Goodbye Jesus

What's Wrong With The West?

Legion

I like that novel too! (Confederacy of the Dunces)

Here Are The 8 Most Interesting Things From Gawker's Story About The KKK

"It's anger. The substance of our own culture is being discredited. If someone breaks into your home and robs you, you're gonna be angry."

From the movie Catch 22

" American GI ---What are you talking about? America is not going to be destroyed.

Italian -------Never? Rome was destroyed. Greece was destroyed. Persia was destroyed. Spain was destroyed.

All great countries are destroyed.

Why not yours?

How much longer do you think your country will last? "

Death comes to all things. Whenever a country is built, it sows the seeds of its own destruction. With America it was our desire to be better than Europe. We fought our way to the top like guy with short man's syndrome. Once there we did what all empires do. We stopped. No we don't look to the future. We don't plan ahead. We only look to the next election cycle or news story. Companies only plan a quarter or two ahead to keep shareholders happy.

Stagnation is the death of every nation. Our is rotting from within because some would have us spend unlimited money on military adventurism in a dick waving contest with only one competitor. Yet refuse to see the rotting roads, sewers, and electrical grid in their own back yard. When you stop the upkeep on the house, it falls.

Thank you Stryper that you look at what is there. Not a nation on the earth is exempt from the above.

For Galien to use gutter talk in the Coliseum is one thing. For the mods to allow it is another.

It's the sort of thing which makes me question the overall integrity of ex-C.

Says the man who accused me of having narcissistic personality disorder because I asked a simple question. And you wonder why I say the things I do. Where was your integrity then Legion?

I don't report people for the things they say to me because I am an adult that can defend myself. One wonders why there are some things people simply cannot handle. Call my intelligence or my nation into question and I simply don't give a shit. You are probably right anyway :) Might wanna contemplate that.

I don't report people for the things they say to me because I am an adult that can defend myself. One wonders why there are some things people simply cannot handle. Call my intelligence or my nation into question and I simply don't give a shit. You are probably right anyway smile.png Might wanna contemplate that.

What a load of crap. Good point though. Why indeed should anyone care about anything you have to say?

When you post provocative comments such as the above, you should expect to be challenged and/or reported. Yep, it will be handled, not just tossed aside and ignored like you most likely would prefer.

Perhaps this is a microcosm of the current problems in the West? I don't know.

I mean, we set up a place here at ex-C for elevated discussion, and then we fail to honor its stated function.

It seems related to me somehow.

Read the rules of the forum everyone. Galien if you wish for personality banter, then go to the Lion's Den. This isn't the forum for that. One more warning and you get some time out. Clear?

Galien, knock it off with your putting down Americans as mentally slow or inferior to you. This is the only direct warning you are going to get from me before I start handing you time-outs from ExC. This poor behavior of yours is unacceptable.

Read the rules of the forum everyone. Galien if you wish for personality banter, then go to the Lion's Den. This isn't the forum for that. One more warning and you get some time out. Clear?

Alright here's another indicator it seems to me.

We say, "One more time, and that's it."

Then it happens again. Then we say, "One more time, and that's it."

This all seems related to the topic at hand somehow.

Something about, the function of places, and honoring these functions.

It's related somehow. I can feel it.

Galien, knock it off with your putting down Americans as mentally slow or inferior to you. This is the only direct warning you are going to get from me before I start handing you time-outs from ExC. This poor behavior of yours is unacceptable.

Alright here's another indicator it seems to me.

We say, "One more time, and that's it."

Then it happens again. Then we say, "One more time, and that's it."

This all seems related to the topic at hand somehow.

It's two different things. Let me moderate. Apply for the job if you disagree.

P.S. It applies to you as well.

A-man I'm not intending this to be a personal indictment against you. This seems related to the topic.

If something is currently disfunctional about Western civilization, then this definitely seems indicative of it to me.

Valk, Galien, I'm no mod and I don't want to be one. But please respect the function of the Coliseum. Okay?

Guest Valk0010

Valk, Galien, I'm no mod and I don't want to be one. But please respect the function of the Coliseum. Okay?

Fine by me, I let enough out steam out in those posts, that I am okay following that rule. I get fed up with people shitting on things I hold dear.

Valk as silly as it seems I hold the Coliseum here at ex-C to be dear. I think it's important for all of us to have a place like it. And it will have no place of honor, if we do not agree that it does.

Yes, a place like Ex-C is even rarer in the Internet. Given a choice between this website or 4chan, I would pick the former. So yes, it is a wonderful sanctuary from all the sludge that are forums like 4chan and Something Awful. Let's keep it classy.

Guest Valk0010

Well sorry for blowing my top, but the if you turn down the volume what I was saying to galien was something I wanted to say for awhile.

Alright, cleaned up mess. Back on topic. Respect the rules. Galien and Valk take your fight elsewhere.

What I do think is the US will follow Britain.

We will lose our sphere of total dominance. Most of it is gone anyway. We will move to a world where the counties are less master slave and more cooperative partners. It will eventually be more equal.

I also feel that eventually saber rattling like we currently are doing with Iran and DID the exact same with Iraq will not be just ignored but called out. I could see a time when Europe says stop and America say F-U we're going to war....and then the US gets hit with trade sanctions.

I certainly hope there eventually will be a time when the high school of foreign relationship actually becomes a conversation with real problems being addressed.

• Like 1

Does anyone here believe that modern Western culture is the most free on Earth?

I also feel that eventually saber rattling like we currently are doing with Iran and DID the exact same with Iraq will not be just ignored but called out. I could see a time when Europe says stop and America say F-U we're going to war....and then the US gets hit with trade sanctions.

In a global economy with investment banks like Goldman as major bond holders of both Euro and US debt?

Sanctions on Iran are just fluff. When they don't work, they can then argue, see, we did everything we could, now we need to resort to force. We've been doing the same shit since Vietnam. Make the public think there is a major problem, make the public think we are exhausting all possible alternatives to solve the problem, get the public on board, bomb, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

I plussed one you on that Vigile just to show there's no hard feelin's. :3:

Does anyone here believe that modern Western culture is the most free on Earth?

perceptions of freedom is relative.

A hunter gatherer tribe is free too. They have less rules and don't feel the government trying to control them. And can pretty much do as they please it seem. But they are more closely controled by traditions and strongmen in a very literal sense.

We have more law that help to keep the strongmen in check. But we are slaves to money, and looking at some celebrity.

So HOW are you defining free.

I'm not interested in defining things. Let me rephrase the question to make it more open ended.

Of all the cultures currently on the Earth, to which one do we go if we desire the greatest freedom for ourselves?

the one in which the individual perceives there is the most freedom as the individual defines it.