Goodbye Jesus

I Can't Move On.

Guest ChristineE

Does anyone here know much about codependency?

I don't know that much about it. But if we can show Christine how it is unhealthy for her then perhaps she will have recieved some useful information.

Despite me being American (which apparently disqualifies my opinion to some) I do have some experience with people in a codependent relationship. ChristineE, I encourage you to seek counseling. We are but members of an Internet forum and can only help you so much. Whether you are a troll, or attention seeking, I don't know. Nor do I really care. But I will reiterate, you seem stuck in a relationship with an abusive person. It's a serious matter and not one that will be dealt with, effectively or 100%, on an online forum.

• Like 1

Guest ChristineE

You are getting it all backwards. Before you came here nobody here said anything to you. You came here with a clean slate. You send messages that push people away. And then once you had pushed people away it is some how their fault that when they offered you friendship things didn't work out.

Well I didn't mean to push people away! I said things and they thought I was a troll even though I'm not. They thought something that wasn't true so it is their fault, yes

Also, I still haven't talked to Mac at all since Tuesday

Why do we need to disqualify ourselves from trying to help her? No we're not mental health professionals, but perhaps we can do something?

Oh and this relationship between Galien and Christine doesn't seem like a healthy relationship to me. But wtf do I know?

• Like 3

Why do we need to disqualify ourselves from trying to help her?

Because she hates that and it accomplishes nothing. YMMV

I'm not "friends" with everyone, because everyone doesn't want to be friends with me. Namely those who still think ill of me.But if they change their minds I'm very open to friendship. Honestly, I'm easy going so long as you don't call me a liar or a troll or an attention-seeker

If you think we think ill of you, you aren't paying attention.

• Like 1

Despite me being American (which apparently disqualifies my opinion to some) I do have some experience with people in a codependent relationship. ChristineE, I encourage you to seek counseling. We are but members of an Internet forum and can only help you so much. Whether you are a troll, or attention seeking, I don't know. Nor do I really care. But I will reiterate, you seem stuck in a relationship with an abusive person. It's a serious matter and not one that will be dealt with, effectively or 100%, on an online forum.

Oops, you used the "C" word - watch out...

Why do we need to disqualify ourselves from trying to help her? No we're not mental health professionals, but perhaps we can do something?

Oh and this relationship between Galien and Christine doesn't seem like a healthy relationship to me. But wtf do I know?

I did try to help her. By recommending she go to counseling. That is trying to help someone.

Shit, think about it. We don't know her age, health, mental state, location, health history, family health history, mental history, family mental health history, or even anything basic. How can we even begin to help someone, if all we know about them is a few posts on a forum? How can I know anyone from a few paragraphs? Enough to help them? I think not.

• Like 3

Groupthink much? Is there any kind of behaviour or comment a person can make that does not tap into your borg like assessment of EVERYTHING?. All I can say is thank fuck I don't live there.

Is there anything you people don't have an answer for, any time you can throw you hands in the air and say we don't know what to do, or are you always so bloody sure you have a handle on everything? Can you answer a question or look at a situation without spewing forth a stream of platitudes, buzzwords and utter certainty that you are 100% right?

14 trillion dollars in debt and 50 million people on food stamps, and I am delusional? Methinks at somepoint someone forgot how to hold a mirror up to themselves before they opened their mouth.

The OP considers me a friend, and that is because I do not judge her or try and fix her. She is a person who deserves to be listened to despite her issues. I know over there you easily toss people in the trash who do not conform the way you think they should. We aren't quite there yet, we still think other human beings should be treated with respect and dignity, no matter their mental health status their sexual orientation or their social status.

I'm sorry, you're off your head. We're all treating her with respect. Respect means being honest. You're ignoring the problem and becoming part of it. It isn't groupthink - it's a little bit of common sense.

Apparently you think you're in a corner, because you're changing the subject and indulging in ad hominem attacks. Your blathering about your country and mine is blazingly irrelevant to the conversation.

And thank fuck you don't live here either. You flatter yourself.

• Like 2

I did try to help her. By recommending she go to counseling. That is trying to help someone.

This. All day every day.

Honestly, I'm easy going so long as you don't call me a liar or a troll or an attention-seeker

You said you were leaving Ex-C, but came back. You admitted to trolling people in the past, which also means you admitted to lying to people. You also admitted you keep going back to that dude whatever the fuck his name is. Therefore, by your own admission, you're all of those things. I'm having a hard time believing you're married, if I was in his position I would've left your ass already, because you refuse to work on your problems. Instead you do the same things that don't work, thinking you'll get different results.

• Like 2

Groupthink much? Is there any kind of behaviour or comment a person can make that does not tap into your borg like assessment of EVERYTHING?. All I can say is thank fuck I don't live there.

Is there anything you people don't have an answer for, any time you can throw you hands in the air and say we don't know what to do, or are you always so bloody sure you have a handle on everything? Can you answer a question or look at a situation without spewing forth a stream of platitudes, buzzwords and utter certainty that you are 100% right?

14 trillion dollars in debt and 50 million people on food stamps, and I am delusional? Methinks at somepoint someone forgot how to hold a mirror up to themselves before they opened their mouth.

The OP considers me a friend, and that is because I do not judge her or try and fix her. She is a person who deserves to be listened to despite her issues. I know over there you easily toss people in the trash who do not conform the way you think they should. We aren't quite there yet, we still think other human beings should be treated with respect and dignity, no matter their mental health status their sexual orientation or their social status.

I'm sorry, you're off your head. We're all treating her with respect. Respect means being honest. You're ignoring the problem and becoming part of it. It isn't groupthink - it's a little bit of common sense.

Apparently you think you're in a corner, because you're changing the subject and indulging in ad hominem attacks. Your blathering about your country and mine is blazingly irrelevant to the conversation.

And thank fuck you don't live here either. You flatter yourself.

I'm just tired of certian people who think they know it all.I left the church to get away from that shit. I have been putting up with that shit here for a good 12 months or more. If you could bother reading instead of talking you will notice I suggested to Christine to get some help in the first place.

Pretty damn good at throwing around judgments on people aren't you fella. That is the bit that shits me. I don't like being told what to think or how to think it. My brand of honesty includes thinking OUTSIDE the box. something you wouldn't know how to do.

I spoke with Christine in chat last night. I think she was courageously honest with me. I don't know if she gained from the conversation, but I did.

I have found more mentally ill people in the church than in any other "institution". I think that they gravitate toward religion (some personalities do at least; in areas where being religious is considered "good"). Trying to talk to them really is MORE difficult because it is not only the "christian box" but also sometimes as I said, mental illness that makes them cling to it. I feel sorry for them and when I say that, a christian will most assuredly say, "you have a superiority complex"...whatever.

I have found more mentally ill people in the church than in any other "institution". I think that they gravitate toward religion (some personalities do at least; in areas where being religious is considered "good"). Trying to talk to them really is MORE difficult because it is not only the "christian box" but also sometimes as I said, mental illness that makes them cling to it. I feel sorry for them and when I say that, a christian will most assuredly say, "you have a superiority complex"...whatever.

Totally agree. When I helped lead a campus ministry group, I often felt like I was leading a daycare class with a bunch of mental midgets (excuse my language). Many people could not reason very efficiently, and believed exactly what they were handed down from their parents. I know, it is elitist, but that was how I felt.