Goodbye Jesus

Forgive Me, I Watched Joyce Meyer

Denyoz

@TrueFreedom. No I have not read Mein Kampf.

There are other offenders in the world who have caused great suffering. Hitler is just up there on the list. I do not hate him. I feel he was one very sick minded individual.

To me it is irrelevant what his motives were and he had Christian background.

He Had some sick thinking to have caused such horrific suffering.

I can't subscribe to "at least he backed his action with Christian teaching"

Haven't there been other people who have done heinous things in the belief that it is what God wants. They interpret the religious teachings and twist things around to suit their own desires?

It's a big cop out. And does not fly with me.

Priests fiddling with altar boys. Oh but at least he motivates the people with Christian teachings.

Hitler was responsible for deaths of millions of people. Oh but at least he backed his action up with Christian teaching.

I would not say that to a Holocaust survivor.

I know you are trying to say that what Hitler "thought" he was doing was right but so do other dictators who order murder and torture.

Hitler was a cruel, manipulative opportunist. He managed to persuade many with reformed Christian arguments loaded with hatred for the people portrayed as Jesus-killers in scripture (the Jews insisted on crucifying him, after all). He remained a member of and a friend to the Roman Catholic church throughout his campaign. I don't have a source handy, but he is said to have stated, "As for the Jews, I am just carrying on with the same policy which the Catholic church has adopted for fifteen hundred years."

Is that a reason for us to forgive him? No. Could Jesus or Bible God forgive him? What's to forgive?

Denyoz: You leave for a few days and all hell breaks loose! Sorry for hijacking your post. Can we get back to worshiping Eros?

• Like 1

Is Hitler the worst offender that you can think of? Have you read Mein Kampf?

Are you defending Hitler? Are you serious?

I'm not defending Hitler, but people seem to forget that Joseph Stalin and Chairman Mao killed more people than Hitler did; those two made their people suffer so much more and for longer periods of time as well. I've never understood the Hitler comparisons. Come on, there is worse out there.

Love feels like love.

-----------------------------

Christ, l leave this thread and now it's all Hitler this, Mein Kamf that. See how quickly these love cults get nutty? And you guys didn't even create any silverware.

"God exists and he loves me." Why does this thought gives me so much comfort? Nothing else does. I fell asleep repeating this to myself last night.

Will I ever be a real atheist?

"God exists and he loves me." Why does this thought gives me so much comfort? Nothing else does. I fell asleep repeating this to myself last night.

Ya know Deny...there is no graduating to a certain level on EX-c. You do not need a label. You can just know that christianity itself is a false doctrine. If you are still searching for a god that sits well in your heart -there isn't a thing wrong with that. You do what you have to do right now.... Tell yourself...... 'I am a seeker right now''... nothing wrong with that................ Hug!!!!

• Like 2

You don't have to be an atheist, man.

I'm readin a book on NDE's right now, and it highly suggests an all loving "source".

I just know "that" isn't yahweh.

• Like 2

The cult of Eros is accepting applicants. cool.png

• Like 1

Hopefully, all of you are right. I don't know why I continue feeling like believing in a love source is a weakness. I just feel like true atheists are highly intelligent and in control and I wish I was like that. Holding on to this unprovable belief makes me feel inferior and semi-christian.

Where is Eros? What's his address so I can send my application?

Hopefully, all of you are right. I don't know why I continue feeling like believing in a love source is a weakness. I just feel like true atheists are highly intelligent and in control and I wish I was like that. Holding on to this unprovable belief makes me feel inferior and semi-christian.

Deny, as far as leadership and being able to answer everybody's questions, the cult of intellectualism is not much different from any other cult. Nobody has all of the answers. We are all survival machines, trying to live well and take care of our own. We're not all atheists. I've known a few atheists who were less mature and had less of what I find important figured out than a lot of fundies that I know.

Enjoy the journey. No rush! smile.png

• Like 3

Deny, I don't consider myself an atheist, just an EX-Christian. You aren't alone many of us have hope of something good - out there - I don't know what I believe & I don't really care anymore

about that for myself. When I was a fundy xian it was all about "what do you believe!?" and I realize it doesn't matter. But I still hope in a loving presence, deity, god, whatever.

I really hope to see my loved ones who have passed on...but I might not & whatever happens I guess I don't have much choice in the matter.

But I do hope for something better than this......

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can understand why you watched Joyce. I watched part of a Creflo Dollar sermon D: I just miss that 'God' feeling you get sometimes. That you're part of a bigger purpose and you're eternally loved.

I definitely don't believe in the God of the Bible, but I believe in something bigger than me. And, that thought makes me feel whole. Glad to know I'm not the only one (:

• Like 2

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can understand why you watched Joyce. I watched part of a Creflo Dollar sermon D: I just miss that 'God' feeling you get sometimes. That you're part of a bigger purpose and you're eternally loved.

I definitely don't believe in the God of the Bible, but I believe in something bigger than me. And, that thought makes me feel whole. Glad to know I'm not the only one (:

Are you holding on to this because you think there's legitimate evidence to support that belief, or just because it gives you the fuzzies?

Are you holding on to this because you think there's legitimate evidence to support that belief, or just because it gives you the fuzzies?

....The warm fuzzies.... I honestly haven't seen any proof. 

....The warm fuzzies.... I honestly haven't seen any proof. 

Well you're honest.

I'm not saying there's zero proof, but yeah, I haven't seen any that couldnt also be explained by something else more rational. Occams razor and all that.

Pretty much the only thing that keeps me from being a 100% atheist is NDE's.

That makes me wonder. But I lean towards thinking its a natural brain trip upon death.

Well you're honest.   

I'm not saying there's zero proof, but yeah, I haven't seen any that couldnt also be explained by something else more rational.  Occams razor and all that.  

That makes me wonder.  But I lean towards thinking its a natural brain trip upon death.

Yeah, NDEs are what keep me around too. It snuggly fits into the whole Christianity God is love thing too. But, I think I read somewhere that its a chemical the brain releases when it is dying.

Well you're honest.   

I'm not saying there's zero proof, but yeah, I haven't seen any that couldnt also be explained by something else more rational.  Occams razor and all that.  

That makes me wonder.  But I lean towards thinking its a natural brain trip upon death.

Yeah, NDEs are what keep me around too. It snuggly fits into the whole Christianity God is love thing too. But, I think I read somewhere that its a chemical the brain releases when it is dying.

Exactly. DMT is the chemical. Who knows. I just read a book by the doctor who was the first one to do an in depth study of nde's in the US and it was frustrating bc I finally get to the end of the book ad basically, "I don't know" was the findings.

Oh and JMO but xianity doesn't equal "god is love" to me at least. OT god was a straight up dick at times, but at least he only punished you in life which is brief. Xian god throws your ass in hell for eternity. NOW you tell me which is worse?

lol

• Super Moderator

I don't consider myself an atheist, just an EX-Christian. You aren't alone many of us have hope of something good - out there - I don't know what I believe & I don't really care anymore about that for myself.

Although I do consider myself an atheist, this actually sums it up better for me:

from Urban Dictionary

IGNOSTIC

One who professes ignorance on the knowledge of whether or not anygods exist, or even what the term means. It is a play on the words "ignorant" (to lack knowledge) and "gnostic," (knowledge pertaining to gods).

Ignosticism is sometimes compared to theological noncognitivism, and while one may be both an ignostic and a theological noncognitivist, they aren't mutually inclusive. It is also often compared to agnosticism, andnontheism in general. Most ignostics would be categorized as "weak" or "negative" atheists.

Theist: "Do you believe in God?"

Ignostic: "What is 'God'?"

• Like 2

I don't consider myself an atheist, just an EX-Christian. You aren't alone many of us have hope of something good - out there - I don't know what I believe & I don't really care anymore about that for myself.

Although I do consider myself an atheist, this actually sums it up better for me:

from Urban Dictionary

IGNOSTIC

One who professes ignorance on the knowledge of whether or not anygods exist, or even what the term means. It is a play on the words "ignorant" (to lack knowledge) and "gnostic," (knowledge pertaining to gods).

Ignosticism is sometimes compared to theological noncognitivism, and while one may be both an ignostic and a theological noncognitivist, they aren't mutually inclusive. It is also often compared to agnosticism, andnontheism in general. Most ignostics would be categorized as "weak" or "negative" atheists.

Theist: "Do you believe in God?"

Ignostic: "What is 'God'?"

Thanks!! I'll check these out. :)