Goodbye Jesus

A Beka Books, Ace And Homeschooling.

Skepticktok

So I'm not sure if this is allowed but a while back I posted a video to my youtube channel asking people who were homeschooled to share their experiences. I want to do the same thing here. Now I wasn't homeschooled myself...I was enrolled in Christian schools though...so I wanted to get some insight.

1. Do you feel you were deprived of valuable life experience?

2. Do you feel you were unfairly indoctrinated?

3. Do you feel enriched by the extra time you spent with your family?

4. What about socializing? Did you find that the sterotypes about unsocialized homeschoolers is true for you?

5. What about dating and romance? If you were allowed to do that (and I know some people aren't...darn Josh Harris books....how did homeschooling impact that?

6. Do you feel like it prepared you for the real world?

Thanks...and if I'm not allowed to post my videos here I'll understand and you can feel free to remove the link.

Goodbye Jesus

dunno bout homeschooling but i did go to an ACE school. the curriculum was actually good in some ways cos they emphasised things like spelling and grammar, which public schools don't. but on all other fronts they failed me in a big way and did not prepare me in any sense for the real world. not to mention the whole hellfire/rapture mental terrorism.

While I wasn't homeschooled, I'd like to answer the questions based on what my friend's have discovered since they were homeschooled:

1. Do you feel you were deprived of valuable life experience? Sometimes yes. Not knowing how to cope or relate to others outside of their group.

2. Do you feel you were unfairly indoctrinated? I haven't had anyone mention this as of yet

3. Do you feel enriched by the extra time you spent with your family? It seems that my friends who were homeschooled are quite close to their families but as far as enrichment...not sure

4. What about socializing? Did you find that the sterotypes about unsocialized homeschoolers is true for you? The stereotypes for my friends are not true at all...they are more social than I was/am

5. What about dating and romance? If you were allowed to do that (and I know some people aren't...darn Josh Harris books....how did homeschooling impact that? Both of my best friends who were homeschooled broke away from the crap after they moved out. One friend moved to NJ to live with and eventually marry a guy she met online and the other friend met and moved in with her boyfriend turned fiance then husband. Both were homeschooled. Neither dated until after they graduated.

6. Do you feel like it prepared you for the real world? It seems like they were just fine.

Now I actually attended two private schools, one from 4-5th grade and the other 6-7th, 1st half of 9th grade and we used Abeka. Personally, as far as sciences were concerned I was far behind my publicly educated peers. Otherwise I was ok. Also, Josh Harris can go fuck himself.

You see I was never homeschooled but I did go to a Christian school from 1st through 3rd grade and we used A Beka books. Then in High School we had stuff from Bob Jones. I'm kind of curious what my life would have been like if I had only been exposed to those books in my education.