Goodbye Jesus

Bible Verses To Post On Fb To Reveal All Of The Christian "god"

sjessen

You're a braver troll than most of us will ever be!

'Fraid not. I decided not to do it. I decided I was responding to the posts of just one person. Everyone else keeps their religious comments tolerable. I just stopped receiving her posts to give me some peace for awhile. I didn't feel like the rest of the people I'm friends with deserved to have their faith attacked. I did think about starting out by saying something about how there are a lot of strange verses in the Bible. Don't know, am still thinking on that.

That's wise of you and prob. for the best. As a rule, if someone is solid in faith I don't question whatever faith they hold. But if the faith is somehow harming someone, that's another story!

• Like 1

Hey SJ, it's allright, you will do it when you are ready. No need to make yourself feel bad about it. Also, I have not really mentioned the name of my group publicly...

yeah, what a coward I am. I WANT to do that so fucking bad....I want to start a whole blog on that mfer "pastard" & all of the abuse, etc....

I think I will someday, but not now. I have too much going on & don't need the emotional shit that will go along with whistle blowing on "gawd's true & holy church".glare.gif

But I know myself & I know some others who have outed the cult churches they were involved in & they inspire me......

but I can't do it now.blush.png

It's okay that you're not ready to out this cult/church. Take it at your own speed. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Man...I could find you so much stuff on this topic it might break the Internet.

When Job asked God what he had done to deserve to have his children killed and his servants and livestock die and have a disease that covered him with sores, God said, "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!" Here he goes making fun of Job. Then instead of answering the question, he rambles on for pages about how great he is. Ex: "Have you ever given orders to the morning, or showed the dawn its place...Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this...Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?...Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane?...Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!" Job's life is ruined and God has nothing better to do than taunt him.

"If a man happens to meet a girl who is pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He must never divorce her as long as he lives." -Deut. 22:28-29.

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid. -Deut. 21:18-21.

This is a fantastic system--brats get stoned and rapists have to pay a fine. Show these to your friend and tell us what she says.

• Like 2

When Job asked God what he had done to deserve to have his children killed and his servants and livestock die and have a disease that covered him with sores, God said, "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!" Here he goes making fun of Job. Then instead of answering the question, he rambles on for pages about how great he is. Ex: "Have you ever given orders to the morning, or showed the dawn its place...Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this...Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?...Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane?...Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!" Job's life is ruined and God has nothing better to do than taunt him.

"If a man happens to meet a girl who is pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He must never divorce her as long as he lives." -Deut. 22:28-29.

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid. -Deut. 21:18-21.

This is a fantastic system--brats get stoned and rapists have to pay a fine. Show these to your friend and tell us what she says.

Just wow! Those are some hellish verses for sure!! While in the bible-cult I never thought deeply enough to realize that "god" is taunting Job with the "I am god, I will do whatever the hell I want! who are you to question me!!?"

I can't imagine a loving, just, kind & compassionate "God" behaving that way towards his beloved creation. I know the world has good & bad, but the "shut up because I am god!!" reply is just

so repulsive, so dictatorial & cruel.glare.gifsad.pngwacko.png

I've been thinking od doing something similar. I have a good friend who always posts beautiful nature pictures with the headline, "we serve such an awesome God", so I've been thinking of posting pictures of starving children with the same headline.

• Like 2

When Job asked God what he had done to deserve to have his children killed and his servants and livestock die and have a disease that covered him with sores, God said, "Brace yourself like a man; I will question yo

u, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions?

Surely you know!" Here he goes making fun of Job. Then instead of answering the question, he rambles on for pages about how great he is.

Ex: "Have you ever given orders to the morning, or showed the dawn its place...Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this...Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?...Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane?...Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!" Job's life is ruined and God has nothing better to do than taunt him.

Just wow! Those are some hellish verses for sure!! While in the bible-cult I never thought deeply enough to realize that "god" is taunting Job with the "I am god, I will do whatever the hell I want! who are you to question me!!?"

I can't imagine a loving, just, kind & compassionate "God" behaving that way towards his beloved creation. I know the world has good & bad, but the "shut up because I am god!!" reply is just

so repulsive, so dictatorial & cruel.glare.gifsad.pngwacko.png

When I ask people about Gawd's attitude towards Job, they regurgitate "Gawd is almighty. We do not deserve his grace. Therefore, he can do what he wants." I am tired of the same stupid answers to the same questions.

• Like 1