Goodbye Jesus

Too Bad Christianity Is Bullshit

Legion

'Do not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.' Genesis, don't remember the verse and don't want to look at a bible.

This verse tells us to not think, just obey religion.

Christianity is bullshit.

Why does it feel so good to say that?

Had to post on this old thread, just because it is so funny! Christianity is bullshit!

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite bullshit story is how there are people even today trying to prove the existence of Noah's ark. Now if you choose to ignore the scientific impossibilities this story represents with regards to how the ship design would ever float in the first place let alone survive a massive flood, or how you could actually gather all the known species (from seven separate continents) under one roof and the impracticality of propagating a species with only 1 set of parents per species; if your truly able to accept these leaps of logic, then how the hell to you miss that the story of Noah is about intentional global genocide? Is that really the kind of proof you'd want to expose to the world that your God exists?

Isaiah 35 (ESV)

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad;

the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus;

it shall blossom abundantly

and rejoice with joy and singing.

The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,

the majesty of Carmel and Sharon.

They shall see the glory of the Lord,

the majesty of our God.

Strengthen the weak hands,

and make firm the feeble knees.

Say to those who have an anxious heart,

“Be strong; fear not!

Behold, your God

will come with vengeance,

with the recompense of God.

He will come and save you.”

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,

and the ears of the deaf unstopped;

then shall the lame man leap like a deer,

and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.

For waters break forth in the wilderness,

and streams in the desert;

the burning sand shall become a pool,

and the thirsty ground springs of water;

in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down,

the grass shall become reeds and rushes.

And a highway shall be there,

and it shall be called the Way of Holiness;

the unclean shall not pass over it.

It shall belong to those who walk on the way;

even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.
[
]

No lion shall be there,

nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it;

they shall not be found there,

but the redeemed shall walk there.

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return

and come to Zion with singing;

everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;

they shall obtain gladness and joy,

and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

This was my chapter when I was a Christian. It gave me so much hope and comfort. Reading it now, I still feel emotional. It saddens me to think I ever believed in this.

Too bad Christianity is bullshit.

Jesus Christ fulfilled some of those Messianic prophesies but not all. I guess that is why there is the Second Coming.

I am glad that Christianity is the Truth. :)

It's not just Christianity that's bullshit, but ALL religions are bullshit. You can pray and worship to whatever "god" you want and you'll always get the same result: Nothing.

Not so.

Pray to the God of Random Chance. I think you'll be ironically surprised at how it always comes through.

mwc

Yep, the Tao Te Ching way. I know an earnest follower of Tao.

"Love"

Mentioned somewhere up to 700 times in the bible.

In my journey... although I don't know anything... the word LOVE is illuminated as the most deep, profound and meaningful "thing" I have an awareness of.

If Christianity was about Love... I would still be a Christian.

Too Bad Christianity is Bullshit.

(I've only recently let go of the deeper parts that I held onto Christianity... so sorry I can't come up with something better than that... as there's many "scriptures" which resonated with me before... and I could talk so much about..... I will, when I'm ready... right now... I just see how Christiantiy fails Love from it's foundations up.... pyth.gif... any scripture I think of just immediately connects with...... the massive pile of bullshit that it is......... and I love this thread... I will write something better when I'm ready...)

" Love your enemies. Do good to those who spitefully use you. Pray for those who persecute you. "

These are really mind blowing teachings.

" Love your enemies. Do good to those who spitefully use you. Pray for those who persecute you. "

Jesus shared ancient wisdom. Too bad Christianity is bullshit.

From http://etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012/04/jesus-was-not-first-to-teach-love-your.html:

The teaching predates Jesus.

Do not return evil to your adversary; Requite with kindness the one who does evil to you, Maintain justice for your enemy, Be friendly to your enemy.

- Akkadian Councils of Wisdom (from the ancient Babylonian civilization that existed two millennia before Jesus was born)

Shame on him who strikes, greater shame on him who strikes back. Let us live happily, not hating those who hate us. Let us therefore overcome anger by kindness, evil by good, falsehood by truth. Do not hurt others in ways that would be hurtful to yourself.

- Buddhist wisdom (written centuries before Jesus was born)

MORE BUDDHIST WISDOM

In this world

Hate never yet dispelled hate.

Only love dispels hate.

This is the law,

Ancient and inexhaustible.

- The Dhammapada

Return love for hatred. Otherwise, when a great hatred is reconciled, some of it will surely remain. How can this end in goodness? Therefore the sage holds to the left hand of an agreement but does not expect what the other holder ought to do. Regard your neighbor's gain as your own and your neighbor's loss as your own loss. Whoever is self-centered cannot have the love of others.

- Taoist wisdom (written centuries before Jesus was born)

• Like 2

"Love"

Mentioned somewhere up to 700 times in the bible.

In my journey... although I don't know anything... the word LOVE is illuminated as the most deep, profound and meaningful "thing" I have an awareness of.

If Christianity was about Love... I would still be a Christian.

Too Bad Christianity is Bullshit.

(I've only recently let go of the deeper parts that I held onto Christianity... so sorry I can't come up with something better than that... as there's many "scriptures" which resonated with me before... and I could talk so much about..... I will, when I'm ready... right now... I just see how Christiantiy fails Love from it's foundations up.... pyth.gif... any scripture I think of just immediately connects with...... the massive pile of bullshit that it is......... and I love this thread... I will write something better when I'm ready...)

MIND.

FUCKING BLOWN.

THANKS JAY

• Like 1

Isaiah 35 (ESV)

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad;

the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus;

it shall blossom abundantly

and rejoice with joy and singing.

The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,

the majesty of Carmel and Sharon.

They shall see the glory of the Lord,

the majesty of our God.

Strengthen the weak hands,

and make firm the feeble knees.

Say to those who have an anxious heart,

“Be strong; fear not!

Behold, your God

will come with vengeance,

with the recompense of God.

He will come and save you.”

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,

and the ears of the deaf unstopped;

then shall the lame man leap like a deer,

and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.

For waters break forth in the wilderness,

and streams in the desert;

the burning sand shall become a pool,

and the thirsty ground springs of water;

in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down,

the grass shall become reeds and rushes.

And a highway shall be there,

and it shall be called the Way of Holiness;

the unclean shall not pass over it.

It shall belong to those who walk on the way;

even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.
[
a
]

No lion shall be there,

nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it;

they shall not be found there,

but the redeemed shall walk there.

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return

and come to Zion with singing;

everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;

they shall obtain gladness and joy,

and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

This was my chapter when I was a Christian. It gave me so much hope and comfort. Reading it now, I still feel emotional. It saddens me to think I ever believed in this.

Jesus Christ fulfilled some of those Messianic prophesies but not all. I guess that is why there is the Second Coming.

I am glad that Christianity is the Truth.

Considering that Jesus never sat on the throne and never ushered in the messianic era, I find very little that he fulfilled.

Perhaps you can cite the passage from the Old Testament that says an expected king messiah would need two trips, separated by thousands of years, to accomplish what he didn't get done the first time.

The problem is that these are just lofty sounding rhetoric.

Jesus had no problem calling people "vipers" and children of the devil.

He also had plans to conduct a violent mass killing spree, eliminating those that he found "offensive".

Matt 13:41-42

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The love of Jesus is superficial and self serving.

• Like 1

Wow, tough crowd, tought crowd ( adjusting my necktie.. )

you're just know learning this????

Bit thick are we?

Someone who really had a Master in Science degree from U of Cal should know that humans are a type of ape. It's very basic. There are four kinds of great apes - human, gorilla, chimp and orangutang. We are a type of hominidae.

How do apes behave? Millions of them post to da interwebs.

Physically, yes. But humans are much more than 'physical'. Our souls can reflect the Creator God. Our spirits can be a dwelling place of the Creator God.

And yet, if you cause a simple chemical imbalance in the brain, the "soul" has a real tough time expressing itself normally, and acts just like a person with a chemical imbalance. It's almost as if we're run by chemical reactions, or something.

That would be jumping to conclusion.

Meet Sam Harris and what he has to say about this...

"(Jer 7:22) For I did not speak to your fathers, nor command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices."

This shoots down the Christian claim that Jesus is a 'perfect sacrifice' because god never gave such a law/commandment to Moses to use sacrifices and that is according to the OT prophet Jeremiah whom Christians don't like to talk about. This theme is found in several places throughout the OT and NT babbles that god does not desire sacrifice but desires mercy towards others instead and there are numerous proclamations of the babble that indicates commandments taught having been received by Moses are simply nothing more than tradition taught as commandments.

"(Jer 7:8) Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot do any good."