to ask why? Why do we need to be punished? Didn't god give us free will? After all, I hear god didn't want robots and wanted a creation who would choose to follow him. Okay cool, but WHY THE BLOODY FUCK DOES HE NEED TO PUNISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T?!!!

I think it goes something like this:

1. God wants us to love him and to be perfect like Him.

2. God gave us free will so we wouldn't be as robots.

3. Humans chose to sin and to turn away from God.

4. But the only way to strive to be perfect like God is through Jesus; to accept God's code of morality instead of man's.

5. People who don't accept Jesus and his teachings fall short of God's expectations (1).

6. People who fall short of God's expectations don't deserve to go to Heaven.

7. Therefore hell.

Problem is that the bible doesn't actually teach that doctrine.

How odd.

Sure as heck wouldn't be the very first time modern believers held as ineffable doctrine something the Bible doesn't actually talk much about.

Sure as heck wouldn't be the very first time modern believers held as ineffable doctrine something the Bible doesn't actually talk much about.

No kidding! In my experience the majority of the Christian doctrines held as essential to believe in order to not be deemed a heretic and shunned from Christianity are not even found in the very book they uphold.

I think you guys are right. Hell is a Christian doctrine because it scares people into joining churches and tithing there money. Problem is that the bible doesn't actually teach that doctrine.

Yes, it does. Have you read Revelations? Or do you think it is all metaphor?

If it really is a metaphor they could should have been a little more clear and explicit about it. It kinda is a big deal, don't you think?

I'm interested in the jewish take on hell though. Gehenna, Sheol, annihilation. Daniel 12:2 is interesting too:

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Hmmm... I am not a Christian, but I do believe that the Christian Bible is inspired by HaShem.

For what reason? Has it actually done anything remarkable? Last time I checked it hasn't cured any diseases, or built any technologies. The computer you're using wasn't made via instructions from a ancient fantasy book.

No kidding! In my experience the majority of the Christian doctrines held as essential to believe in order to not be deemed a heretic and shunned from Christianity are not even found in the very book they uphold.

*cough*Rapture*cough*

• 2 months later...

Neither do I!