Goodbye Jesus

Higgs Boson: Found

BrotherJosh

Allegedly...ha I drew you in with that title didn't I? wink.png

Scientists believe the "God particle" that might explain the underpinnings of the universe is real, and they are about to present their evidence to the world.

Physicists at the world's biggest atom smasher plan to announce Wednesday that they have nearly confirmed the primary plank of a theory that could shape the scientific understanding of all matter.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_SWITZERLAND_GOD_PARTICLE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-02-14-39-37

Yes, but what does the Bible have to say about the subject? I'm sure this will confirm something written by Moses in the creation account thousands of years ago.

(On a more serious note, that's really cool news. Now if only scientists could figure out what the heck dark matter actually is.)

Yes, but what does the Bible have to say about the subject? I'm sure this will confirm something written by Moses in the creation account thousands of years ago.

(On a more serious note, that's really cool news. Now if only scientists could figure out what the heck dark matter actually is.)

That made me chuckle.

Thanks for the comedy gold, T2MbY.

Can someone please explain (in extremely simple terms) what the God particle is.

It's some really small shit.

One ecstatic scientist was heard to say "We knew we had the right particle because, despite its very tiny size, it was extremely angry, and it kept demanding we utterly destroy the Amalekites."

mwc

XD

Can someone please explain (in extremely simple terms) what the God particle is.

It's a very, very small elementary particle that would explain how the energy released from the Big Bang then gained it's mass i.e turned into matter. It is one of the last puzzle pieces of the Standard Model of physics.

• Like 1

It's a very, very small elementary particle that would explain how the energy released from the Big Bang then gained it's mass i.e turned into matter. It is one of the last puzzle pieces of the Standard Model of physics.

Last time someone said we discovered all of physics we ended up getting quantum mechanics and special relativity lol.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Last time someone said we discovered all of physics we ended up getting quantum mechanics and special relativity lol.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

No one is saying that, nor do I remember saying it. There's still Quantum chromodynamics, gravity and the electroweak interaction, among others. Also, the SM isn't accepted by anyone as being a complete theory of everything, which you seem to be thinking it is? It deals with the dynamics of sub atomic particles and doesn't incorporate, for example, the physics of dark energy.

Yea, and that quantum mechanics sure fell through. What a dumb idea!

• Like 1

No one is saying that, nor do I remember saying it. There's still Quantum chromodynamics, gravity and the electroweak interaction, among others. Also, the SM isn't accepted by anyone as being a complete theory of everything, which you seem to be thinking it is? It deals with the dynamics of sub atomic particles and doesn't incorporate, for example, the physics of dark energy.

Yea, and that quantum mechanics sure fell through. What a dumb idea!

Calm your horse i was just making a joke, i never accused you of anything.

And no i dont consider the standard model to be the theory of everything, just a joke.

The HIggs boson (you will find that most scientist hate the term "god" particle) is the final fundemantal particle predicted by the Standard Model of physics. The Higgs boson is the particle responsible for mass.

The HIggs boson (you will find that most scientist hate the term "god" particle) is the final fundemantal particle predicted by the Standard Model of physics. The Higgs boson is the particle responsible for mass.

I heard it was originally called the "goddamn particle" but shortened to god particle for obvious reasons.

Damn, you got me all excited! Oh well.

One ecstatic scientist was heard to say "We knew we had the right particle because, despite its very tiny size, it was extremely angry, and it kept demanding we utterly destroy the Amalekites."

mwc

Oh mwc! Thanks so much!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifyelrotflmao.giflaugh.png

I've finally picked myself up from the floor (where I've been rolling around, helpless with laughter) , wiped my eyes and got back to the keyboard. Even if the Higgs hasn't been found, what a brilliant riposte!

Kudos and high fives to you, my friend! smile.png

BAA.

• Like 3

Guest Babylonian Dream

Ah, didn't realize there was already an article on this. Now we have two posted. This is exciting news. For being called 'the god particle', its way more exciting than any god or religion.

mwc

Oh mwc! Thanks so much!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifyelrotflmao.giflaugh.png

I've finally picked myself up from the floor (where I've been rolling around, helpless with laughter) , wiped my eyes and got back to the keyboard. Even if the Higgs hasn't been found, what a brilliant riposte!

Kudos and high fives to you, my friend! smile.png

BAA.

Someone should put it on reddit/atheism. Gold!

Now if I understand this correctly, the Higgs Boson is what gives subatomic particles their weight and mass. If physicists prove it's existence beyond a shadow of a doubt, I wonder if a few years down the road we'll see the Higgs Boson Diet on the bestseller list. yelrotflmao.gif

• Like 2

Just read a good comment on the Nat.Geographic page re: the Higgs.

"The Son of God was bad enough. Now we have the Boson of God!"

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

BAA.

• Like 1

I was waiting for this......This was provided to me a few months ago as evidence for creation by a friend. I forwarded it on to him.

I can only hope that if the physicists find these elusive particles, then they may be inclined to stop chasing particles.

I can only hope that if the physicists find these elusive particles, then they may be inclined to stop chasing particles.

It's like a dog chasing a car.

When they catch it, what the fuck will they do with it? lol

I know, massive oversimplification.

Yeah, pretty much. It's quite ingeniously retarded in my opinion. I mean, they can't be misguided, right? Because they get paid to do it.

You know? Like people have never made money doing stupid shit.

Yeah, pretty much. It's quite ingeniously retarded in my opinion. I mean, they can't be misguided, right? Because they get paid to do it.

You know? Like people have never made money doing stupid shit.

But maybe it opens up a wealth of information that launches us into an era of sustainable energy and unparallelled prosperity.

Or a black hole.

Meh.