Goodbye Jesus

I Can't Move On.

Guest ChristineE

Wonder if they have therapy for just plain bitchiness and self centredness. Perhaps there should be a sign on the front of the forums that says "Don't Come Here For Help Because You Will Only Be Accused of Whining"

Personally I fall on the side of helping on the They Is Troll vs. They Need Help spectrum. My errors do less harm that way.

Why is it everytime someone says go see a therapist I hear "I will pray for you". Doesn't it all mean the same thing, I don't want to hear about your damn problems so STFU.

Nice.

No. Going to a professional to heal is the exact opposite of "I will pray for you". "I will pray for you" is like getting an amateur and abusive mentor. Seeing a therapist is like going to the emergency room when you have been injured.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
Why is it everytime someone says go see a therapist I hear "I will pray for you". Doesn't it all mean the same thing, I don't want to hear about your damn problems so STFU.

The critical need for professional therapy in this example is obvious to (almost) everyone. There are no qualified therapists here, therefore we strongly recommend real therapy to the one who, by admission, is suffering from a long term mental/psychological issue. If she had smashed her car fender I would recommend she go to a body shop, as there are no mechanics who can fix it over the Internet. If she prefers to just live with the dents, not much I can do. Nobody can force anyone to do what needs to be done. So, either DO SOMETHING or stop complaining that nothing is being done. As much as we could obviously use one, this forum has no psychiatrists who can effectively practice via the keyboard.

• Like 3

This all reminds me of an old metaphor I was told years ago:

So, you're sitting in a big bucket of shit. Sure, it's smelly, but it's comfortable and warm, right? You think to yourself, 'yeah, this ain't so bad, nice, warm, squishy...', but, at the end of the day, no matter how warm or comfortable it is, sitting in that big bucket of shit, you're still sitting in a fucking big bucket of smelly shit!!

So what are you going to do, continue sitting around in that big bucket of shit, comfortable, but complaining about the smell, or are you gunna get out of it, and have a shower?

LOL, that's a good one.

But remember the shit eventually gets cold and hard. The comfort of it is not forever.

Well! You've both managed to fix my talking refrigerator. Earlier it was betting me I couldn't eat an entire jar of pickles in one sitting, but it's shut up pretty nicely now.

(Bonus points if you know where that came from.)

LOL, that's a good one.

But remember the shit eventually gets cold and hard. The comfort of it is not forever.

Good point.

I also forgot to add, that if you're stuck in the shit, then who would be giving you a hand out of it? A therapist.

Well! You've both managed to fix my talking refrigerator. Earlier it was betting me I couldn't eat an entire jar of pickles in one sitting, but it's shut up pretty nicely now.

(Bonus points if you know where that came from.)

...nup. It's getting lost in another one you managed to remind me of (it was the word "refrigerator" that did it- I was lost after that):

"Do you always talk to your computer?"

"Only when the refrigerator's not answering."

Where did that one come from? :P

That came out on my 12th birthday! Now, for double points, where did mine come from? :P

<raises hand and blurts out>

Was it Daria?

Was it Daria?

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a WINNER!!!!

Zephie got it.

http://www.outpost-d...m/ts_ep408.html

That's the script. Are these animated?

Yup.

Type Daria into a search of Youtube and see what you find.

The show ended years ago, but you can get the box set of DVD's on ebay still.

COOL. I was reading that script and it sounds hysterical.

Was it Daria?

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a WINNER!!!!

Yesh!!! Happy dance!!!

OOOOHHHH!!! A Daria virgin!! OMG, gotta pop your Daria cherry!!! okay, I'll post a compilation video I like from youtue so you can get a taste of Daria. So excited!!!!

OOOOHHHH!!! A Daria virgin!! OMG, gotta pop your Daria cherry!!! okay, I'll post a compilation video I like from youtue so you can get a taste of Daria. So excited!!!!

A taste of Daria for London!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4YaLJKFw4

"And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."-Daria

Well I'm going to be busy consuming episodes of this. Thanks for that.

"And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza."-Daria

Well I'm going to be busy consuming episodes of this. Thanks for that.

No worries :) Go and order the DVD box set, you won't regret it. Youtube doesn't have full episodes on it.

Plus the two movies are in the boxset, too. Dammit, now I want some Daria and pizza!!!

Oh my goodness. I didn't realize Daria existed till I was 35 or so, but I'd never really looked at it till now. I'm hooked!

... I always seem to run into these awesome shows years after they're done. At least I discovered "Better Off Ted" in the same decade in which it aired.

• Like 1

I am seriously craving pizza. But I might have to substitute some other cheesy italian goodness until I can get some.

Sometimes it's nice to find shows after the fact because you can do a marathon on DVD. No commercials and you can really immerse yourself into the show.

True dat.

(Should we be heading to an OT thread?)

Back on topic.

We have has several new people in the last couple of days. two of them just deconverted and feel like their world is falling apart. They got a lot of responses and they loved the support. The one new person who said she likes to troll, she can't stop her destructive behavior, she is worried too much about what others think, she elected an abusive guy to be her mentor she gets told that we don't have the training to fix this.

I think ex-C is a supportive community that is honest about its own limitations. I'm sorry we don't have magic powers. I'm sorry that some issues cannot be cured over the internet.

• Like 4

Guest ChristineE

I'm back. What's Daria? I tend to think there's literally nothing in life that can't be soothed with a bubble bath. Bubble Baths > Pizza. And I just had one. Also, it's 5 minutes away from being Saturday here, so almost 3 days macolyis-free. A sincere than you and a hug to Galien, and a stiff but perfectly cordial nod in the general direction of everybody else. I think I'm gonna like it here regardless...

Oh, and are you people still confusing Mr. Spann with Macolyis?

Here.

Macolyis- Crazy Christian who adores Medieval ballads, and is a good singer, a mediocre psaltery player, and a terrible life coach. Not my mentor. Hasn't been officially my mentor for months.

Mr. Spann- Met him a couple weeks ago. Atheist. Has compassion in spades. Somehow figured out what I'm all about within a few days of knowing me and yet doesn't look down on me. Loves fine cooking and cosplay.

There. All clear now?

I'm going to say this through clenched teeth so I don't do my usual soapbox speech regarding what people THINK is going on inside others, as opposed to what is actualy going on inside them.

One of the things I like so much about where I live is that phrases and words like "validation" and "co-dependent" are rarely heard when someone is having a hard time. When we tell people how we feel here we are not "casting about" for anything, just sharing how we feel inside.

Professional help is a good thing, but it doesn't cure everything. Just sayin'

This dickwad she talked to in Second Life is a total whackjob and he is very, very good at mindfucking people. He runs around second life for just that purpose. He is great at identifying people with a lot of fear and milking it for all it's worth. Might be okay for those of us who have been around the block a few times but I can see how it affects younger vulnerable people.

I'm just gonna say it: Spare me the dramatics. Clenched teeth indeed.

You don't know what you're talking about. Unless this is a put-on, she came here for help. Florduh said it best. Nobody here is qualified to help her in the way she needs. When someone asks for help, people who are willing to help help however they can. In this case it's telling her to get help now.

Helping her is not just giving her what she wants. Helping her is not just telling her what she wants to hear.

I'm an Anon, from my teens and well into my adult years. I've detoxed family members twice, sat through the DT's with them, and stood by them through recovery. I've been to more AA meetings than some alcoholics with years of sobriety, as well as Alateen and Anon meetings. Addiction is not only chemical, and I know it when I see it. And I'm not the only one who sees it.

So you can stop pretending you have some sort of special knowledge of her situation. Your protecting her from what she needs is classic codependent behavior.

She has been abused by that "dickwad" yet is still going back to him with this conversation. That is some sick shit. It's the behavior of an abuse victim who is out of control of the situation, who is under the control of their abuser. Why did she go back to him with this conversation? Maybe she thinks she was going to get control of it - who knows? I have my idea. But she doesn't need coddling and armchair therapy. She needs help.

Get out of the way. You may think you're helping her, but you're not.

She's pissed and hurt because we didn't coddle her and validate her sick pattern. We saw it for what it is and urged her to get real, lasting help. She doesn't want that. She wants it on her terms. Sometimes it doesn't work that way.

• Like 2