Goodbye Jesus

Awesome Prophetic Song! Wanted To Share...

Victory2011

thanks for making me throw up! I'd had a bit too much to eat for lunch and was looking for a way to get rid of the excess food. Just hearing 3 seconds of that asshole did it! Thank YOU!! ROFL

Uh, Raoul... Listen to it again. The song isn't pro-religion.

Sorry - I never got to the song - as soon as I saw Robertson it was like looking at a 7 foot kangaroo and I split!! LOL

thanks for making me throw up! I'd had a bit too much to eat for lunch and was looking for a way to get rid of the excess food. Just hearing 3 seconds of that asshole did it! Thank YOU!! ROFL

Uh, Raoul... Listen to it again. The song isn't pro-religion.

Sorry - I never got to the song - as soon as I saw Robertson it was like looking at a 7 foot kangaroo and I split!! LOL

That's understandable. The guy turns my stomach, too. But I do like the song :)

as long as we are sharing anti-christian songs I've always liked this one.

Well, the "song" in the OP sucked. I guess it could be called a song, due to the fact that there was some kind of "singing" in it. Whatever floats your boat, mister Christian dude.

From what I can see, some people here are still Christians..or maybe they are on the fence. The song moved me, so maybe it will move someone else too. You never know. I felt compelled to share it. I think I am allowed to post in the Lion's Den like this. Never underestimate the power of music.

Thank you for loving us enough to come in and share.

I am saved.

Your work here is done.

• Like 1

Or maybe you'll like this one better:

That was GREAT!!! And had a super beat!

LIKE +1

Springy G's semi-objective musical analysis of OP:

• Starts with New Age-style warbling, which is always a red flag when looking for a decent tune
  • Barely coherent lyrics drowned out by special effects
  • Silly subjective spoken-word crap
  • Mediocre singing.
  • Overlong; lacks any decent songwriting sensibilities.
  • First section is a dreary 1-chord woo-woo riff; later morphs into pseudo-NuMetal IV-V-vi progression with entirely too much echo.

I give it D-, and that's being charitable. Essentially it's glurge set to music.

• Like 2

From what I can see, some people here are still Christians..or maybe they are on the fence. The song moved me, so maybe it will move someone else too. You never know. I felt compelled to share it. I think I am allowed to post in the Lion's Den like this. Never underestimate the power of music.

There are only about 3 (?) believers here Victory, sorry to break it to you. sad.png

I liked the song. It's a bit too long and could use some editing but I heard what you heard. All the lyrics could drop away and I am sure I understand what you heard.

Listen to mine and see if I am right.

We are nothing but a breath in time --London

Sound theology here:

[media=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2pJp9ACg8][/media]

Could totally get down with this shit.

Thank you for loving us enough to come in and share.

I am saved.

Your work here is done.

ROFL!!!

Talking about an immaculate confection.

• Like 1

Try this one! Warning - folk music. Holly Near to be precise!

Springy G's semi-objective musical analysis of OP:

• Starts with New Age-style warbling, which is always a red flag when looking for a decent tune
  • Barely coherent lyrics drowned out by special effects
  • Silly subjective spoken-word crap
  • Mediocre singing.
  • Overlong; lacks any decent songwriting sensibilities.
  • First section is a dreary 1-chord woo-woo riff; later morphs into pseudo-NuMetal IV-V-vi progression with entirely too much echo.

I give it D-, and that's being charitable. Essentially it's glurge set to music.

It made your typical wishy washy christian ballad sound awesome.

Hi Guys,

Have not been on here for a while. I wanted to share a song that my church played last week during worship. I felt the Holy Spirit move so intensely during this song. I know it is not just the song, but it is an amazing song. It always brings me closer to God each time I hear it. It is almost 13 minutes long, so brace yourself. It starts off slow, but it speeds up, I promise.

I just thought maybe some of you would benefit from listening to it. It really takes you to new places. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose smile.png

Listened to it and didn't like it. Glad it helped the Holy Spirit do it's thang for you.

I really need to get on and design the pic of a plate, an ass and a hand for signifying having your ass handed to you on a silver platter.

Oh, and Victory2011, when you say this song is "prophetic," what exactly do you mean by that? I listened to several minutes of it (there was no way I was listening to over twelve minutes of that vomit), and it didn't seem to offer any predictions or actual wisdom, but was just composed of random religious-sounding phrases. I don't think "prophetic" means what you seem to think it means, or what you want it to mean.

EDIT: Or has the word "prophecy" been dumbed down by Christians in the same way that "miracle" has? It used to be that miracles were things like parting the Red Sea, but now they're just things like curing headaches and helping people find their car keys. Does "prophecy" now just mean any vaguely spiritual-sounding kissing of God's ass?

• Like 2

It's a very pretty song, Victory2011. I don't feel any spirits, but I did like it very much and found it moving. :)

Duende by Delerium gives me the chills:

Adore Delerium! They are also related to Front Line Assembly, Conjure One and Synaesthesia. And anything by Michael Cretu (Enigma's creator).

Adore Delerium! They are also related to Front Line Assembly, Conjure One and Synaesthesia. And anything by Michael Cretu (Enigma's creator).

Agree. Enigma (as bdp says) rules (too).

I'm always moved to religious conversion by songs with crucifixions in the them with a positive happy message. Who isn't? How about it? Everybody sing now....

This one is really awesome. I would also suggest anything by Above & Beyond.