Goodbye Jesus

Afraid to leave Christianity

Guest sideshowj

I left Christianity, and nothing happened. Actually, my deconversion got strengthened just because nothing happened. I wanted something to happen, but it didn't. My life is better now instead. Weird I tell ya'. In my last prayer I asked "God" to give me something that could give me faith back, and nothing happened, and I'm still waiting.

Good luck.

106195[/snapback]

Here is the perfect article for you

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2005/11...n-christian.php

One thing to remember is that the life expectancy of christians, muslims, jews and atheists is the same. We all have the same amount of illness, the same chance of accidents, the same amount of mis-fortune and good fortune in our lives.

Doesn't matter which particular religion you believe in, it doesn't have any physical benefit to the real world. There should be no fear that your life will take a turn for the worse, because its not having an effect at the moment.

Remember regardless of which religion if any is correct the majority of the world is wrong. A billion christians, a billion hindu, a billion muslims and a billion atheists... no group is the majority, but atheism is probably the only group who can agree on their stance and exactly what their beliefs (or lack there of) are.

One thing to remember is that the life expectancy of christians, muslims, jews and atheists is the same. We all have the same amount of illness, the same chance of accidents, the same amount of mis-fortune and good fortune in our lives.

Doesn't matter which particular religion you believe in, it doesn't have any physical benefit to the real world. There should be no fear that your life will take a turn for the worse, because its not having an effect at the moment.

Remember regardless of which religion if any is correct the majority of the world is wrong. A billion christians, a billion hindu, a billion muslims and a billion atheists... no group is the majority, but atheism is probably the only group who can agree on their stance and exactly what their beliefs (or lack there of) are.

I'm not in disagreement with you, but I have to correct your numbers. There's 6 billion people in the world, and 2.1 billion Christians (including Roman Catholic etc), and 1.2 billion Muslims.

Statistics World Religions