Goodbye Jesus

What if the Rapture happened?

Guest JP1283

I didn't vote because I don't think any of those would be applicable to me if such an event would occur.

Unless I was in any direct danger, I think my only reaction would be one of observation. B)

I voted, but I'm with Brother Fweethawt on this one. It would be very interesting to observe millions of Christians suddenly magically flying up into the air to be with a Magic Sky Man. :D

I get yer gear and yer used panty collections?

n

I vote Option 4 - Jump for Joy that all the funies are gone and the world is finally at peace :) .

Merlin

I voted, but I'm with Brother Fweethawt on this one. It would be very interesting to observe millions of Christians suddenly magically flying up into the air to be with a Magic Sky Man.  :D
Don't take this the wrong way, Brother Jeff. But after I was finished watching everyone float up into the sky, I would quickly claim the house of my dreams along with a '69 Chevelle. :D

Preferably a red one. :)

Oh God I miss her so much! I should have never sold her.... 038.gif

I'll draw blasphemous cartoons and publish sound reasoning books.. And have fun...

wont we all be too busy being stung by mutant bees or something?

I'll draw blasphemous cartoons and publish sound reasoning books.. And have fun...

Say, that sounds fun!

Merlin

Just imagine, anything you can do without fundies watching your back!

wont we all be too busy being stung by mutant bees or something?

And getting the mark of the beast, dodging one third of th stars in the sky as they fall on us, wondering why the moon is blood red... Fun stuff!

Oh yeah, and of course we would be cursing God because we are so prideful and would rather suffer through the "tribulations" and eternally. :rolleyes:

dodging one third of th[e] stars in the sky as they fall on us...
That part is really gonna suck. :o

What I want to see, is the gigantic dragon that uses his tail to knock all those stars down! Now that, would be cool. :huh::lol:

And getting the mark of the beast, dodging one third of th stars in the sky as they fall on us, wondering why the moon is blood red...  Fun stuff!

Oh yeah, and of course we would be cursing God because we are so prideful and would rather suffer through the "tribulations" and eternally.  :rolleyes:

Bah, we'd just nuke Heaven and be done with it.

Nuthin' like technology(ala Tower of Babel) to shut God up, eh? :)

Merlin

Hypothetically speaking...

I voted 9-year-old girl. Cos if it were true, it would be irrational not to accept it...

A real god

If god turns out to be real, and from the xian variety, I still have a few question for him. I guess that if he does have time to take home all his human kids, he probably want to give me some time to answer some questions too. Main difference between me and people that say that they believe in a 'real god', is that I take real quite literally. I mean, to speak / pray and than get an answer (just as you answer me by pressing keys on a keyboard). God do you want to to register overhere? You can choose whatever nickname you prefer.

Forgiveness

I won't ask for forgiveness, because I am not aware of any fault (against god). I didn't hurt my programmer, you know! I am sometimes doing wrong things against my fellow human beings, and I would like to ask them for forgiveness, if that's possible in a second world.

How's god?

Currently I'm reading "God, a biography" [Jack Miles], that shows the development of the character named 'god' in the bible. The moment in which he realized he could interfere with human business, the moment he decided that some human actions are to be avenged. The xian god does have to be slightly different from what they tell us; for example: god changes over time. And everything will change. Maybe we - ex-xians - can convince him about the inappropriateness of hell, salvation by faith alone, communication by never changing, culturally bounded ancient scriptures.

Hypothetically, would be hard to deny or refute. It would be the long awaited miracle we used to beg for as Xtians to prove god was real. I'd have no choice but to accept at that point. Of course, may as well hypothetically speculate what you would do if the Stay-puff marshmellow man was actually walking around New York City......

I'm thinking I would have to go with the repent and beg forgiveness. All I have been asking for is proof, and that would meet the criteria.

I vote to go fishing and drink some beer.

There will always be stupid poeple who need guidance, I start my own relgion where all will pay me tithes

I voted "Embrace the lake of fire because Biblegod's a tyrant."

I am not going to say what I would actually do. Fear is a powerful motivator, but I certainly hope that I would have the integrity of principle to go with my vote.

Libertus

If it could be demonstrated that Christianity were true, Rapture or not, of course I'd accept it. I may not like it, but truth is truth.

If it could be demonstrated that Christianity were true, Rapture or not, of course I'd accept it. I may not like it, but truth is truth.

Agreed. However, I may accept that President Bush is our current Executive leader here in the US. This doesn't mean that I will respect him or like it. As Biblegod would require this respect, assuming that the Bible had been proven true somehow, then I would still hope to go with number 1.

Libertus

I've been thinking about this question lately and I thought I'd do a poll on it.

JP

The rapture has happened JP. In 1993. What? You got left behind?

I'd probably embrace the lake of fire because I believe that Yahweh, if he really does exist, is a complete dick. Why would I embrace Yahweh in worship after what I was put through? I have no interest in joining Yahweh in heaven and if I didn't have any emotional issues with Yahweh, there are some Christians that I know of in this world who would be the last people I would want to spend eternity with. Taking my place in the lake of fire would be my choice because if Yahweh really thought fit to punish me for not having worshipped him, then I might as well take my punishment like a mature adult.

Matthew

I think I have a good question for christians,

“What if at the very end of your life you became certain (by what means I have no idea) that this life was all there is. Would you regret having been a Christian?”

I know I sure would have. All those wasted hours praying, worrying, tithing, feeling guilty for being human. I would kick myself for being so stupid.

I put 9-year old girl but it would be more like a 5 year old. I would be a pathetic site to behold!