Goodbye Jesus

This Isn't What I Had Hoped!

LightForce

I'm new here as I posted earlier and was excited to find this subject matter here only to find that it is filled with people who only put others down.

Discussion is one thing but calling names and saying how irrational everyone is is not progress of any kind. It looks like many need to decompress from the judgmental teachings of Christianity.

I had a very real experience. I had lyme disease and was very sick. I have a young son who I wouldn't have been able to take care of if anything happened to my husband. I could see that my husband was sick also. My son was headed for a wheel chair and a life of multiple surgeries. I had no one. Absolutely no one. I was pretty much having a nervous breakdown when I learned about NeuroModulation Technique and found Terri Dodge in Arizona. I had two sessions with her over the phone and became lyme free overnight. Yes, miracles do happen because it happened to me.

I went from hardly being able to get dinner on to gardening for my neighbors, pulling ivy from steep slopes of clay. I am no longer negative in my outlook. It is impossible for me to see the world like that anymore.

I KNOW that there is more to life than finding out what is wrong with everybody. I know that how we think is everything.

I have stopped my son from an asthmatic cough four different times just by thinking, "I need an all clear of jet fuel from his lungs." Then I put it on his spine, the place of neutrality. I didn't even say the words out loud, just thought them.

I work with a Yuen Method practitioner who found a deleted chromosome that I share with my son. She strengthened it and I spent the next three days in bed. My whole upper body was changing, tingling.

What would it take to have a subject that was off limits to nay sayers where people like me can share my experiences? Or maybe there is no place here for that. Then I will move on.

My husband is a hard core scientist who knows all about Quantum Physics, Morphic Fields and Worm Holes. He says its only a theory but I am living proof that these theories are true. His life has changed dramatically since doing energy work. Even our cat is more loving. Our son gets better everyday.

People's personal experiences are my proof to anything. If anything, they open doors.

Keep an open mind, ask questions and learn from all.

In this forum, name-calling and being uncivil is certainly off limits.

But, honestly, being nay-sayers is what got all of us out of Christianity, even if we ended up in another religion. Don't expect people to turn their bullshit-meters off. This forum doesn't mean people have to agree with you.

I am happy if you found something that works for you, but in all honestly, I'm highly skeptical. And I have strange beliefs myself.

Usually the naysayers get ran off in a post or two. Sometimes they can be cranky. People here in this particular forum are generally accepting of talking about different spiritual experiences, it is when the people from the other forums pop in and decide to hit people in the head with the "proof" stick that it is a problem.

As a side note, if this post was directed at me, I never invalidated any of your experiences. I'm just saying that quantum mechanics is not a description of what you are talking about.

Maybe it would help if you look at more of the threads here in this section, LightForce, and how people respond to different ideas. It might help you to understand this site and the regular posters here if you read more. Just a suggestion.

In this forum, name-calling and being uncivil is certainly off limits.

But, honestly, being nay-sayers is what got all of us out of Christianity, even if we ended up in another religion. Don't expect people to turn their bullshit-meters off. This forum doesn't mean people have to agree with you.

I am happy if you found something that works for you, but in all honestly, I'm highly skeptical. And I have strange beliefs myself.

I don't mind if people disagree but I don't think anyone needs to speak unkindly of another. I appreciate a lively discussion but some of the posts are far from kind.

Maybe it would help if you look at more of the threads here in this section, LightForce, and how people respond to different ideas. It might help you to understand this site and the regular posters here if you read more. Just a suggestion.

I'll do that! Thanks.

Usually the naysayers get ran off in a post or two. Sometimes they can be cranky. People here in this particular forum are generally accepting of talking about different spiritual experiences, it is when the people from the other forums pop in and decide to hit people in the head with the "proof" stick that it is a problem.

As a side note, if this post was directed at me, I never invalidated any of your experiences. I'm just saying that quantum mechanics is not a description of what you are talking about.

I am not writing from personal experience. I find many of the posts disrespectful, at least the ones I read, and closed minded, that's all. I haven't been attacked.

Some postings, even in this forum, are technically disrespectful toward those who adhere to... let's just call it "non-scientific" ideas. Personally, I don't blame people for it because I figure it's part of the process of deconversion and coming to terms with the new situation one finds herself in.

As for proof, well, it's legitimate to ask for proof if someone claims "I know better than you", whatever that means in any specific case. I freely admit that I have no proof for the things I believe in...

...but then, I don't claim that I must be right and such ;)

I would rather that any question were asked in a friendly way. I read many posts that were far from that.

I don't shy away from a good discussion and I question everything. Ask my former church Sunday School teacher.

Where did the "I know better than you" come from? The point is that we all have our personal experiences and no one can or should take that away from anyone. We are all at different places in our personal development.

I am the proof for the things I believe in but I can't verify it to others. They would have to visit me but then they didn't know me before my transformation. It took time for me to believe it.

I see you are from Deutschland. I lived there for over six years.

There was no discussion about being right, just about being respectful.

Thurisaz is very wise - he just stays out of all the banter back and forth about whether or not some particular idea is scientific or "woo", while some of us just rise to the bait every time (including myself).

Part of the problem is that people have different standards of what constitutes "proof". I freely admit there is no scientific proof as yet for some theories that I subscribe to.

Sometimes there is some disrespect, because some people don't have any respect for the idea presented. It is a good idea not to take it personally.

LightForce,

I'm new here as I posted earlier and was excited to find this subject matter here only to find that it is filled with people who only put others down.

Which subject was it and where was it? It all depends on which section/forum it's in. Ex-Christian Spirituality should be nicer and easier to present your new beliefs after Christianity, but if it was in the Lion's Den, then I'm sorry because that's kind-of the purpose of that forum to let people say what they feel about all views and perspectives, and sometimes it will get rough there.

Discussion is one thing but calling names and saying how irrational everyone is is not progress of any kind.

Unless what the other person is saying is irrational. Calling names is usually a waste of time, but can be a very helpful way of releasing steam.

It looks like many need to decompress from the judgmental teachings of Christianity.

And there are many different people with different needs and different ways of decompressing. This website consist mostly of people who are in the process of decompressing. Some here have decompressed, but most new members just deconverted recently and need to express what they feel and what they think. Don't expect them to be decompressed if they're still decompressing.

I hope your kid has what he needs for his asthma.

Because your thoughts didn't do jack, with all due respect.

I see you are from Deutschland. I lived there for over six years.

There was no discussion about being right, just about being respectful.

Yes, the German mainstream of the jebus cult is quite nice. Being what the US folks are taught is typical "lukewarm" believers, my christian neighbors tend to go to church exactly once per year (on xmas eve, to park the kids away from home while one of the parents prepares the presents) and assume the one and only teaching in da babble is "love your neighbor"... well, that and "judge not lest...".

I despise the christian doctrine but these people are okay if you ask me :)

Thurisaz is very wise - he just stays out of all the banter back and forth about whether or not some particular idea is scientific or "woo", while some of us just rise to the bait every time (including myself).

thanks.gif

Well you better not run into me in RL when (if!) I butt heads with a morontheist... :fdevil:

But generally, yes, I think some things should better remain untouched. Not everyone likes a shitstorm :P

Usually the naysayers get ran off in a post or two.

Members who find we, as a group, do not live up to their standards of respect and tolerance do not last very long either.

• Like 1

I don't mind if people disagree but I don't think anyone needs to speak unkindly of another. I appreciate a lively discussion but some of the posts are far from kind.

The people here are generally decent people I think. But there are a few bad apples who somehow manage to fuck the entire place up. I mean, all it takes is one asshole in a hundred people to bring things down to the lowest common denominator. The only thing for it is for the mods to do their job, but then the mods don't like to be told to do their jobs.

I won't attack you. Even though I'm an atheist and a skeptic, I have had success with "alternative" therapies for health issues myself. I went for reiki treatments for my fibromyalgia, and it did wonders for me. Eventually I learned how to do it myself, and it's been interesting experience being a practitioner and seeing the changes and results in myself, other people, and even animals. I've also done polarity therapy and that also has caused some interesting reactions physically.

I haven't heard of Neuromodulation Technique. Could you tell us some more about that and what you had to do?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to know why you think it isn't quantum mechanics? And to which experience are you referring? I can't remember everything I have written and I don't have the time to go back and read.

Thanks,

I won't attack you. Even though I'm an atheist and a skeptic, I have had success with "alternative" therapies for health issues myself. I went for reiki treatments for my fibromyalgia, and it did wonders for me. Eventually I learned how to do it myself, and it's been interesting experience being a practitioner and seeing the changes and results in myself, other people, and even animals. I've also done polarity therapy and that also has caused some interesting reactions physically.

I haven't heard of Neuromodulation Technique. Could you tell us some more about that and what you had to do?

You can look it up and get a far better description than what I can provide. www.nmt.md Also this website has many videos, www.followthenaturalpath.com. I worked with Terri Dodge who, by the way, is a Christian. Many of the people in her church think she is doing something satanic even though she helps people get well. I was meant to work with her. NMT is considered an information modality. The practitioner reads from scripts that are based mostly on western medicine. The practitioner muscles tests herself, I think, to find where the problems lie in the body, then clears them by saying, "I need an ALL CLEAR ______". I learned many things from these sessions. One doesn't need to be a good person to be a 'healer'. Healing has nothing to do with Jesus. Healing comes from being aware. It isn't a religion. It is better to have no belief system rather than believe in something that is not the truth.

The session was for my son and I received the healing. It was my time. Not everyone who has worked with Terri has received the same results.

I then went on to Yuen which is faster, more about reading energy and neutralizing it. Yuen is about polarity coming to a place of neutrality.

Seems like I already responded to this, maybe I dreamed about responding to it. This isn't the first time I've read it.

As they say, LifeForce, not everyone here are the name calling and debasing of others types. You'll find a lot of that in the Lion's Den I suppose, I never go in there because I don't care for such behavior either.

The experiences you describe probably will face doubt here. They're not something we see a lot of. Try the Science vs. Christianity forum, but there will be some bashing going on there too. Quantum energies and healing techniques are vague at best. Most of us think of it as superstitious. There's not enough documentation, data, proof - and it's next to impossible for a scientist to acquire any of these. If someone has, please post the info.

How does one strengthen a chromosome? I haven't read all of the replies yet, apologies if I'm being redundant.

There are probably forums out there where you can connect with other people who have experienced similar things. Search around. Bring back some info that hard core civilian scientists will want and appreciate. Get what you can from here. This Ex-Christian Life forum is mostly bashing free.

I'm not sure If LF is even still around, haven't seen in a while.

But my 2 cents anyway....

People here are working through and getting over major mind fuckage. It's something on the level of coming out gay or something else major like that. Life altering in the highest degree. I apologize if it's not as civil as you or others would like it to be at times, but dammit, this is the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH many of us have to come vent, rage, and bash the system and it's enablers. If its off putting, I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. It's not like this all the time though. Maybe you caught it on "one of those days". Many days things are VERY uplifting around here.

The people here are great- loving, caring and supportive. But we are human. And are dealing with some serious shit. So dont act like just because we may not be "perfect little Christians" (lol) that youre disappointed. WE'RE DISAPPOINTED. And dealing with it.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

but dammit, this is the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH many of us have to come vent, rage, and bash the system and it's enablers

QFT!!!

QFT!!!

Buffettphan, I didn't know what QFT meant, so I googled it. I assume you mean Quantum Field Theory and not Quoted For Truth (just kidding).

LightForce (hope you're still here), there have been a lot of very insightful and supportive comments to people's appeals for feedback about their life struggles on forums like Rants or this one, Ex-Chr Spirituality. I find lots of stuff I can apply to my own life. Best wishes for your son's asthma.

• Super Moderator

QFT!!!

Buffettphan, I didn't know what QFT meant, so I googled it. I assume you mean Quantum Field Theory and not Quoted For Truth (just kidding).

I had to do the same thing first time I saw "QFT" in a post! AND -- scary thought here -- I originally thought it stood for Quantum Field Theory too -- and thought "Huh?? What's that got to do with my post?" (DH is an engineer and I'm in love with the show Big Bang Theory, so that's where my mind automatically headed! LOL)

I agree with many of the others who've posted that you generally have to be careful of which part of the forum you go to. Some of us will say extremely nasty things in the Rants and Raves section as well as Lion's Den.

As for me, I'm an atheist, yet I believe in ghosts and the general concept of energy/chi. I've never tried alternative therapies mostly because they cost so much and aren't covered by health insurance. I have an autoimmune disease myself and I would be willing to try ANYTHING if I could afford it to at least lessen some of the symptoms. So I guess that only makes me a mild skeptic.

There are some people on this site who seem to be looking to start a fight as well. It's hard, but a lot of times you just have to try to not take it personally. Sometimes I'll almost cry or throw my computer when I read Legion's political rants because I feel like he's attacking me personally as a liberal. Then I have to take a breath, step back, and realize that he's attacking an idea, not me as a person.

I agree with many of the others who've posted that you generally have to be careful of which part of the forum you go to. Some of us will say extremely nasty things in the Rants and Raves section as well as Lion's Den.

As for me, I'm an atheist, yet I believe in ghosts and the general concept of energy/chi. I've never tried alternative therapies mostly because they cost so much and aren't covered by health insurance. I have an autoimmune disease myself and I would be willing to try ANYTHING if I could afford it to at least lessen some of the symptoms. So I guess that only makes me a mild skeptic.

There are some people on this site who seem to be looking to start a fight as well. It's hard, but a lot of times you just have to try to not take it personally. Sometimes I'll almost cry or throw my computer when I read Legion's political rants because I feel like he's attacking me personally as a liberal. Then I have to take a breath, step back, and realize that he's attacking an idea, not me as a person.

He only attacks me as a person.

;)