Goodbye Jesus

Kid XIII's Story: Severed Puppet Strings

Guest No. XIII

Guest No. XIII

puppet

n 1: a small figure of a person operated from above with strings by a puppeteer [syn: marionette] 2: a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else [syn: creature, tool]

On September 25th 2005 a puppet was born, one who would serve his master well. But unlike many of his brothers and sisters, this puppet would rise above the master, sever his puppetstrings and bring about his own emancipation.

As most children his age, XIII grew up knowing only what was presented to him. Although they were not the most militant puppets, his parents held a firm belief in life through Pinocchio, Son of the PuppetMaster Geppetto. These beliefs were filtered through his heartstrings as the years passed on and with every hymn, every verse and every "miracle" XIII grew into a faith-filled doll.

At the age of XIII, he decided that accepting the role of the doll wasn't sufficient enough. The PuppetMaster declared that he adorn himself with the puppetstrings of holiness. Family members and friends accused him of being lukewarm doll, and that he must take his faith up to the next level. He told himself "If I become a puppet, then I can't play with the Barbies or G.I. Joe, I can only play with the other puppets" But then a voice from within said "Tell me XIII, which is more important, Barbie and Joe or the wonderful PuppetMaster Geppetto and his Son?" XIII decided that he would not live life as a half-ass doll but he would live by his puppetstrings, following the Master's commands blindly.

Oh how magnificent it was to have Geppetto comfort him when he was lonely, pull him out of harms way by the strings and love him as a favored puppet of the puppet kingdom. Pinocchio had died for the puppets so that they may all live as "real boys and girls" and not be thrown in the trash. After all, the Barbies and G.I. Joes were all going to be thrown into Hell- I mean the trash unless they became puppets. So it became XIII's mission to rescue all of these horrid name brand toys from their unfortunate end and bring them into the Holy Puppet Kingdom.

He tried his hardest to bring them to Pinocchio and Geppetto but alas, only a few blessed toys would take him up on the offer. During this crusade for souls, he ran into a very sexy Barbie and began to have dirty thoughts about her, thoughts that a puppet like him had no right to think. Instead of listening to Pinocchio's warning against lusting he got to know her and fell in love. Their love was so unique and pure that he could not bare to let her become part of the trash heap, he told her that they could explore the true depths of their love if she became a puppet. She desired to keep her dignity as a namebrand so she refused but still claimed that she loved him. He anguished at her stubborn attitude and pleaded with her to convert.

Barbie then told him that if he was too much like the other fundamentalists- err puppets and that he cannot continue to live for an imaginary puppeteer who no one ever sees. And then she left him, alone and by himself at the bottom of the toybox. He was upset at the loss indeed but it was her words that burned his woodchips. "Geppetto fake, no way" but then it came to him, why can nobody see the PuppetMaster and why is it that when we question his authority, we are threatened with the trash can.

The little puppet dared to boldly go where no puppet has gone before, the library. It was amazing to see the literature written and documents posted, it somehow satisfied his desire for knowledge and the truth. He read about how the Story of Pinocchio was really an Italian children's novel later made into a movie by Walt-Disney and that all of the characters presented in the story were either heavily embelished or made up completely. He discovered that what Barbie said was correct, and that being a namebrand toy was better than being a puppet. He returned from the library and back to his fellow puppets. He shared his knowledge of how Pinocchio was a fictional character and how stories like him being swallowed by a whale was nothing but nonsense, but they wouldn't have it. They told him that he was being fooled by the Weekly Garbage Man and that he was out to persecute all puppets and fill their little wooden heads with lies.

XIII then realized what all of the other Barbies and G.I. Joes must have noticed all along, that these puppets were foolish by beleiving this story of Pinocchio and Geppetto. They didn't realize that it was all a scheme by Disney to gain more power and money and to control their wallets. At that revelation he severed his puppetstrings and became a G.I. Joe.

In each puppet there is a number XIII etched into their silly wooden hearts but unless they look deep within themselves, they will remain blind, deaf and dumb. Where is XIII now you ask? He lives among us still looking for the answers but satisfied none the less. But unlike so many others in the world...he is free, free, free...

The End

wow, see what boredom can do to ya lol. Anyway it's nice to know that there are others out there like me, I plan on being an active member on this site so keep an eye out. I'm kinda new to the whole apostacy thing but I've been through the struggle for 3 years now. So far i've been minddrug free for 3 months and still clean. Will post my real testimony later so check it out. Peace

P.S. Sorry if the story was boring lol, came up with it off the top of my head. Hey this is my first post :grin: bye

You are very,very gifted in creative writing. That was very insightful and wasn't anywhere near boring!

Welcome here.

"Insanely creative!" "Two-thumbs WAY up!" :grin: Cute fable there, XIII. Welcome to the "dark side" of Free Thought!

Guest No. XIII

Thanks, ever since I deconverted I have viewed Christianity as a system for puppets. There are times when I look at my family (who I still haven't told yet) and wish/pray that God can somehow bring me back to that state of bliss and faith. I've tried going back, convincing myself that perhaps I was never truly a Christian but like I guessreason, logic and "my lust for sinning" are just to powerful.

We have weekly bible studies and they still believe that I am as faithful as ever. Ever verse that is brought up, I can immediately pinpoint a clear and obvious contradiction to it. I long to reveal myself as a follower of the "dark side" lol but as a freshman in college, I can't spare any christian happy resources. Despite how selfish that sounds, I still depend on them alot and if I revealed myself I would basically brand myself the Black Sheep. I think once I am more independent and can firmly establish myself, then I will open up to them about it but until then...

P.S. I think that everyone on this site is awesome and the webmaster is a freakin genius, its nice to know that there are more of us out there than most think. I think many would be surpised at the amount of atheists/ exchristians there are in the country.

Hey XIII,

Jesus died for those sins you enjoy. So, go out and sin for Christ's sake!

I know what it is like to go to church and hear everything said and understand how freaking insane it is. It is emotionally exhausting and draining to have to be something that you are not, I feel for you.

great story man...i would love to see this made in to a childrens book...one my parents would have no clue was heretical if they bumped in to it...one i could read to my son...or even a movie...a pixar one at that...but it needs a happy ending...as in boy gets girl...or puppet gets barbie...whats the chances of that?