Goodbye Jesus

Showing Interest

CDFree

Women usually outnumber men, I wonder what will happen if something happened and those Pirahã men were to out number women. I bet you the violence will start.

Nah! The men would pull up their little wooden chairs, pop some corn, get the beer, and enjoy some girl on girl action! beer.gifsmileybreasts.gif

Hey, you got into the Jack Daniels and did not read what I wrote properly. I said if the men out numbered women (MORE men than women, i.e. not enough women to go around) what will happen? I've actually been around a situation where I learned that a particular girl was giving up the "goods" to a group of dudes and ... .

I looked at the video. First off, I would say that that missionary was monumentally ignorant of scripture and ill prepared for mission work.

I noticed he believed in ditching the OT and that's a no no.

Christians routinely ditch the Old Testament whenever it's convenient for them to do so.

That may be true in SOME cases but you should not generalize. You won't like for Christians to say that all agnostics are robotic chickens that run around in lions' costumes, right? Though I have come to like that type for some reason wink.png

I looked at the video. First off, I would say that that missionary was monumentally ignorant of scripture and ill prepared for mission work. I noticed he believed in ditching the OT and that's a no no. He also was giving the people crap to drink so therefore he was IGNORANT of biblical health principles. Secondly, he never once spoke about a real relationship with God (probably because he did not fully understand the gospel). Thirdly, his missionary company sent him but did God send him? God has to ekbalē (sends out laborers) people.

Ah, the No True Scotsman once again. Do you have any other tools in the shed besides that one? He just didn't understand the message (like you do). He just wasn't truly called (like you are). He just didn't approach the natives right (like you would). He just didn't know enough (like you do). A True Missionary Christian would not have made those mistakes.

I've heard the guy's story and think he sounded just as earnest and well-meaning as any other missionary I've ever met. It's strange that you hold yourself as a judge of people's hearts and intentions, and judge how they handled what they thought was God's will for their lives. This man sacrificed years of his life learning a bizarre language, risked his health, and traveled to live in a culture so different from American/European society that it might as well be from the caveman days. What the fuck have YOU done for your mythical god? Oh, yeah, that's right. You sat on your privileged ass on a forum rabbiting on and on and on about weird interpretations of Revelations. Wow, I'm totally super impressed.

Sometime you simply must show us the badge God gave you that allows you to judge other people like you do. I'm sure it's terribly impressive-looking.

• Like 2

Hey, you got into the Jack Daniels and did not read what I wrote properly.

The dudes are buds, so instead of fighting over them, they'll let the women be the entertainment. You forgot to mention the only women left were lesbians!

Are you banking my questions Thumbelina - that would be because you can't answer them???

I've actually been around a situation where I learned that a particular girl was giving up the "goods" to a group of dudes and ... .

Do you have her number?

I looked at the video. First off, I would say that that missionary was monumentally ignorant of scripture and ill prepared for mission work.

Christians routinely ditch the Old Testament whenever it's convenient for them to do so.

That may be true in SOME cases but you should not generalize.

Generalizing in this case is quite appropriate.

Most Christians will cite Paul, the uber apostate, as justification for their picking and choosing which laws are important.

I've yet to hear any Christian radio station or encounter a preacher that doesn't praise and quote Paul's theological musings.

Thumbelina, just curious......are you a 'born again'?

Well I'm glad you're happy but would like your happiness to never end and I'd like you to find complete peace too.

What if I don't actually want "complete" peace? That would be like trying to do a sliding-number puzzle with 16 squares instead of 15 -- No empty spaces to slide the numbers around to get them in the right order.

Maybe your circumstances made you not see it.

I think it considerably more likely that your god is imaginary, Thumbelina, and that I didn't see anything because there wasn't anything there for Me to see.

So you only threaten people in virtual world?

My original comments were actually intended to illustrate what it feels like to be trolled by a believer who just won't go away. It feels like an invasion of personal space. If someone -- anyone -- came into My physical home uninvited, I wouldn't be issuing any warnings at all; I'd get 911 on the line; grab the first weapon-like object near at hand; and defend Myself and My family with extreme prejudice.

I can't see any circumstances under which I would allow someone like you into My home, and I can't see you breaking in, so the odds of Me actually doing you an injury are exceedingly small.

As long as people are away from God there will NEVER be peace on this earth..

So your god is powerless to keep its own followers in line, and prevent them from abusing people whom the believers don't happen to like? Good to know. I'll concentrate My efforts on lobbying for stronger secular protections, and perhaps one day I'll get My wish: Heavy fines and jail time for adults who traumatize minor children with the hell myth.

Christians can't walk in harmony, they can't even agree on which version of. "god" is right, Thumbelina!

Surely you know about the wheat and tares? The bible cautions people about judging/condemning others; seeming tares will eventually be wheat!

I'm not condemning any one, I'm stating facts - Christians can't walk in harmony - FACT!!!

True but the bible predicted that WILL happen. People are afforded freedom of choice.

* a liltle preaching*

To the people who say that they won't join Christianity because there are too many hypocrites, if you let a hypocrite get between you and God, the hypocrite is closer to God than you.

Nope. The kingdom of god is inside each of us. And if we decide to go one further with a little non-dual philosophy we could say that we ARE god. There is absolutely no separation. So relax. There ain't nothing to do. There is no getting 'right' with god. You ARE god. Have a nice day.

I looked at the video. First off, I would say that that missionary was monumentally ignorant of scripture and ill prepared for mission work. I noticed he believed in ditching the OT and that's a no no. He also was giving the people crap to drink so therefore he was IGNORANT of biblical health principles. Secondly, he never once spoke about a real relationship with God (probably because he did not fully understand the gospel). Thirdly, his missionary company sent him but did God send him? God has to ekbalē (sends out laborers) people.

Ah, the No True Scotsman once again. Do you have any other tools in the shed besides that one? He just didn't understand the message (like you do). He just wasn't truly called (like you are). He just didn't approach the natives right (like you would). He just didn't know enough (like you do). A True Missionary Christian would not have made those mistakes.

I've heard the guy's story and think he sounded just as earnest and well-meaning as any other missionary I've ever met. It's strange that you hold yourself as a judge of people's hearts and intentions, and judge how they handled what they thought was God's will for their lives. This man sacrificed years of his life learning a bizarre language, risked his health, and traveled to live in a culture so different from American/European society that it might as well be from the caveman days. What the fuck have YOU done for your mythical god? Oh, yeah, that's right. You sat on your privileged ass on a forum rabbiting on and on and on about weird interpretations of Revelations. Wow, I'm totally super impressed.

Sometime you simply must show us the badge God gave you that allows you to judge other people like you do. I'm sure it's terribly impressive-looking.

PWNED

Don't like the tough questions do you Thumby???

You can ignore me but the questions don't go away!!!

Thumbelina, I was just wondering when you last stoned someone to death?

2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die. (Deut. 17:2-5)

2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die. (Deut. 17:2-5)

Get with the program Suzanne!!! You don't ditch the OT. That is a STRICT no-no. Thats because Jesus came to fulfill the law. To uphold it. Not to abolish one jot or tittle.

Except the fact that he did away with the law.

The same law he came to uphold.

He abolished.

Easy, ain't it?

Easy, ain't it?

Mindbogglingly so, I'd say. ;)

I'll wait around and see what Thumbelina has to add to that.

Easy, ain't it?

Mindbogglingly so, I'd say. ;)

I'll wait around and see what Thumbelina has to add to that.

Or will she run away from that question too?

How old are you Thumby because you speak like a wee school lassie. One day you will grow up and realise its all a fairytale like Santa Claus!!!!

Hey, you got into the Jack Daniels and did not read what I wrote properly.

The dudes are buds, so instead of fighting over them, they'll let the women be the entertainment. You forgot to mention the only women left were lesbians!

Huh, you may want to live in your little agnostic bubble ;) but I live in the REAL world and there would basically be a Trojan war. Did you not see those Pirahã men with their bloodshot eyes and weed lips? That atheist was sugar coating and he's full of it if you ask me. Women and children do not thrive in such situations.

I've actually been around a situation where I learned that a particular girl was giving up the "goods" to a group of dudes and ... .

Do you have her number?

No I don't and if I did I would not promote that sort of thing. I've seen many people hurt by that type of living and it's not conducive for family values and therefore society.

Most Christians will cite Paul, the uber apostate, as justification for their picking and choosing which laws are important.

I've yet to hear any Christian radio station or encounter a preacher that doesn't praise and quote Paul's theological musings.

Hey darlin', I don't know what the den would be like without you. Paul was not an apostate, he was a sincere man who finally found the truth. Now, if you permit the spittle and clay you'll find it too ;)

Well I'm glad you're happy but would like your happiness to never end and I'd like you to find complete peace too.

What if I don't actually want "complete" peace? That would be like trying to do a sliding-number puzzle with 16 squares instead of 15 -- No empty spaces to slide the numbers around to get them in the right order.

Then it's your choice and you'll get whatever your heart truly desires.

Maybe your circumstances made you not see it.

I think it considerably more likely that your god is imaginary, Thumbelina, and that I didn't see anything because there wasn't anything there for Me to see.

He's not and He's wanting you to notice.

So you only threaten people in virtual world?

My original comments were actually intended to illustrate what it feels like to be trolled by a believer who just won't go away. It feels like an invasion of personal space. If someone -- anyone -- came into My physical home uninvited, I wouldn't be issuing any warnings at all; I'd get 911 on the line; grab the first weapon-like object near at hand; and defend Myself and My family with extreme prejudice.

I can't see any circumstances under which I would allow someone like you into My home, and I can't see you breaking in, so the odds of Me actually doing you an injury are exceedingly small.

Eh, nobody's trolling you and you know it, you read the posts of believers because you want to. C'mon, admit it, life is interesting with Christians around wink.png What we Christians need to do is to humble ourselves and pray and then God will bless tremendously. That will then make non Christians covet what we have.

As long as people are away from God there will NEVER be peace on this earth..

So your god is powerless to keep its own followers in line, and prevent them from abusing people whom the believers don't happen to like? Good to know. I'll concentrate My efforts on lobbying for stronger secular protections, and perhaps one day I'll get My wish: Heavy fines and jail time for adults who traumatize minor children with the hell myth.

He gives us choices, He's a gentleman and does not force Himself on people. In reality if someone does that it will be called rape. You do know that the bible states that there will be wolves in sheep's clothing, right? There are also people who behave badly now but will eventually change their ways.

What I'm trying to figure out is why I'm drawn to atheistic types when they are so mischievous. I reckon God loves them and wants them to know it, some people see them as nobodies sad.png

Get with the program Suzanne!!! You don't ditch the OT. That is a STRICT no-no. Thats because Jesus came to fulfill the law. To uphold it. Not to abolish one jot or tittle.

He abolished.

Easy, ain't it?

What did the Mosaic law prefigure. Was the levitical priesthood supposed to end? Was there a priesthood that predated the levitical one?

He abolished.

Easy, ain't it?

Jesus did/did not abolish the Law

Matthew 5:17-20 - he upholds the law

Ephesians 2:13-15 - he abolishes the law

The inerrant spirit inspired word contradicts itself. But an xian will say that we do not have ears to hear so we dont understand what these passages mean, though the words are plain and simple. So as an xian written words are truly unimportant because they mean whatever someone wants them to mean. The pastor will use some mental gymnastic bullshit to reconcile these two passages and the xian will slobber a bit and with glazed over eyes say, "Yes, Master." Why was the bible even put together if nobody has the ability to understand it? Oh, yes, right, xians filled with holy spirit can understand it because as an xian the critical thinking facility has been disconnected. So 'understanding' in this case means 'blind acceptance' of lunacy under fear of the imaginary being that someone coaxed the xian into creating in his/her mind.

When I was an xian they told me to read my bible everyday....it took me a while to figure out that they didnt really want me to think about what I read, just accept it all.

Hey darlin', I don't know what the den would be like without you. Paul was not an apostate, he was a sincere man who finally found the truth. Now, if you permit the spittle and clay you'll find it too

Paul was an apostate, he subtracted from the law and taught others to do the same.

That's a direct violation of God's instructions.

Paul taught against the law because it was his competition.

If salvation could be accomplished by honoring the law (which is what the Old Testament teaches), then there is no need for Jesus.

Paul was selling a "new and improved" religion, one that contradicted the tenets of Judaism, invented new doctrine.to take its place.

That new doctrine was more appealing to Gentiles, who had little interest in the regulations of Yahweh.

It's little more than a classic sales job, tailoring the product to appeal to more customers.

• Like 1

Hey darlin', I don't know what the den would be like without you. Paul was not an apostate, he was a sincere man who finally found the truth. Now, if you permit the spittle and clay you'll find it too

Paul was selling a "new and improved" religion,

Thou hast said. He was expounding the New Covenant. He was doing this: 1 John 2:7 . The Old Covenant failed because the people were faulty but Jesus being the fulfillment of the types and shadows caused the gospel to truly be understood and the law can now be written on people's hearts.