Goodbye Jesus

Ordained Atheist Minister

London

it's simply a way of showing respect, for me.

Respect? So then why doesn't HE call YOU by your (self appointed) title? Doesn't he respect you?

If the respect goes only one way then it's not respect, it's playing "pretend I am superior", or it's fear.

I can call the Pope his holiness all I want, it will never make me respect him more. It's a lie. For me anyway.

Tamara Siuda is a woman. I respect her as a teacher. I don't need your permission, and she's not pretending anything. She's educated and kind, and respects all people.

And she does call me Qefathethert, which is my "title." Qefat for short. It's not self-appointed, but since you're just looking to be angry, I won't bother to explain to you.

ETA: She has also said to EVERYONE who talks with her, Kemetic Orthodox or not, she's perfectly ok, and in most cases prefers, to be called "Tamara." I've never ever known her to demand to be called by her title. It would be better for you not to assume shit about people because they're theists. Makes you look like a dick.

If she respects you, then great, I'm all for it. I was talking about those who ask for respect but don't give it in return.

Sorry I quoted you, it wasn't meant to be personal since, like you said, I know nothing about her or you.

sincerely,

Prince Prick

I've been an atheist minister for years. I just haven't taken the actual last step to register with the state (which is required). I have the certificate and everything but I have to go to the local court and put in the paperwork or anyone I marry (or bury) won't be official. This has to be done in each municipality I might want to "work."

mwc

• Like 1

I think I'd prefer to call you Irreverent Margee rather than Reverend Margee!!

P.S.- You keep that hair disaster between us! It's protected by confessional whatever-the-hell-it's-called!

you better smartin' up and treat me real good or I'll tell everyone on Ex-c about your dry, bright red hair........smiliegojerkit.gif

I'm such a failure as a 'reverend'....... rolleyes.gif

lol well, you've got no evidence of that hair disaster!

• Like 1

Here's where I am now listed in the directory, if a non-believer wants me to perform a wedding or funeral. All I need is a lawyer to draw me up a document. I can create any type of service that non-believers would want!! They have a support group there for this!! I really am a minister...just like that!!

Rev. Margee

Since I'm a non-believer, I had to go and look you up. And yep, there you are! You're an ordained Minister with the First Church of Atheism. Congratulations! But I suggest you work on that profile. So far you have no followers and only one friend who looks like a cereal killer.

Rev., I would like to be your first official follower. What do I have to do?

I'll do anything zDuivel7.gif

• Like 2

Here's where I am now listed in the directory, if a non-believer wants me to perform a wedding or funeral. All I need is a lawyer to draw me up a document. I can create any type of service that non-believers would want!! They have a support group there for this!! I really am a minister...just like that!!

Rev. Margee

Since I'm a non-believer, I had to go and look you up. And yep, there you are! You're an ordained Minister with the First Church of Atheism. Congratulations! But I suggest you work on that profile. So far you have no followers and only one friend who looks like a cereal killer.

Rev., I would like to be your first official follower. What do I have to do?

I'll do anything zDuivel7.gif

lmao_99.gif ..........Prince Prick.....you are so buckin' crazy!!! I just adore you!

• Like 1

Universal Life Church gives you the lowdown on marriage laws based on state: http://www.themonastery.org/tools/wedding_laws/

There's a little meter that tells you how complicated or difficult it is to be recognized to marry people in your state. It figures that Virginia would be "complex". I need to move to Maryland...

They also list county clerk offices in the state.

I read somewhere on an atheist site that one guy got married by his best friend with a ULC certification. So it most definitely can be done.

The reason that you are referred to as a "reverend" is because it helps to get around state laws where only "religious" authorities have the ability to marry people.

Also, I want a party. I'm an atheist and ULC minister! ULC lets you have alternate titles like "Jedi Knight", "Grand Master Brain Wizard", "Flying Missionary", "Rock Doctor", "Time Lord" and more!

• Like 1

Why don't we just all pick our own titles? I wanna be Princess Fancy Pants.

Wait. What? Nooooo!

That's my title. eek.gif

• Like 3

Ok Margee, now you need a hurkin' ring (for people to kiss) and a tall funny hat to wear. That will make the outfit complete.

And before every ritual you MUST do this to make it all legal in the eyes of the FSM.

Pope_JPII.gif

It's a secret ancient code. Here, popus dufus headus was caught using the heathen sign. BAD popus, BAD!! :o

• Like 1

Ok Margee, now you need a hurkin' ring (for people to kiss) and a tall funny hat to wear. That will make the outfit complete.

And before every ritual you MUST do this to make it all legal in the eyes of the FSM.

Pope_JPII.gif

It's a secret ancient code. Here, popus dufus headus was caught using the heathen sign. BAD popus, BAD!! ohmy.png

London! I love the outfit!! It's perfect!!

London....did you read? I got my licence as an atheist minister yesterday!! (post 8!) I am EX-c's, 'Reverend Margee'!! Everybody looks up to me now....rolleyes.gifand all because of you!! I am finally important!! You helped me become the minister I am today!!!

I can marry you now!!yellow.gif

I would be happy to have you be the reverend at my wedding. Could you also provide a really HOT Canadian groom?

Please note: he must be at least 6' to ride this ride. :D

• Like 2

I would be happy to have you be the reverend at my wedding. Could you also provide a really HOT Canadian groom?

Please note: he must be at least 6' to ride this ride. biggrin.png

My son is 6' 1'' and single ...Wendytwitch.gif You...you ...you... could be my son-in law!!! eek.gifhappydance.gif

Pope_JPII.gif

It's a secret ancient code. Here, popus dufus headus was caught using the heathen sign. BAD popus, BAD!! :o

I still love me some Pope John Paul II - but only cause he was Polish.

Please note: he must be at least 6' to ride this ride. biggrin.png

My son is 6' 1'' and single ...Wendytwitch.gif You...you ...you... could be my son-in law!!! eek.gifhappydance.gif

LOL! I have to hand it to you Margee, you are a full service Atheist Minister. Provides weddings AND the groom. Can't get a better deal than that, oh wait, instant inlaws as well. :)

I just realized that I have sold myself to Denyoz. So I may not have free will anymore. But... he worships you so... you might be able to fix that as well... hmmm... we really do need to get you that ring for people to kiss, you seem to have acquired quite a mass of power in the last 24 hours. Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 2

You need some alternative version of the pope-mobile. Maybe a '78 El Camino you could ride in the back in, with chicken wire enclosing you? Then noone would question your heavenly authority.

You need some alternative version of the pope-mobile. Maybe a '78 El Camino you could ride in the back in, with chicken wire enclosing you? Then noone would question your heavenly authority.

Perhaps the Reverend would like something with some speed???

timandrew_RAZ-6262-600x359.jpg

• Like 2