Goodbye Jesus

Too Bad Christianity Is Bullshit

Legion

That was a good one Margee. :HaHa:

And you beat me to Proverbs. sad.png

I was looking at it this morning for verses to put in here.

That was a good one Margee. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

And you beat me to Proverbs. sad.png

I was looking at it this morning for verses to put in here.

Lol!

Legion, I love this thread... Brilliant idea!! This is the type of things ex-chrstians need to read!! It helps so much!

If it was up to me - I would be pinning this thread!!

Jesus cannot “save” or rescue or insulate me from my life, but what he did do was to model and consecrate (to make sacred) my “dying to what robs the beauty, goodness and truth from my living!”

Any spiritual teacher or therapist, worthy of the name would do no different!--IMHO

It sickens me, that the fun-damn-mental movement that bears his name, thinks that to be complete bullshit.

saner

Saner my mind tries to make you either heathen or heretic, but I know you are a familiar mystery.

When Nietzsche asserts, "To live is to suffer and to survive is to find meaning in the suffering", what do you think?

The traditional notion that "here is not home" is to suffer. If there is any meaning in suffering it is only a reminder that I'm not home--I'm looking for something that is not home.

One can search for meaning in suffering or one can live--home.

Mine was clearly the best post in this thread. Too bad this thread is bullshit.

• Like 1

:HaHa:

Too bad your attitude is bullshit. :HaHa:

Oddbird had the best post by the way. And I know. Cause I'm bullshit. Too bad.

• Like 2

Legion, I love this thread... Brilliant idea!! This is the type of things ex-chrstians need to read!! It helps so much!

Yeah, I've been considering that myself. Pinned.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Too bad your attitude is bullshit. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Mine involves a Bible story about a fat guy getting stabbed in the belly and his poop gushing out. No one can touch a verse that awesome, because that is the most awesome story in the Bible.

Mine... .... is the most awesome...

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18

Too bad Christianity is bullshit? unsure.png

mellow.png

:HaHa:

Yeah, I've been considering that myself. Pinned.

Yay Antlerman - Yay Legion!!!!yellow.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gifclap.gifPageofCupsBounce99.gif This is such fun bullshit!!!

Too bad your attitude is bullshit. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I have the best ones!! This is bullshit!! You know I got the best ones!!!! woohoo.gif

"The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth." - Ecclesiastes 7:4

It's an unfortunate thing that Christianity is bullshit.

• Like 1

"The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth." - Ecclesiastes 7:4

Legion, please explain in your words.

Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9-21

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

I like this verse because it was read before blowing the killer rabbit to pieces.

Too bad Christianity is bullshit.

• Like 1

Legion, please explain in your words.

My bad. I left out the meat of it. Step 2...

I think Ecclesiastes 7:4 is saying that sorrow accompanies contemplation and vice versa and that folly accompanies lazy thought and vice versa. I think this has some measure of accuracy.

Too bad Christianity is in the house of bullshit.

• Like 2

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the

tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through

the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike

down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!

Pulp Fiction is not bullshit.Too bad Quentin Tarantino's re-writing of the verse is.

• Like 1

Isaiah 16:11

Wherefore my bowels shall sound like an harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirharesh.

God made a fart joke.

• Like 5

Mine involves a Bible story about a fat guy getting stabbed in the belly and his poop gushing out. No one can touch a verse that awesome, because that is the most awesome story in the Bible.

wrongo. that would be the story about the guy (forgotten who it was ) who got impaled and pinned to the ground through the head with a tent pole.

I am definitely going to be desiging and printing a t shirt with the slogan "too bad Christianity is bullshit" on it, when i get time to do it. I think if i offer it for sale here i will make a lot of money. don't worry Legion, i will share the profits.

• Like 1

Jael getting a tent spike through the dome while napping was pretty epic.

Mat 6:34 So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.

This was my life verse (LOL). I found the verse when I was in a recruit separation platoon after failing boot camp due to medical reasons. It was in a military Bible that helped to direct you to verses that addressed certain topics. In this case, I was extremely upset and worrying about what I was going to do with my life since I had just basically destroyed my chances of serving the US Marines. In my own view, it basically tells you to take on your problems one day at a time and not to become overcome with the anxiety of what might happen the next day.

• Like 2

Zepheniah 3:17

The Lord your God in your midst,

The Mighty One, will save;

He will rejoice over you with gladness,

He will quiet you with His love,

He will rejoice over you with singing.”

This verse supposedly contains the character of God...which I would love to believe but based on the Bible well...

Too bad Christianity is bullshit

• Like 1

Ecclesiastes 3:19-22 I said in my heart, “As for the sons of men, God tests them, so that they may see that they themselves are like animals. For that which happens to the sons of men happens to animals. Even one thing happens to them. As the one dies, so the other dies. Yes, they have all one breath; and man has no advantage over the animals: for all is vanity. All go to one place. All are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knows the spirit of man, whether it goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, whether it goes downward to the earth?”

Therefore I saw that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his works; for that is his portion: for who can bring him to see what will be after him?

We're just apes making the best of what we have. If there is a spirit, I don't doubt that animals have it too, as much as I was told otherwise as a christian. And yet, this was in the bible the whole time.

• Like 9

LUNA! :58:

Wow, that's a great verse. It has escaped me until now!

unless i'm mistaken though (it's happened before), this was Solomon speaking as devil's advocate

James 1:2-3 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance......

This verse didn't work for me ......I tried to jump off the goddamn bridge several times..................GONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

Too bad christianity is BULLSHIT!!