Goodbye Jesus

Showing Interest

CDFree

Guest Valk0010

The Bible teaches that Satan is the god of this world. Looking at the world at present time, I would say more people are under the influence of Satan than under the influence of God.

And they are having a damn good time! Being under the biblegod's influence makes one a stick in the mud. Some would rather not be the stick, so they take a stick and shove it up their ass. Influence aside, The biblegod won't deliver on his promises until after we all die. So he gives Satan all the blame for his own failure to deliver happiness and prosperity for his chosen in the here and now. But Satan delivers the world to anyone who desires to enjoy it now! What a cool dude Satan is! He doesn't threaten us! Instead, He throws a party for everyone! Woot!

Goes to prove my point. More people are under the influence of Satan than that of God. Our albino ape friend here is a prime example.

lol, that is funny. Agi, I like you but this comment is still funny.

Well that proves alot about you thumb, nothing good.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Christians, why do you pretend to be interested in people who show an interest in Christianity but then "dump" them when they won't subscribe exactly to what you believe, leaving them hurt and bewildered with an assurance that never again will they check out Christianity?

People are fickle and don't follow Christ's leading. It even happens within Christianity. I went to a new church at one time and a certain lady maybe thought 'aha, a heathen to convert!' When she realized I was already Christian she did not bother with me. I was thinking that was not very nice. If I was weak in the faith that would have discouraged me.

Christ does not lead.

Of course He does, now stop it!

Show us a picture of Christ giving a speech. Show us a picture of Christ doing a photo op. How about a picture of Christ visiting a disaster area to boost moral? Show us a video of Christ giving a speech. How about camera phone footage of Christ doing something . . . anything. These things are available for all the human leaders who lead. Why are they not available for Christ?

Have you been lying for Jesus?

Got to love the arrogance of the Christian who post here!!!

Don't talk to us as if we don't know what Christianity is all about - we do - including this supposed God who supposedly loves us RFLOL - never saw any sign of it any time I was a Christian!

Christians, why do you pretend to be interested in people who show an interest in Christianity but then "dump" them when they won't subscribe exactly to what you believe, leaving them hurt and bewildered with an assurance that never again will they check out Christianity?

People are fickle and don't follow Christ's leading. It even happens within Christianity. I went to a new church at one time and a certain lady maybe thought 'aha, a heathen to convert!' When she realized I was already Christian she did not bother with me. I was thinking that was not very nice. If I was weak in the faith that would have discouraged me.

Would this count as no true scotman? Or is is just another example, of how, something that is supposedly of god, is still incredibly destructive.

Hello sweetie pie! :D

Sweetie, don't bother with those atheists and their philosophical mess-- no true scotsman--pfft!

People are a mess that's all I'm sayin'. We all may not sin alike but we ALL sin.

Would this count as no true scotman? Or is is just another example, of how, something that is supposedly of god, is still incredibly destructive.

Hello sweetie pie! biggrin.png

Sweetie, don't bother with those atheists and their philosophical mess-- no true scotsman--pfft!

People are a mess that's all I'm sayin'. We all may not sin alike but we ALL sin.

Sin - what exactly is this sin you refer to?

The Bible teaches that Satan is the god of this world. Looking at the world at present time, I would say more people are under the influence of Satan than under the influence of God.

And they are having a damn good time! Being under the biblegod's influence makes one a stick in the mud. Some would rather not be the stick, so they take a stick and shove it up their ass. Influence aside, The biblegod won't deliver on his promises until after we all die. So he gives Satan all the blame for his own failure to deliver happiness and prosperity for his chosen in the here and now. But Satan delivers the world to anyone who desires to enjoy it now! What a cool dude Satan is! He doesn't threaten us! Instead, He throws a party for everyone! Woot!

Goes to prove my point. More people are under the influence of Satan than that of God. Our albino ape friend here is a prime example.

Agi's a pretty good sport, he could take a sassin'.

Guest Valk0010

What sin did she commit?

Guest Valk0010

Well you find disrespectful inhuman drivel funny and moral, that was my point....nothing good.
  • Like 1

What sin did she commit?

She did not love me like herself but then again I ended up sinning too cuz I was making fun instead of praying for her. I hope she did not do that to others, some people leave church for stuff like that.

Well you find disrespectful inhuman drivel funny and moral, that was my point....nothing good.

Did you read what Agi wrote? How is it disrespectful if you say Satan does not exist, huh?

Guest Valk0010

Did you read what Agi wrote? How is it disrespectful if you say Satan does not exist, huh?

He was saying the story makes no sense, agi I mean.

Jay on the other hand said agi was under the influence of satan. I don't know about agi, but I find that incredibly insulting. Even though satan doesn't exist, to be what one might call "of a idea of evil" is insulting.

Jay on the other hand said agi was under the influence of satan. I don't know about agi, but I find that incredibly insulting. Even though satan doesn't exist, to be what one might call "of a idea of evil" is insulting.

In a Christian mindset anything that is not for God is against God and it can be by default. Satan means adversary and Agi was being uber blasphemous. Relax sweetie pie, I'm telling you Agi has a pretty good sense of humor, he's cool.

Thumby imagines that any behavior that deeply offends her also offends her god. What kind of an incompetent god would create an Earth filled with mindless sin bots? Would I want to create billions of people who had no choice but to act in a way that offends me? Nope. Maybe god has a sin fetish.

Guest Valk0010

In a Christian mindset anything that is not for God is against God and it can be by default. Satan means adversary and Agi was being uber blasphemous. Relax sweetie pie, I'm telling you Agi has a pretty good sense of humor, he's cool.

You do realize the only people I am aware that make black and white thinking art form, are christians and people with borderline personality disorder.

Please excuse me for answering your question with a question but what did you believe sin to be when you were a Christian?

Christ does not lead.

Of course He does, now stop it!

Prove it. Prove he even exists. Oh, wait, you can't.

Weirdly enough, any group claiming to be led by "Christ" is usually headed by someone real. And that someone real's leadership skills usually dictate how well the group will flourish. Christ can't lead because he isn't real; all you can reasonably say is that the idea of him inspires the leaders who lead in his name. My dead mother is a better leader--I mean that, because she at least was real, and I sometimes will do good things because I know she'd have liked it if I did and I feel it honors her memory to do so.

The MLM analogy is a good analogy in terms of the relationship of structure.

Let's look at this scenario:

You meet some friendly person on a bus. He tells you how happy he is and how great his life is going. With a great amount of enthusiasm he invites you to his church. You are curious as to what all the hype is about. Maybe there is something to it.

"We don't expect anything of you," he tells you. "Just check it out."

Once you foot is in the door the start delivering the doctrine to you bit by bit. You go through a baptism and/or some ceremonies to demonstrate that you are part of the group. Then you find out that you are expected to donate money -- perhaps 10% of your income to this church. ANd most of all -- now that you have received this free and wonderful gift of God's loving embrace, forgiveness of all your sins, true freedom from the bondage of this fallen world, and Jesus' saving grace -- share it! Give it to others so that they to may be as happy and free as you are! It would be downright selfish of you to keep it all to yourself. Go get more members.

How does that benefit you? It doesn't. It benefits the leaders in the church. More followers = more money for them. You do all the foot-work and the get all the money for your work.

This is exactly how MLMs work.

• Like 1

You do realize the only people I am aware that make black and white thinking art form, are christians and people with borderline personality disorder.

You ain't the arbiter of truth hon' but Christians believe that God is and that He left us an instruction manual.

@Godless - Exactly so. It's no shock to me at all that a number of MLMs are rabidly fundie. Christians make out like believing is a very simple, easy thing, "the yoke is light" and all that crap, but then you get into it and discover that there are all sorts of things that you have to do or not do to make the grade.

Guest Valk0010

You ain't the arbiter of truth hon' but Christians believe that God is and that He left us an instruction manual.

But there is a point here, black and white thinking is INSANE.

Please excuse me for answering your question with a question but what did you believe sin to be when you were a Christian?

That's not answering my question - but no surprise since as I said Christians never answer questions they don't like!

Instruction manual??

Seriously, an instruction manual?

Then why the fuck are you on a bulletin board system? That implies you have a house and belongings. Why have you not donated them all to the poor? Why are you not out there feeding the sick and the orphaned, instead of sitting on your ass being a condescending Christian to strangers? Every single bit of the New Testament stresses charity and poverty. If it's an instruction manual, then you failed.

It also fails because it lists a number of commandments about rape and slavery and how to do them right, even in the New Testament, and utterly fails to address a number of moral concerns. No, thanks, I'll take my instruction manuals atrocity-free and applicable to the modern age.

• Like 1

The MLM analogy is a good analogy in terms of the relationship of structure.

Let's look at this scenario:

You meet some friendly person on a bus. He tells you how happy he is and how great his life is going. With a great amount of enthusiasm he invites you to his church. You are curious as to what all the hype is about. Maybe there is something to it.

"We don't expect anything of you," he tells you. "Just check it out."

Once you foot is in the door the start delivering the doctrine to you bit by bit. You go through a baptism and/or some ceremonies to demonstrate that you are part of the group. Then you find out that you are expected to donate money -- perhaps 10% of your income to this church. ANd most of all -- now that you have received this free and wonderful gift of God's loving embrace, forgiveness of all your sins, true freedom from the bondage of this fallen world, and Jesus' saving grace -- share it! Give it to others so that they to may be as happy and free as you are! It would be downright selfish of you to keep it all to yourself. Go get more members.

How does that benefit you? It doesn't. It benefits the leaders in the church. More followers = more money for them. You do all the foot-work and the get all the money for your work.

This is exactly how MLMs work.

Who said that God's purpose is to make you happy? God wants to give joy to His children and if happiness comes with it then so be it.

God works with paradoxes, He increases by dividing, He died to reproduce etc.

In a Christian mindset anything that is not for God is against God and it can be by default.

Oh. so you are saying the Christian mindset is delusional? They believe absurd ideas that are not supported by evidence but rather fly in the face of the available evidence.

Satan means adversary and Agi was being uber blasphemous. Relax sweetie pie, I'm telling you Agi has a pretty good sense of humor, he's cool.

The Bible says that God is not mocked. Yet we see God is mocked. Thus we know the Bible is wrong.

Who said that God's purpose is to make you happy? God wants to give joy to His children and if happiness comes with it then so be it.

God works with paradoxes, He increases by dividing, He died to reproduce etc.

what joy does he want to give us?

C'mon now that's 2 questions are you going to give me some answers?