Goodbye Jesus

A Letter To The Young People On Ex-C

Margee

I have a job that pays just above minimum wage in may state. I'm working on my alternative teacher certification so I can get a teaching job out of state. Hopefully, I can move out in a few months...should that fall through I'll get a 2nd job if I have to in order to move out.

You go girl!!! good for you! Sounds like a great plan of action you have. Smart!!!!!

Thankies :) I've got a nice litting moving fund saved up from the wedding money mom and dad were gonna use for me.

• Like 1

Thank you Margee, and I am proud to call myself a young rebel!

I agree completely with what you said about being to be ready to defend your position. I was at a "once saved always saved" christain adult friend's house, just a few months ago, and they started the nonbeliever bashing at the dinner table. They didn't know I had recently deconverted so, after listening to them for an hour or so, I came out of the closet publicly for the fist time. They apologized for making some of the coments they did about athiests, but one of them then asked me why I didn't believe anymore. I was not ready for this and so we rambled on for two hours in a long drawn out debate about sin, hell, biblical history, and good without god. At one point I brought up the part in Genises where it says plants were created before the sun. That stumped her, and like most christains she wanted me to read about eight or so, five inch thick, books writen by christian theologists that are supposed to answer my questions(AKA: make me their zombie slaaaaave! lol).

Anyway to cut a long story short I couldn't convince them I was right (suprise suprise), but they have never questioned me again. And to all the other young Xains, those people respect me, and my beliefs more than ever now that we went to the mat over them. So don't ever back down because you don't think you're smart or mature enough to argue with an adult, the very fact that you didn't let them walk all over you will drive them to respect you. Just to drive the point home I am not going to use spellcheck on this post to show that I am not afraid of making mistakes and not knowing the aswers to everything... (Yes I know I am horrible at spelling.)

Yes, that's my home schooled socially awkward son!

• 1 year later...

The only reason that I brought this letter forth today is because I notice that we have gained many new young 'freethinkers' on the board who are struggling and I wanted them to read a little encouragement. I hope this old letter I wrote back in  February, 2012 helps someone today! 

Love to all the new young ones aboard the  Ex-c train!!!!!  beer.gif 

Thank you so much Margee!!! I just felt a bit worried and had an OCD thought about Hell and eternal damnation just an hour ago, went to this site again and found this on the front page. =) You don't know how lovely you are. :) Chii migwetch to you and all the others on here. Much love. <3

• Like 4

Guest Babylonian Dream

Gramma Margee for the win! You're always so encouraging. It's good to see. Especially knowing that not everyone who is older than us millenials think we're just a bunch of selfish, selfentitled brats....

• Like 3

Thank you so much Margee!!! I just felt a bit worried and had an OCD thought about Hell and eternal damnation just an hour ago, went to this site again and found this on the front page. =) You don't know how lovely you are. smile.png Chii migwetch to you and all the others on here. Much love. <3

My little darling, I brought this forth just for you! I want you to read it everyday for a month. I want you to study the ridiculous book of Genesis over and over. You do NOT have to worry about the rest of the bible after you figure out that this first book is simply ridiculous. The whole book falls apart right there!!

You do not have to believe in this tribal god anymore honey. All this material was written a very, very long time ago in barbarian days. Look at the old testament god himself? Human sacrifice was very popular back then, along with babies. The old testament god himself sacrificed a human for his sake? Dumb tribal god!!!. Wendybanghead.gif 

You get this girlfriend and you free yourself to make a happy life just for you.  You are human. You will make mistakes. Brush yourself off, don't let anyone fill you with shame, hold your head up high and carry on!!!! That's my word for you tonight missy!!!woohoo.gif

hug sweetie!! smile.png

• Like 1

Gramma Margee for the win! You're always so encouraging. It's good to see. Especially knowing that not everyone who is older than us millenials think we're just a bunch of selfish, selfentitled brats....

You is one of my favorites babs......you know that!!! kiss.gif .....and very intelligent. You have taught ME my darling young friend!!!

Guest Babylonian Dream

You is one of my favorites babs......you know that!!! kiss.gif .....and very intelligent. You have taught ME my darling young friend!!!

Thank you Margee! :)

• Like 1

Wider society is not much different from christianity as far as I can see. Conformity brings reward. Fuck them all. Be who you are, and fuck the herd. Sideways.

• Like 2

No young robots allowed!!! woohoo.gif

banner1_robot.png?1017iStock_000009973175XSmall.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you so much Margee!!! I just felt a bit worried and had an OCD thought about Hell and eternal damnation just an hour ago, went to this site again and found this on the front page. =) You don't know how lovely you are. smile.png Chii migwetch to you and all the others on here. Much love. <3

My little darling, I brought this forth just for you! I want you to read it everyday for a month. I want you to study the ridiculous book of Genesis over and over. You do NOT have to worry about the rest of the bible after you figure out that this first book is simply ridiculous. The whole book falls apart right there!!

You do not have to believe in this tribal god anymore honey. All this material was written a very, very long time ago in barbarian days. Look at the old testament god himself? Human sacrifice was very popular back then, along with babies. The old testament god himself sacrificed a human for his sake? Dumb tribal god!!!. Wendybanghead.gif 

You get this girlfriend and you free yourself to make a happy life just for you.  You are human. You will make mistakes. Brush yourself off, don't let anyone fill you with shame, hold your head up high and carry on!!!! That's my word for you tonight missy!!!woohoo.gif

hug sweetie!! smile.png

I can't thank you enough.... :) Thank you so much. If I could pay you back a lot with your favorite things, I would. A hug, smile and a thank you would do for now. :) Much love and hugs!!!! I'm glad I met you and the others! :)

• Like 1

hug sweetie!! smile.png

I can't thank you enough.... smile.png Thank you so much. If I could pay you back a lot with your favorite things, I would. A hug, smile and a thank you would do for now. smile.png Much love and hugs!!!! I'm glad I met you and the others! smile.png

I'm glad you are feeling better.

@Margee 

Kudos to you.  Very nice.  If this place ever creates an award for citizenship we would have to call it the Margee Award.

• Like 4

Guest Babylonian Dream

I can't thank you enough.... smile.png Thank you so much. If I could pay you back a lot with your favorite things, I would. A hug, smile and a thank you would do for now. smile.png Much love and hugs!!!! I'm glad I met you and the others! smile.png

I knew you'd like it here! :)

I'm glad you stayed and look forward to you sticking around, we're glad to have met you too!

• Like 1

hug sweetie!! smile.png

Azaria, you will never know how much you made my day. I thank You so much for being here. You post every question and concern that you have sweetie because someone is always here to help you. I would not be healed from deconversion from Christianity if it was not for the people on Ex-c. I was so indoctrinated with Pentecostalism, that I never thought I could actually think different than the rest of the world and become comfortable in my own skin, knowing that those people out there in the big world are believing one of the most terrible lies...the lie of a hateful god who didn't even know how to create his own world properly.

I am convinced that if you want to simplify all of the complicated bullshit that is in that so-called holy book, all you have to do is study Genesis. When I still get a bit scared, I study Genesis and then the rest of the book does not count anymore. Ex-c taught me that. Any 'god' who could screw up his creation the way he did in Genesis, doesn't deserve my fear. I made a thread about that one book alone so hopefully it would help someone feel more comfortable when the OCD issues come in to haunt your mind. Especially the hurtful, devastating, foolish doctrine of hell.  I'll go get the link for you hon.

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/58527-the-craziness-of-genesis-in-the-bible/

You have a good day.....  like florduh in his wonderful wisdom always told me and many others when we were suffering........

'Go have fun kid!!'' Go enjoy your day!

• Like 1

@Margee 

Kudos to you.  Very nice.  If this place ever creates an award for citizenship we would have to call it the Margee Award.

This...made me cry this morning you little brat!!  I just adore you MM!!

Thank YOU for all the help you have given me. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for your intelligence and encouragement.  kiss.gif

• Like 2

Margee:  You are so much more of an inspiration than Jesus or Xtianity ever could be. If any of you doubted that there could ever be a non=christian who is truly kind and worthy of love, Margee's posts surely have put those thoughts away for good.  bill

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

Margee:  You are so much more of an inspiration than Jesus or Xtianity ever could be. If any of you doubted that there could ever be a non=christian who is truly kind and worthy of love, Margee's posts surely have put those thoughts away for good.  bill

I'll second that!!!  

• Like 1

Amen to that. 

• Like 1

Oh. Oh, my. I needed this so badly.

My mother said that I should move out today. I am a prospectless freshman in a poor neighborhood who has recently done a lot for the family, and she's ready to throw me over for being in "warfare" with her and "watering things down".

My dad always said bluntly that he would choose religion over us; I expected better of her, is all.

Back to silence. I am really not doing well.

• Like 2

Oh. Oh, my. I needed this so badly.

My mother said that I should move out today. I am a prospectless freshman in a poor neighborhood who has recently done a lot for the family, and she's ready to throw me over for being in "warfare" with her and "watering things down".

My dad always said bluntly that he would choose religion over us; I expected better of her, is all.

Back to silence. I am really not doing well.

GoddessessOfWisdom, one of the things you have to realize hon is that you are now up against the 'fight' that I wrote about on the first page of this thread. You are now an 'outcast', even in your parents eyes. Their belief in the Christian god has blinded them into so much darkness that it is more important than their own daughter. This is the sadness of religion. You are not going to be able to change their minds so you have to change yours.

One of the biggest pieces of wisdom that I wish young people would learn quickly is this. When you have money, you never need to stay in any abusive relationship at all and that includes people who try to have power over you like parents, bosses, relationships with friends or lovers. Get going hon. I worked so hard at your age. I went to school and studied and had a part time job that I went to every night and weekend. I wanted to be out of my parents home and I was by the time I was 19.. 

You will always be a victim when you do not have your own money. Make sure you ALWAYS have a good savings account so you are not stuck. I was real good at this when I was younger, but then I forgot to keep a real good savings going for myself, so I got 'stuck' in my 30's and 40's because I forgot about remaining independent.

Be as nice to your parents as you can, show as much respect as you can and make your plan of action...NOW. Be silent in the house, do not argue...but get some kind of plan going. You are 19 now. It's time for you to fly on your own. You are clearly an intelligent 'freethinker.' I already told someone on this thread to go, get a job at MacDonald's if you have to. Get a room somewhere. I took in boarders for 3 years. It does not cost much to be a boarder. Go on welfare if you have to. Do not stay in any abusive situation. you can always 'love' your parents from a distance. Sometimes it just works better that way.

C'mon girlfriend....you can do this. Become a strong, independent girl. I am telling you everything that I wish I had of known when I was your age. Save every penny that you can and get a savings account going. People will try to tell you that money is not everything.....it might not be everything, but it will help you to always be able to make choices.

Keep us posted please honey. I am cheering you on!!! woohoo.gif

• Like 3

GoddessofW:  I second Margee.  Get a plan and get out.  Get a job or two jobs if you need to.   Move in with friends.  Do whatever you need to do to get out.  You will probably never work so hard in your life again, but I can guarantee you will never feel such freedom and independence and pride over what you can accomplish on your own.  When I look back at that time of my life, I'm not sure how I juggled my schedule with jobs and college and friends and dating, I do remember getting next to no sleep, but I do look back on it with pride, and I also remember never having so much fun in my life before or since!

• Like 3

GoddessofW: I second Margee and amateur.  Make your own prospects, no matter hard hard it is. And good luck. Keep coming here. bill

Thank you guys so much.

My family just went to counseling this afternoon, and it looks like we might pull through as a family, but still. It's time.

I will try to get over the fear of it all and just do what I need to do to get my shit together. Thanks for the encouragement; things are looking brighter just a day later. Go figure.

• Like 1

When I moved away from my folks it was scary.  The economy sucked back then (kind of like today) and I didn't make much and rents were insane for the incomes at that time.  What you face is not easy but once you make it you will be glad you got out.  Have you considered going into the Coast Guard or Navy?  They will work you hard but it's a good job and won't get you blown up like going into the Army might.  It might not pay much but you will have a place to sleep.  You can also consider moving to a different area.  There are places where the economy is picking up and cost of living is low.

• Like 1

Today my mother told me and my little brother this while we were arguing about evidence for evolution.

"You are too smart for your own good. Being a Christian requires faith not proof. Thats why there aren't many christian scientists. You have to just believe. "

I called her out and said she was essentially saying all christians are stupid. She just got up and went outside to do yardwork. It definately landed. Who knows maybe a seed of doubt was planted.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.