Goodbye Jesus

False preachers

Metroplex

Jesus commanded those who wished to enter into heaven to 'sell all you have and give it to the poor, etc....'

Now some false christian preachers like Joyce Meyer (I really hate this one) Benny Hinn, Cleflo Dollar, etc.

they all live in opulence, big houses, lots of cash, etc.

They say that God is blessing them and that the good life is not only when you die, in heaven, but here on earth too, just sow a seed... a money seed... with your credit card.

I really hate these charlatans who pretend to be in the God business because they 'love God' but in reality they are in it only for the money, and people follow these idiots!

Christianity is BIG business. Write a book, $. Cassette tapes $$. DVD's $$$. Prayer cloths, holy water, rocks from Jerusalem, on and on it goes.

Donate your house to my ministry. Get a bigger one in heaven.

Preach a really good sermon on TV. Then sit back and wait for the mail to pour in.

Are you going to rob God? Just give whatever the Lord is telling you to give. Listen really closely, and you'll hear an exact amount. Somewhere in the $10,000 range.

I'd love to see Joel Osteen's net worth.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone else said it better and much sooner, but if giving money away makes you rich, why are these preachers asking for money? They should be giving it away as fast as they can! You can't tell me that there isn't one struggling church or country somewhere that couldn't use that kind of money. Then think of how rich those preachers would be tomorrow!

Now, go to that phone...God is speaking to 300 people to send $1,000....

Jesus commanded those who wished to enter into heaven to 'sell all you have and give it to the poor, etc....'

Now some false christian preachers like Joyce Meyer (I really hate this one) Benny Hinn, Cleflo Dollar, etc.

Apparently other christians hate them too. They consider Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn a cult

Check this out

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/m26.html

http://www.salon.com/people/feature/2000/11/21/tilton/

I saw the ABC expose on Tilton. He was a marketing major in school and attended a tent meeting for the hell of it. He and his buddy calculated the money making potential, pooled their money and bought a tent themselves. The rest is history.

Pretty smart if it wasn't so downright cruel. He takes money from those who can least afford it. ABC camera crews sifted the garbage at Tilton's bank where his prayer request were mailed (yes, they go directly to the bank). One letter they found was from a young boy who was praying for his dying mother or something similarly sad (it was in 1991 so I can't quite recall).

The same expose uncovered some other Texas preacher (don't remember who - Larry something I think) who sent out letters to his flock saying the devil had burned his house down and that he was homeless. Well, it was true that his house was burnt down - his pool house. They guy lived on a huge sprawling multimillion dollar estate and his tiny little poolhouse had indeed been destroyed by fire. His mansion on the other hand was in tact and quite breathtaking as revealed by ABC's helecopter tour of his estate.

BTW, the second preacher (Larry?) continued to appear on TBN after the expose. Any credibility that Paul Crouch had for me back then was swept out with the tide.

The really sick thing is that it hardly even matters if they get caught or exposed. They keep on doing it anyway, and the idiot sheep keep sending them money. Look at Jimmy Swaggart - he easily turned his 'sin' into cash with a few crocodile tears.

As for the morons who support these con artists - isn't there something in the bible about 'there is no need to tie a bell to a fool'? :Hmm:

Their all in it for the money I haven’t seen a preacher give away all their possessions yet.

Their all in it for the money I haven’t seen a preacher give away all their possessions yet.

And you never will. Just ask one the 'prosperous' children of christ what jesus meant when he told them to give everything to the poor, and the rich won't get into heaven.

Man, will you hear some liberal interpretations!

"You see, what Jesus really meant to give all of your soul to the less fortunate, to help them into the kingdom. If you are 'rich' with pride you will never get into heaven", etc., etc.

You can respond by telling them, "I don't believe in liberal interpretations of scripture. If Jesus said 'sell all you have and give it to the poor', then that's what he meant." :lmao:

The really sick thing is that it hardly even matters if they get caught or exposed. They keep on doing it anyway, and the idiot sheep keep sending them money. Look at Jimmy Swaggart - he easily turned his 'sin' into cash with a few crocodile tears.

As for the morons who support these con artists - isn't there something in the bible about 'there is no need to tie a bell to a fool'? :Hmm:

In my experience it is the mentally ill who give what little money they have to these charlatans. I'd be willing to bet that half the homeless people you see on mumbling on the street gave the last of their money to some TV evangelist.

I nearly began a new thread about this, when I spotted this one, so I figured I’d post this here instead.

“WOULD JESUS WEAR A ROLEX?”

I love comedians and I love parody songs. I love them because with biting sarcasm and devilish insight they are capable of exposing the ugly truth of things even the most stubborn person can’t ignore.

Take for example one of my all-time favorite comedic instigators, Ray Stevens. Long before Weird Al Yankovic came along, Ray Stevens pioneered the field of comedy songs with such classics as “The Streak”, “Ahab, the Arab”, “It’s Me Again, Margaret” and “Would Jesus Wear a Rolex?” It’s this last song/question to which I wish to call attention.

Now, setting aside for the moment whether or not you believe there ever was a “Jesus”, I believe that Ray Stevens poses a damn good question that the Christian church MUST answer.

Considering all the injunctions in the bible to be POOR -- how money is the root of all evil, and how difficult it is for a RICH man to enter the kingdom of heaven, and blessed are the poor (in spirit?) for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven – one must question the sincerity of today’s filthy rich church preacher.

Jesus was so poor that he had no place to lay his head. He lived off the land and the charity of his followers. He owned no lands, no home, and no donkey. Yet today’s Christian in contrast owns MUCH. Diamond mines, TV and Radio stations, huge tracts of land, airplanes and Mega Church facilities are but the tip of the wealthy iceberg of the church. AND they own all these things TAX FREE!

Didn’t “Jesus” say something about paying taxes? Something like “render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”? I seem to recall reading that somewhere when the Pharisees were testing Jesus. Maybe MY bible is wrong. That could happen.

It appears to MY untrained, and unbiblical eye, that the church is in DIRECT violation of the Word of God. Why is this?

Would “Jesus” wear a Rolex, or a diamond pinky ring? Would he own a tax sheltered Diamond mine in Africa, while simultaneously begging for money from his duped TV audience?

And, before anyone chimes in with all the OTHER “poor” churches around the nation/world, let’s not overlook the fact that these churches SEEK wealth and success and power, even though they haven’t yet attained them. This LUST for money makes them just as guilty in the eyes of “Jesus”. It is a carnal desire.

So, what say you “Christians”? Care to defend your money grubbing ways? Can you truly defend the money marketing methods of the church? If this money being collected is “for the poor”, (snicker!) then why don’t “the poor” have it? Why do I see the churches and church leaders decked out in purple raiment and gold?

The early church (first 200 years of Christianity) believed in poverty as a virtue. Any pastor who was living too well was censured and believed to be a criminal. The shepherd of the flock lived off of alms, just as did the widows and orphans. None of this “big house” and “big easy” living.

What happened? Why is the church so money hungry now? Why do Christians DESPISE poverty? Why is being “poor” seen as weakness? Why are the words of “Jesus” considered optional, or “dispensational”? Is he no longer “Lord”?

Or maybe this “Jesus” never existed after all?

Silly me. Of course THAT is the answer! A money-hungry Christian is PROOF that this “Jesus” is pure MYTH! If he were real, would anyone DARE disregard his teachings, or change his words? Not hardly. I know if I believed in “God”, I wouldn’t do anything to piss him off. Yet, these “Christians” do so with impunity. As if “Jesus”/God and His Words don’t even matter.

Humph! There is no “Jesus” and there is no “God”. That explains it. Well, I’m certainly glad we got that settled. :wicked:

Apparently other christians hate them too. They consider Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn a cult

I sure did when I was a christian. I saw right through them.

They say that God is blessing them and that the good life is not only when you die, in heaven, but here on earth too, just sow a seed... a money seed... with your credit card.

I really hate these charlatans who pretend to be in the God business because they 'love God' but in reality they are in it only for the money, and people follow these idiots!

You mean they're all not in it for just the money?

Couldv'e fooled me.

:scratch: