Goodbye Jesus

New Here

antix

Oh, I think I get the picture, Mcdaddy. I see someone that doesn't see or understand the true implications of Christianity.

My assumption is he sees them as not true to how he sees the spirit of his faith. And I'll bet you bottom line is that he sees us in our rejection of them as in fact more true to that than they are.

You know how many times I've heard members on this site say over the years how much more true and free to genuinely love others they experience now that they're no longer Christians? Countless. I always mused also saying "I'm more a Christian now that I'm not one, than I ever was when I was one". It's my bet he hears that sincerity that we actually place that first in our lives, and we hold no idols sacred that challenge that, even a belief in a petty, jealous God. That makes us more 'saved' than any Christian, and that he ironically sees us as more "Christian" than Christians, IMHO.

LMAO I just posted on this above (I am reading the posts backwards)

Antixtianxtian: I am having a difficult time welcoming you to this site. I can't figure out why you are here.

Do you think the behavior of the followers and the religion/philosophy have no connection?

These Christians you object to so much (judgmental and proselytizing) have a Biblical mandate to do just that. If you admit this is so, why the objection? And if not why not? Why are you still one of them?

No mandate to be judgemental at all. I guess I have my own beliefs and I use to think like those people but over time have changed (slowly). I am not bashing Jesus or Christianity, but the so called followers and especially the televangelists and people who are zealots for a cause (anti abortion, pro war, anti gay) and use a verse or 2 out of the Bible to try and back up their beliefs.

That makes you guys more christian than most so called christians.

No thanks. I don't accept that label.

That makes you guys more christian than most so called christians.

No thanks. I don't accept that label.

How about that makes you a better person than the so called xians.

I don't accept comparisons with Christians.

hi antix, if you are conflicted, just leave :) i dont think u can be a christian and have a downer on xians at the same time. Cheers adam

Me thinks Antix is just dismissing the parts he doesn't like and using the parts he does like.

No, no, no Antix! You can't be like Tom Jefferson and cut and paste your own bible!!

• Like 1

Welcome and just keep on criticizing and we'll just keep on agreeing with you.

I am wondering if this is why you are here Antixianxian. Please forgive me if I am being impolite all, but I am a little confused by and skeptical of a proclaimed Christian who comes to an ex-Christian website to bash other Christians.

Not impolite at all. I am not bashing the Bible, I am bashing the so called followers. Large difference in my opinion.

So, Antixianxian, you question and object to the way some Christians behave. You and I are in agreement there. From your statement then, are you implying that you do not question or object to the Bible? It sounds to me as though you think there is a big difference between what the Bible says and the way Christians behave. Am I understanding you correctly?

(I am asking this because this is in the Colosseum section and not the Christian Life section.)

Basically, yes!

Well, Christian behavior of that sort is not totally un-Biblical. Some of these people you talk about in your posts have gone overboard with their zealotry, but that is the type of thing Jesus encourages. That is a big reason why I am an ex-Christian. The people I went to church with were perfect examples of what people who believe in and live according to "God's Word" are like, and I couldn't stand them.

You can't really separate the behavior from the belief. The Christian beliefs cause these crazy types of "Christian" behavior. In fact, the more Biblical you get, the crazier you get! Hopefully if you stay around here you will begin to see that for yourself.

I am wondering if this is why you are here Antixianxian. Please forgive me if I am being impolite all, but I am a little confused by and skeptical of a proclaimed Christian who comes to an ex-Christian website to bash other Christians.

Not impolite at all. I am not bashing the Bible, I am bashing the so called followers. Large difference in my opinion.

So, Antixianxian, you question and object to the way some Christians behave. You and I are in agreement there. From your statement then, are you implying that you do not question or object to the Bible? It sounds to me as though you think there is a big difference between what the Bible says and the way Christians behave. Am I understanding you correctly?

(I am asking this because this is in the Colosseum section and not the Christian Life section.)

Basically, yes!

Well, Christian behavior of that sort is not totally un-Biblical. Some of these people you talk about in your posts have gone overboard with their zealotry, but that is the type of thing Jesus encourages. That is a big reason why I am an ex-Christian. The people I went to church with were perfect examples of what people who believe in and live according to "God's Word" are like, and I couldn't stand them.

You can't really separate the behavior from the belief. The Christian beliefs cause these crazy types of "Christian" behavior. In fact, the more Biblical you get, the crazier you get! Hopefully if you stay around here you will begin to see that for yourself.

Seems from what I have seen, Christians from other parts of the planet are sooooo different. No offense intended to anyone, but I have to ask: Is US christianity more of an extension of redneck politics as opposed to what the Bible actually says?

I can't believe we're talking about the same book here. You don't see MAJOR MAJOR problems with it?

Seems from what I have seen, Christians from other parts of the planet are sooooo different. No offense intended to anyone, but I have to ask: Is US christianity more of an extension of redneck politics as opposed to what the Bible actually says?

In some ways, it is, but in other ways, they really can back up their idiocy with idiocy from the bible. Abraham's god is rather xenophobic, and it's not unreasonable for a Christian to justify being nasty to pagans for "idol worship", just for one example.

It's kind of chicken and egg, really, when it comes to redneck politics and the bible. I mean, rednecks aren't that smart, and at the least, someone read the bible to them. It's not hard to see many policies they love coming from the bible.

In some ways, it is, but in other ways, they really can back up their idiocy with idiocy from the bible. Abraham's god is rather xenophobic, and it's not unreasonable for a Christian to justify being nasty to pagans for "idol worship", just for one example.

It's kind of chicken and egg, really, when it comes to redneck politics and the bible. I mean, rednecks aren't that smart, and at the least, someone read the bible to them. It's not hard to see many policies they love coming from the bible.

There was a prediction by social scientists 25 yrs ago that the crime wave in the US would be 100 fold worse than what it is now. They actually found the reason it was not: Abortions minimized the unwanted from being born: the unwanted who usually turn to crime. I would like any board christians to respond to this.

I can't believe we're talking about the same book here. You don't see MAJOR MAJOR problems with it?

I see major problems with the followers and bullshit interpretations of the book

There was a prediction by social scientists 25 yrs ago that the crime wave in the US would be 100 fold worse than what it is now. They actually found the reason it was not: Abortions minimized the unwanted from being born: the unwanted who usually turn to crime. I would like any board christians to respond to this.

That.....did not address what I talked about at all.

Basically, yes!

Christians from other parts of the planet don't have anything to do with what we are talking about here. You bring up the things people here in the US do, I say it fits with the belief system based on the Bible, and then you say other people are different. This doesn't relate.

I see major problems with the followers and bullshit interpretations of the book

Oh, I see. If people just interpreted the Bible like you do, or the right way, everyone would be nice and not do weird stuff.

Oh. Gawd, you are fucking blind as a bat. This sham of a debate is pointless an a waste of all of our fucking time.

I am giving you my views, I am sorry I cannot debate how you want me to

Oh, I see. If people just interpreted the Bible like you do, or the right way, everyone would be nice and not do weird stuff.

Nope, who knows the right way? I do not claim to.

I've seen you posting in several threads. And the common theme in your posts is that when difficult questions get asked, you avoid addressing the point or go off on a tangent. If that's what you gotta do to keep your faith intact, then I guess that's your own personal struggle. But don't expect anybody to be impressed with or convinced by it.

• Like 1

I've seen you posting in several threads. And the common theme in your posts is that when difficult questions get asked, you avoid addressing the point or go off on a tangent. If that's what you gotta do to keep your faith intact, then I guess that's your own personal struggle. But don't expect anybody to be impressed with or convinced by it.

Ask me a specific question and I will be happy to answer.

Guest Valk0010

Yep yep that is what they all say.

EVERYONE IS WRONG BUT I AM RIGHT. I HAVE NO FORMAL EDUCATION BUT CAN MAKE SWEEPING JUDGEMENTS AGAINST THE HIGHEST ORDERED OFFICIALS OF MY OWN RELIGION.

And you say you're not arrogant.

Highest ordered officials. Calling yourself a pastor or bishop means nothing

According to....you? It means they know their religion inside and out. They've devoted their lives to studying it. Just bc you have a different opinion doesn't make them wrong.