Goodbye Jesus

What's Your Mbti?

Sunny49

I am an INTP. Incidentally, my wife is an ESFJ. Opposites attract, huh?

Also, if you want some fun with your MBTI profile check this out:  http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

I'm not too sure about their description of INFJ's, but they've got me figured out pretty well... though they forgot to mention that we INTJ's spend most of our time trolling the internet.

And I think they're spot on with an INTP friend of mine too.

Goodbye Jesus

I'm an ISFJ.  Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging 

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)

You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)-- wow, one percent, lol 

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

From this, http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html,  I'm The Martyr. It describes me pretty well, but I have worked very hard at becoming less passive aggressive and more assertive through therapy.  This does explain a lot of events in my life, though, and why I have always found recreation difficult, LOL! Also, I need to find an ENTJ or ESFP to date.  And I'd make a great doctor, teacher, or crack whore.  

INTJ.  The N is the only iffy one. I is moderate, Tand J are strong.

@ Englightened- as for discussing your deconversion with NF's- one main thing- tread gently!  Be gentle.  I am extremely sensitive to arguments, to conflict, to tension.  It scares me.  I have no coping resources for conflict as I prefer only peaceful interactions with others.  If things get out of hand I either lash out or run away (fight or flight).  So with intuitive-feeling types you need to be sensitive, if things start to escalate into an argument then it's time to drop the subject for now. 

As far as bringing up the subject of your deconversion I would just start with something like "You know, so-and-so, lately I've been having some doubts about Christianity/God."  Mention a few of the things you've been having trouble with.  Just a few.  Be open to hearing the NFer's side of things.  Ideally this should be a give-and-take conversation where both people feel free to share whatevers on their mind. 

One of the big things that resonates with me is violence.  I have no tolerance for unjust violence (such as animal sacrifices, the rape of Tamar, the sacrifice of Jepthat's daughter, the genocide of Caananites, drowning of helpless animals in the Noah flood, the inquisition, violence in the natural world....)  I just absolutely cannot tolerate these sorts of things.  That's why I gravitate towards and accept the beautiful things in Christianity such as the "good shepherd" and the idea of self-sacrifice, "song of Solomon", and I gravitate away from the violent things. 

What speaks to me is music, poetry, art, theater.  When I got out of my strict Christian bubble I let myself start exploring and appreciating arts of all kinds whether Christian or otherwise.  With NF we listen to our heart.  I tune out if someone is getting into a debate or heated argument or all the factual, logical things.  If it's heartfelt, if it's sincere, if someone wants to share their heart with me, I'll tune in. 

I gravitate towards and accept the beautiful things in Christianity such as the "good shepherd" and the idea of self-sacrifice, "song of Solomon", and I gravitate away from the violent things. 

Funny, the other day it was pointed out to me that even good shepherds are doing it so the flock they tend can be ultimately slaughtered and eaten!

I hypothesise that these NF types are likely to understand, even sympathise with, your personal reasons for deconverting but are unlikely to see that as relevant to themselves; 'you do what's right for you' etc. etc. Being patient and letting them see that there's other ways to think about life is all you can really do, you can't change someone's gut instinct on what religion they should be following for them.

That amusing personality description is uncannily accurate, I do think Friends is a really really stupid show :o My boything is also an INFP, I think our irrational thought patterns attracted us to each other.

I once tested as an INFP years ago.  Testing this again, today, I came out with an INTJ score.  Only a slight leaning toward Thinking over Feeling, this might very well be variable on any given day.  A moderate preference toward Judging over Perceiving.  Since some of events surround my deconversion, I have become colder, more calculating, less caring about people and the world.  I didn't expect to get a rating showing me leaning more toward Judging.

I think I remember reading once that major life changes, or traumatic events can alter what kind of readings a person will get from this personality test.  I think I also read or heard that mental disorders can skew or confusing the results.

If it's heartfelt, if it's sincere, if someone wants to share their heart with me, I'll tune in. 

Thanks Rach, I think that's the key.

ISTJ here

ISFJ. What does N stand for?

ISFJ. What does N stand for?

YAY! ISFJ!  I think the "N" stands for intuitive- weird, I know. 

I can fill out the forms for whatever I want so I don't know what I am. It depends on the situation. I interact with the outside world with that N--extraverted intuition--that some of you find so funny. I'm also strong on facts and details, have a very analytical mind, and pick up the teeniest nuance of moods in people's feelings. Normal people have only two of those things. I guess that makes me W-E-I-R-D. It's not like my family hasn't spent only about five decades trying to tell me that.eek.gif

• Like 1

@ Englightened- as for discussing your deconversion with NF's- one main thing- tread gently!  Be gentle.  I am extremely sensitive to arguments, to conflict, to tension.  It scares me.  I have no coping resources for conflict as I prefer only peaceful interactions with others.  If things get out of hand I either lash out or run away (fight or flight).  So with intuitive-feeling types you need to be sensitive, if things start to escalate into an argument then it's time to drop the subject for now. 

As far as bringing up the subject of your deconversion I would just start with something like "You know, so-and-so, lately I've been having some doubts about Christianity/God."  Mention a few of the things you've been having trouble with.  Just a few.  Be open to hearing the NFer's side of things.  Ideally this should be a give-and-take conversation where both people feel free to share whatevers on their mind. 

One of the big things that resonates with me is violence.  I have no tolerance for unjust violence (such as animal sacrifices, the rape of Tamar, the sacrifice of Jepthat's daughter, the genocide of Caananites, drowning of helpless animals in the Noah flood, the inquisition, violence in the natural world....)  I just absolutely cannot tolerate these sorts of things.  That's why I gravitate towards and accept the beautiful things in Christianity such as the "good shepherd" and the idea of self-sacrifice, "song of Solomon", and I gravitate away from the violent things. 

What speaks to me is music, poetry, art, theater.  When I got out of my strict Christian bubble I let myself start exploring and appreciating arts of all kinds whether Christian or otherwise.  With NF we listen to our heart.  I tune out if someone is getting into a debate or heated argument or all the factual, logical things.  If it's heartfelt, if it's sincere, if someone wants to share their heart with me, I'll tune in. 

That is quite normal for an NF that hating conflict thing. I am an INFJ but I am so different with that. It is because my hatred of injustice is stronger in me than anything.

• Like 1

That is quite normal for an NF that hating conflict thing. I am an INFJ but I am so different with that. It is because my hatred of injustice is stronger in me than anything.

Ok I am just like that.  I should have clarified.  I absolutely HATE conflict unless it comes to serious matters of injustice.  For instance with animal rights I am a real go getter, I will certainly endure any amount of conflict to see the cause advance.  So in ordinary matters, I hate conflict.  In serious matters like animal cruelty, the claws come out. 

Most likely it's because it's very late and I'm almost asleep but I just did a test that I thought was the best I've ever seen. For the first time ever I feel like I did it honestly and I come out INFP though I don't trust the figures.  Anyway, here's the link to HumanMetrics where I took the test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Here's my score:

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(22)%
  • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

In some tests, I come out just barely introvert and in this one it's my strongest characteristic. I thought N was my strongest because I am always and forever asking WHY? I was driving my mother crazy from the minute I could talk till she died more than fifty years later. As for me being borderline J--that's just crazy. I couldn't plan and organize if my life depended on it, except in my files and intellectual stuff.

I wasn't sure what some of the questions meant. Maybe I answered them wrong. All the same, INFP could well be my type.

In some tests, I come out just barely introvert and in this one it's my strongest characteristic.

I'm an extroverted INTJ. This test measures introversion/extroversion by expressiveness rather than by where you get your energy from. That is, if you're socially outgoing, you'll be labeled an extrovert and if you're socially contained, you'll be labeled an introvert. This makes sense because it's a business oriented test, and when a business wants to place you, they care mostly about how you interact with other people.

I'm "technically" an extrovert because I get energy from being around and interacting with other people. But I'm not particularly outgoing or expressive - I'd rather be with people I know than meet a bunch of strangers, and I don't easily relate to or make friends with just anyone. However, because people often try to measure extroversion by expressiveness, I thought that I was introverted for years, and couldn't understand why I was struggling so badly without enough social interaction or why I wasn't happy in jobs that seemed perfect for an introvert.

R.S. Martin - I think that test is pretty accurate. Its about the same result no matter what test I take:

ISTJ

Introvert(89%)  Sensing(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(44%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

• You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)

• You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)

• You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

In some tests, I come out just barely introvert and in this one it's my strongest characteristic.

I'm an extroverted INTJ. This test measures introversion/extroversion by expressiveness rather than by where you get your energy from. That is, if you're socially outgoing, you'll be labeled an extrovert and if you're socially contained, you'll be labeled an introvert. This makes sense because it's a business oriented test, and when a business wants to place you, they care mostly about how you interact with other people.

I'm "technically" an extrovert because I get energy from being around and interacting with other people. But I'm not particularly outgoing or expressive - I'd rather be with people I know than meet a bunch of strangers, and I don't easily relate to or make friends with just anyone. However, because people often try to measure extroversion by expressiveness, I thought that I was introverted for years, and couldn't understand why I was struggling so badly without enough social interaction or why I wasn't happy in jobs that seemed perfect for an introvert.

This explanation is helpful. I did the test again just now, after reading your post, and became aware of some other things. I live alone and humans are social creatures so of course we are energized by occasionally seeing others. However, life experience has taught me that humans in close contact can be emotionally dangerous and cruel so that being seen is not always desirable. I might not like being in the centre of a room, talking to everyone at a party, etc. At the same time, I come from a place where everyone knows everyone and depends on neighbours for life necessities so yes, I do feel better with a large circle of acquaintances. Couldn't that also be the influence of F?

The tests do not allow for these kinds of psychological and cultural differences.

I'm not really sure what my type is. Most times I test INFP, but I usually have a pretty even split between F and T, and there have even been times that I have gotten INTP. And depending on my mood or the context or whatever, I can tend towards either one, since I have a nearly even split between F and T. It can be hard for me to tell definitively which one I am, as there are INFP traits that I have and INTP traits that I have. There's no doubt about being an INXP, and I might as well just say that that's my MBTI and be done with it. Having hard boundaries for things where there is obviously going to be going to be some leeway between categories doesn't make a lot of sense to me anyways.

After being genotyped and seeing I have lots of dopamine per the COMT gene, I think my I, for introverted is a result of the COMT which in turn makes me feel the "nomonos" more .  Lots of dopmaine of course is related to schizophrenia which I do not have, but excessive religion IS THE SAME, so I guess I do. And so does everyone who believes in things that cannot be true. 

ISTJ here....and I think it's pretty accurate. 

Years ago, the job where I worked paid for someone to come in and give us the "real deal" Myers-Briggs test as a team-building event.  Then that person explained the different characteristics of each so that we could all understand each other better. When she got to "ISTJ" , she said to remember it by thinking "I Seldom Tell Jokes"!! 

Since I've never really felt comfortable telling jokes, I thought that was very interesting - but a little insulting!

INFJ

Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(33%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%) ohmy.gif
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

It probably explains why I make so few posts, and get nervous everytime I do so. I also scored very high on Avoidant Personality Disorder on another test, although in all honesty I think I've become far more introverted since I deconverted. I don't think my introversion score was this high 10 years ago.

ESTJ here!