Goodbye Jesus

New Here

antix

... If anything we've elevated it to a debate.

Hard to tell. On a more serious note. If I am sitting at a table with some married couple, lusting over the wife, you really wish me to believe I have the best interest of the couple in mind? And that I can perfectly respond with my big head that will facilitate such? REALLY?

If mod can, why hasn't he? If mod hasn't, why call him mod?

Was that a play on Epicurus? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I don't know why the mods do not patrol the Coliseum with greater vigilance. They are either unwilling or unable.

Yes, and a point regarding misdirected blame...

Misdirected blame? Would you care to expand on that?

On a more serious note. If I am sitting at a table with some married couple, lusting over the wife, you really wish me to believe I have the best interest of the couple in mind? And that I can perfectly respond with my big head that will facilitate such? REALLY?

There's a time and a place for everything...

Your heightened expectations were due to the misplacement of the OP, not the resulting sub-dialectic.

Hard to tell. On a more serious note. If I am sitting at a table with some married couple, lusting over the wife, you really wish me to believe I have the best interest of the couple in mind? And that I can perfectly respond with my big head that will facilitate such? REALLY?

So long as you do not get a woody, no one will be any the wiser :)

Get over yourself already. If you never have any lustful thoughts, no matter how fleeting, over anyone that isn't your spouse, then congratulations, you're about the only guy on the planet that doesn't. I'm sure Jesus will tell you what a fantastic job you did resisting temptation when you die.

If it was misplaced then it should have been moved.

Who is responsible for moving it? Can you move it?

If you can and you haven't, you are a hypocrite.

If you can't, who can?

If not I, why rail against me?

If mod can, why hasn't he? If mod hasn't, why call him mod?

Funny!!

DP

Get over yourself already. If you never have any lustful thoughts, no matter how fleeting, over anyone that isn't your spouse, then congratulations, you're about the only guy on the planet that doesn't. I'm sure Jesus will tell you what a fantastic job you did resisting temptation when you die.

Who's backing up now idiot.

Your heightened expectations were due to the misplacement of the OP, not the resulting sub-dialectic.

You seem to be mistaking me for someone who cares. I no longer care about the Coliseum. I just want to be among those who point out that it has no special function. It might as well be an adjunct to the Lion's Den. I want to be among those who rub your noses in your excrement.

Capiche?

You seem to be mistaking me for someone who cares. I no longer care about the Coliseum. I just want to be among those who point out that it has no special function. It might as well be an adjunct to the Lion's Den. I want to be among those who rub your noses in your excrement.

Capiche?

If you don't care, why do you rattle on about it? And what excrement have I left here that you have supposedly rubbed my nose in? You can be such a pompous dickhead. You scream out to be ignored and will likely get what you ask for rather than what you obviously desire.

Huh????

I truly don't know what you mean by this.

If you don't care, why do you rattle on about it?

I've got a few minutes to kill.

And what excrement have I left here that you have supposedly rubbed my nose in?

I meant a plural you. You all. Not you as an individual.

You can be such a pompous dickhead.

I agree. I'm working on it.

You scream out to be ignored and will likely get what you ask for rather than what you obviously desire.

:HaHa:

If you know my desires, then I find that fairly amazing.

Huh????

Look dude, I lust regularly and it pretty much displays the dichotomy of this world. If you say you are capable of choosing the correct choice in your actions post thoughts in the opposite direction, the f'n hooray for you, you are perfect, you need no Christ. It's just that position is foolhardy. What else do I need to say that you might understand.

Can you not see that this is what the Bible i.e Christ is saying??? It's an absolute sir. We are incapable of absolute morality or even defining such.

Huh????

Look dude, I lust regularly and it pretty much displays the dichotomy of this world. If you say you are capable of choosing the correct choice in your actions post thoughts in the opposite direction, the f'n hooray for you, you are perfect, you need no Christ. It's just that position is foolhardy. What else do I need to say that you might understand.

Can you not see that this is what the Bible i.e Christ is saying??? It's an absolute sir. We are incapable of absolute morality or even defining such.

The god of the bible is incapable of sticking to his own absolute morality.

Thou shalt not murder.

Now go kill those dickheads in Canaan.

• Like 1

Okay, and exactly how often do you actually follow through on that lust? Hmmmm? Probably just as often as I do, which is never.

You are exactly proving my point: Thoughts do not equal actions taken. As human beings, we have a great degree of control over the actions we take. We do not follow through on every thought that the "lizard" (that is, the instinct only) portion of our brains comes up with.

I'm not claiming I'm anything special here. All humans do this in some form or other, whether you're talking about sexual thoughts or other thoughts that are less than nice. It's called being a human being.

Telling people that every bad thought they think is now as bad as actually committing some heinous act and is deserving of eternal punishment is not just stupid, it's cruel to the extreme. It's like telling people that it's wrong to take a shit.

Scripture also testifies that the law was given so that transgressions would increase. Even if there's something that someone doesn't already desire, if you tell them they aren't allowed to have it, or aren't allowed to do it, what's going to happen? You've provided a temptation! Wait--I thought God didn't tempt man... Now I have to worry about lusting, and that will make me think more about lusting, since I need to remember not to do it. What now?! Now I'm lusting! And it's all God's fault!

Hey mods? You there?

Since the Coliseum no longer means anything, may I do what I want in here?

I still stand by all of my statements I've made in this thread. If any mods or admins feel I have broken the rules, or even the spirit of the rules, for The Colosseum, then feel free to warn, suspend, or ban me. And just because I make my points using humor does not make the points themselves any less valid. I often make jokes that also make serious points. Sometimes people don't understand that, but that's just too bad.

I got your point, and I don't consider it just mindless attacking. That said, I would prefer the language was kept a little more 'elevated' as others called it in this forum. Sexually graphic language is a bit unnecessary to make the point.

BTW, if members have complaints about posts they should use the report function if they feel it's necessary. I'm tired of these threads getting into debates about other members, or the moderation staff upholding the so-called 'rules'. That's not the purpose of these discussion topics. I'm just going to start deleting those posts and warning those members if it continues. Thanks.

I still stand by all of my statements I've made in this thread. If any mods or admins feel I have broken the rules, or even the spirit of the rules, for The Colosseum, then feel free to warn, suspend, or ban me. And just because I make my points using humor does not make the points themselves any less valid. I often make jokes that also make serious points. Sometimes people don't understand that, but that's just too bad.

I got your point, and I don't consider it just mindless attacking. That said, I would prefer keep the language was kept a little more 'elevated' as others called it in this forum. Sexually graphic language is a bit unnecessary to make the point.

BTW, if members have complaints about posts they should use the report function if they feel it's necessary. I'm tired of these threads getting into debates about other members or the moderation staff upholding the so-called 'rules'. That's not the purpose of these discussion topics. I'm just going to start deleting those posts and warning those members if it continues. Thanks.

Thanks. I won't redact what I've already written, but I won't write similar comments in The Colosseum again.

I got your point, and I don't consider it just mindless attacking. That said, I would prefer keep the language was kept a little more 'elevated' as others called it in this forum. Sexually graphic language is a bit unnecessary to make the point.

BTW, if members have complaints about posts they should use the report function if they feel it's necessary. I'm tired of these threads getting into debates about other members or the moderation staff upholding the so-called 'rules'. That's not the purpose of these discussion topics. I'm just going to start deleting those posts and warning those members if it continues. Thanks.

Thanks. I won't redact what I've already written, but I won't write similar comments in The Colosseum again.

That's cool. I know it does tend to jar some when hitting that in this forum.