Goodbye Jesus

Forgive Me, I Watched Joyce Meyer

Denyoz

'Balance' is my god...I pray to that everyday..............

Thank you Margee for your reply. BTW, I was not offended by you laughing at my OP, I was thrilled. I did end it on a humorous note, because it is funny.

Balance, eh? I agree with you, but then why do you (me, us) strive to be more loving than hating? We love love more than we love hate, so it's not really balanced.

Example: It's my daughter's birthday. I give her a cake and a gift, but only this year. Next year I give her nothing. I'm balanced. I love, I hate, I'm perfect. Doesn't make sense right?

Why do we strive to be good? This force, this drive, is it divine or just a biased human weakess?

...the thing is that we look to all others to find 'balance' and love' and some are more on the 'darker' side, as still caught up in self-centeredness and in selfishness, etc. We expect them to give back to us what we want.. but they can't, cause they are 'not there' in that head space. They are not 'balanced' either!! So to expect love back from certain people living on the darker side of the coin, is living in a fantasy. There are givers in life and there are takers. The people who love too much are mostly quite 'needy' and need to step back a little (like me! wink.png ) and learn more balance, and the people who are 'takers' need to step up a little. (Balance)

If you are in 'balance', you will want to give your daughter her cake and present every year just to see the joy on her face and NOT get upset if you don't get anything in return. When we want something in return - we are not truly 'giving'. It's a shit hard lesson.........

• Like 1

Love can still be your god, Deny.

Is it yours, TrueFreedom? Or is this too much of a personal question?

Though I wouldn't consider it a god, it's what gets me through and what I believe is the most essential human desire (call it a need if you prefer). I'm happier when I act in loving ways towards others. It's something that you can give away and lose nothing, often receiving more back in return. I find much to praise about the different forms of love.

Hmm... interesting. Thank you, True.

You write: "Love is the most ESSENTIAL human desire." Do you feel that the majority of people agree with this? I'm sure 99.9% of Christians do.

You also write: "I find much to praise about the different forms of love." Praise is a synonym of worship, and I think it comes from the word PRAY. Not a god, eh? Maybe not an anthropomorphic god, but something invisible worthy of your praise, right? Worth spreading, to transform people and the world (converting?).

See where I'm getting?

So love IS definitely important when it comes to human happiness. It is essential. So love is It! Does everyone here agree? Do we have a consensus?

The God I believed in was Love, not the bible god most christians refer too. It was Christianity, but not the fundamentalist version. God was Love.

I wonder why believing in God and that he is Love made me happier than I am now, if it's a lie. Can happiness be found in lies?

Bible religion is a lie...& the belief that "God is love" did give me some comfort too Deny. Maybe if there is a "god" the "god is love" part is true, but all of the other bullshit is made up lies to control people? I don't know if hoping for more than this is a lie, but HOPE can help get us through this crazy ass life.

For me, it's what gets me through the day...

NeverAgain, are you saying that the belief that "god is love" is what motivates you to live? This is the kind of testimony I am looking for. Yet you don't sound too sure.

Not exactly. I'm not the best with expressing myself here, what I meant by "for me, it's what gets me through the day..." I mean anything that helps to get me through this crazy life. Of course as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or myself. Hoping that there is a loving god can sometimes ease the pain of suffering. I was way more into "God" while in the bible cult & it took quite a few years to not base everything on "god" or religion. When I left the cult I realized my thinking had to be changed as "god" & bible religion was my reason for living while I was in the cult.

I was confused & disheartened when I left the bible cult. I tried different churches for a while, but the damage had been done. I realized I had to completely back off from christianity in all of it's shapes & forms. I hoped that "god" would understand that I needed to get away from it all & find my compass. I didn't even know who I was anymore...let alone "God".

It helped me to heal when I remembered my beliefs BEFORE I joined the cult & how I viewed life, which was very simple, I wanted to be the best I could be & not hurt anyone.

Before the cult, I had a belief in "god", but I wasn't constantly obsessed with "god's will" for my life...doing e v e r y t h i n g for "god's glory". Which of course, was the emphasis in the cult...I didn't matter or my family or our needs..but only "god" or the "church" was what was important. That religious dogma is a pressure cooker, at least it was for me.

Over time I couldn't even think my own thoughts...every thought I had was a damned bible verse or quoting the damned pastard.

My long winded point is that you need to give yourself time to think things through. You need time to heal & to grieve & to be angry & to figure things out...& the stuff you can't figure out, as the Beatles say "let it be.."

Many things motivate me to live...just being human & wanting to live the best life I can. Also my family motivates me to live good, my own drive to be the best I can be motivates me, wanting to leave some good in the world motivates me. Yes, even hope in a "god of love" can motivate me. (oh & the "I'll show them!!" is also a very good motivator for me as the cult leader, I'm sure wishes I would crawl under a rock, shut up & die,...& I'm still here! ph34r.png ) The thing about the cult is they offered security & certainty...you know, pastor has it ALL figured out, all of the answers we need are in the "bible" blah blah.....Wendystop.gif / NOT!

When we left the cult, the issues of life were no longer so certain. That's what I missed the most after leaving, the damned -certainty- but over time I'm OK with not knowing.

Maybe you can relate to this? Maybe not. To me it seems like you are looking for the certainty that the religion & belief in God offered you. Is this possibly what you are struggling with?

After living for years thinking I had "the truth" it was hard for me to accept that...there is so much that we just can not know.Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 2

Love can still be your god, Deny.

Is it yours, TrueFreedom? Or is this too much of a personal question?

Though I wouldn't consider it a god, it's what gets me through and what I believe is the most essential human desire (call it a need if you prefer). I'm happier when I act in loving ways towards others. It's something that you can give away and lose nothing, often receiving more back in return. I find much to praise about the different forms of love.

Hmm... interesting. Thank you, True.

You write: "Love is the most ESSENTIAL human desire." Do you feel that the majority of people agree with this? I'm sure 99.9% of Christians do.

You also write: "I find much to praise about the different forms of love." Praise is a synonym of worship, and I think it comes from the word PRAY. Not a god, eh? Maybe not an anthropomorphic god, but something invisible worthy of your praise, right? Worth spreading, to transform people and the world (converting?).

See where I'm getting?

So love IS definitely important when it comes to human happiness. It is essential. So love is It! Does everyone here agree? Do we have a consensus?

I'm glad you understood where I was going with that, Deny. I'm glad that it helped you.

I think that we're all making great points. And we all have a desire to love and be loved. And love is worthy of praise. :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you understood where I was going with that, Deny. I'm glad that it helped you.

I think that we're all making great points. And we all have a desire to love and be loved. And love is worthy of praise. smile.png

If there was a "love" church, would you go? :)

Yes! However now we get into what exactly "love" is? And in the cult, "love" was "keeping the commandments". I saw supposedly "loving" christian people do some serious hurtful & harmful things...

all in the name of "love". Wendyshrug.gifWendytwitch.gif

I think that we're all making great points. And we all have a desire to love and be loved. And love is worthy of praise. smile.png

If there was a "love" church, would you go? smile.png

Sure! Sign me up! Did any of them survive the 70s?

...the thing is that we look to all others to find 'balance' and love' and some are more on the 'darker' side, as still caught up in self-centeredness and in selfishness, etc. We expect them to give back to us what we want.. but they can't, cause they are 'not there' in that head space. They are not 'balanced' either!! So to expect love back from certain people living on the darker side of the coin, is living in a fantasy. There are givers in life and there are takers. The people who love too much are mostly quite 'needy' and need to step back a little (like me! wink.png ) and learn more balance, and the people who are 'takers' need to step up a little. (Balance)

If you are in 'balance', you will want to give your daughter her cake and present every year just to see the joy on her face and NOT get upset if you don't get anything in return. When we want something in return - we are not truly 'giving'. It's a shit hard lesson.........

I see your point. Love is fine in theory, but when it comes to practice, it's a different story. But I'm sure your wish is for everyone to love each other perfectly, right? So humanity should strive toward "more love" right?

So love is a god. We just have difficulty admitting it, probably because we hate the word "god". But essentially, our hearts are still leaning toward it.

I have to make corrections to my testimony. smile.png

• Like 1

Now, is the avatar going to be Eros or Cupid?

BTW: Though associated with love, they are both better translated "desire."

When we left the cult, the issues of life were no longer so certain. That's what I missed the most after leaving, the damned -certainty- but over time I'm OK with not knowing. Maybe you can relate to this? Maybe not. To me it seems like you are looking for the certainty that the religion & belief in God offered you. Is this possibly what you are struggling with?

After living for years thinking I had "the truth" it was hard for me to accept that...there is so much that we just can not know.Wendyshrug.gif

Well, I don't think I need certainty, well maybe...

Evidence is certainly important. Four or five witnesses from ex-christians agreeing on one thing would probably be enough to kickstart me in that direction.

• Like 1

Evidence is certainly important. Four or five witnesses from ex-christians agreeing on one thing would probably be enough to kickstart me in that direction.

Check out the developments in the Modern Deism, Nature's God thread while you're at it. A nice case for pantheism is presented. Perhaps we are all The Love God.

I see your point. Love is fine in theory, but when it comes to practice, it's a different story. But I'm sure your wish is for everyone to love each other perfectly, right? So humanity should strive toward "more love" right?

So love is a god. We just have difficulty admitting it, probably because we hate the word "god". But essentially, our hearts are still leaning toward it.

I have to make corrections to my testimony. smile.png

You are getting my point. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to say what I want to say. God is a made up dieity by man.... love on the other hand is needed greatly for our survival. I wouldn't call love a god, but I certainly would choose to call it, 'looking to make it a higher 'priority' or 'power' if one wants to 'serve' something as such.........

Holy Crap Marie!!! I feel your pain. Stay strong my friend.

• Like 2

You are getting my point. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to say what I want to say. God is a made up dieity by man.... love on the other hand is needed greatly for our survival. I wouldn't call love a god, but I certainly would choose to call it, 'looking to make it a higher 'priority' or 'power' if one wants to 'serve' something as such.........

According to the dictionary, the word "GOD" can mean: Something or someone particularly revered, worshipped, idealized, admired and/or followed.

I think the above defines exactly what love is: particularly revered, idealized, admired and followed by most ordinary, non-evil person. So I see no problem in calling it a god. It simplifies the whole question, instead of going around the bush trying to avoid the word. Let's be direct and honest and say it as it is. What do we love most? Love itself. Love is the god of noble people, we are noble, so love is our god.

Anyone who follows hatred is rejected. If I want to be accepted, I must follow love. Not because it's a commandment, but because this is what will make me happy.

• Like 3

According to the dictionary, the word "GOD" can mean: Something or someone particularly revered, worshipped, idealized, admired and/or followed.

I think the above defines exactly what love is: particularly revered, idealized, admired and followed by most ordinary, non-evil person. So I see no problem in calling it a god. It simplifies the whole question, instead of going around the bush trying to avoid the word. Let's be direct and honest and say it as it is. What do we love most? Love itself. Love is the god of noble people, we are noble, so love is our god.

Anyone who follows hatred is rejected. If I want to be accepted, I must follow love. Not because it's a commandment, but because this is what will make me happy.

Sweet jeeeeuuussss! I'm at my quota of giving points today!! ***** Preach it brother!!

When we left the cult, the issues of life were no longer so certain. That's what I missed the most after leaving, the damned -certainty- but over time I'm OK with not knowing. Maybe you can relate to this? Maybe not. To me it seems like you are looking for the certainty that the religion & belief in God offered you. Is this possibly what you are struggling with?

Well, I don't think I need certainty, well maybe...

Yep! :D I do hope Deny that you find happiness. Toxic religion does a number on people, you included & it's very difficult to recover from...some never question, doubt or leave. We are doing good considering we could have been drinking the Koolaid all of our lives. ;)

It's all a journey. funny in the cult it was mostly about the destination..."heaven"...now it's all about the journey & I like that sooo much more!

At least I'm allowing myself & my family to have some FUN since leaving the cult! :) I'm no longer on the perpetual guilt trip....

ahhh freedom!! woohoo.gif

• Like 2

Shall we allow Christians into our love cult? Many a Christian proclaims that God is love. Lovers of love, unite!

• Like 2

Shall we allow Christians into our love cult? Many a Christian proclaims that God is love. Lovers of love, unite!

Didn't they already try this in Onieda?

The Onieda community fulfilled their destiny by founding a fine silverware company. Who knows what we might be destined to become?

The Onieda community fulfilled their destiny by founding a fine silverware company. Who knows what we might be destined to become?

Well played, TF, well played. I see what u did there. ;)

• Like 1

Deny, I hope that you don't take any of this as poking fun (be nice, Ex-C brethren). I think uniting under the umbrella of love is a great idea. I will be happy to worship at the altar of love with any loving creature who cares to join me. :)

I watched her again. I'm ashamed. I know I shouldn't have. And it's not the first time. I'm such a bad ex-christian.

I was feeling depressed, the TV was right there in front of me, it was 8 a.m. I knew she was only a click away. "Just a glimpse" I thought, "I won't listen, really."

*Click*

First thing she said: "If you only knew how much God loves you, you wouldn't be so depressed. You can try loving God all you want, but until you get some kind of revelation of how much HE loves YOU, you will have no power." Shit, I watched the whole progam! I feel so bad. I remembered how happy I was when I believed that God loved me.

I started thinking: "All I have to do now is replace the word God with the word humans, and I will be happy again." But no, it doesn't work. It's not enough. Humans die, they lie, they pretend, their love is puny. I want big, eternal, all-powerful love. But it doesn't exist!

Or does it?

Ahhh! I'm sorry, please forgive me for having these thoughts. I'm so weak. I even thought of leaving this website and joining a christian one. Oh gawd, I'm slipping away. I have to stay strong. Shum-bala -wala-woola-bong-bong screams.gif

Sir, do you need an accountability partner? Just kidding. :-) There is no need for forgiveness. You are absolutely free to do whatever you like. :-)

Deny, I am soooo sorry that I am in hysterics right now. I cant stop laughing...your posts remind me so much of 'totalwreck''s and his do the same thing to me. He knows that. It's just the way you guys write, I guess............

OK - OK........I'm catching my breathe..... So, Joyce was preaching about if we only had a revelation of how much HE loves US? She obviously forgot to include all the fucking story!! PageofCupsNono.gif

I'm gonna just give you it straight from the beginning of the story in the first book of our 'Holy Book'.

God creates everything, I mean EVERYTHING, with his huge intelligence and fucks up his own plan with man, blames the man and curses him to the ground. Said our lives would be full of misery. Then he wipes out all his creation with a flood, tryin' so hard to fix his fucked up plan....

He even said himself that ,''It repenteth' me that I made man''!! Sweet jeeeeuuuusssss - he made us?? woohoo.gif

Then to make matters worse, he had to take his only begotten son and turn him into a human sacrifice.. to be beaten to a pulp by man and then hung on a cross to suffocate, and told us, that if we just believed in him, we could now be really saved from all our fucking faults, when he's the one who created us in the first place.!!!!!

Well this still isn't working,Wendyshrug.gif (he knew that!! Wendytwitch.gif ) so he is going to come back and create a 'blood bath' up to your knees, put his devil away for good and set up a whole new earth for us.

Indeed.....full of wonderful love for us.....

jesssuuuusssss.....don't get me dirty today!!!vent.gif

Go read BO's post on 'man-eating snakes'...why did god make man eating snakes???

http://www.ex-christ...-south-florida/

Please forgive the crass language in this post.....normally.....I am an angel most of the time....rolleyes.gif

I like the part where you say God creates everything then blames shit on us...which is his creation. I am going to have to remember that one for later!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I watched her again. I'm ashamed. I know I shouldn't have. And it's not the first time. I'm such a bad ex-christian.

I was feeling depressed, the TV was right there in front of me, it was 8 a.m. I knew she was only a click away. "Just a glimpse" I thought, "I won't listen, really."

*Click*

First thing she said: "If you only knew how much God loves you, you wouldn't be so depressed. You can try loving God all you want, but until you get some kind of revelation of how much HE loves YOU, you will have no power." Shit, I watched the whole progam! I feel so bad. I remembered how happy I was when I believed that God loved me.

I started thinking: "All I have to do now is replace the word God with the word humans, and I will be happy again." But no, it doesn't work. It's not enough. Humans die, they lie, they pretend, their love is puny. I want big, eternal, all-powerful love. But it doesn't exist!

Or does it?

Ahhh! I'm sorry, please forgive me for having these thoughts. I'm so weak. I even thought of leaving this website and joining a christian one. Oh gawd, I'm slipping away. I have to stay strong. Shum-bala -wala-woola-bong-bong screams.gif

Like a dog to its vomit.

We all do it.

You'll live.

Now log on to YouTube and get an earful of some good old Hitchens...he'll drill that Joyce right in the ass, and right out of your mind....though she is in your HEART, not your MIND....but you knew that, right? ;)

I do not envy the person drilling Joyce in the ass.