Goodbye Jesus

Thank You Ex-C

Legion

Guys, I know I often play the fool. But I wanted to take a moment to thank you. I want to express my deep gratitude to you. All of you.

Please let me tell you why.

I'm a man of solitude. I generally prefer it. It has been a great boon for me. I have benefitted from my solitude in many ways. But it has also had its downside. Primary among these is that my social acumen has been neglected.

But I think just from the relatively sensually impoverished interactions that I've had with you guys online, has bestowed upon me a greater social adeptness. Not that I am yet adept, just that I'm getting better.

And so... Thank you.

sincerely

• Like 3

I'm a bit surprised to read such a post from you but what the heck... :3:

Glad to have helped ;)

You'll have to forgive my suspicion, but I've seen you flip flop from nice to mean-spirited far too many times. In my estimation, you need to earn respect around here, not buy it with these out of character posts as I've primarily seen you using the board to work out your anger at the expense of other members, not work on your social skills as you suggest here.

• Like 2

I'm a bit surprised to read such a post from you...

Hmh... surprised? I have a rich inner experience which would be impossible for me to share completely. I suspect the same is true of you mighty Thurisaz.

... I've seen you flip flop from nice to mean-spirited far too many times.

Ah yes, I imagine you have. I'm fairly certain that I possess a relatively high degree of emotional lability. But, I do believe that my self-awareness and self-control is improving.

Legion, you were one of my first friends on this site. Recently you decided to end that friendship because I refused to answer one of your questions. Why have you been so hard to deal with lately?

Legion, you were one of my first friends on this site. Recently you decided to end that friendship because I refused to answer one of your questions. Why have you been so hard to deal with lately?

Well Deva, two things here. But I will only speak of one of them. My end of things. I will not here speak of yours.

I've been under immense stress here in meatspace. I won't go into details. But suffice to say, I've been bombarded, this past year or so, along nearly every dimension that people possess. And I've not always behaved well under it.

You're my brother in the human race.

So we're brothers.

And I cannot do anything but love that who is my brother.

You're ok in my book dude.

Stop trying to convert the leftists tho. :HaHa:

Stop trying to convert the leftists tho. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

:HaHa:

Uh... well, I'm not interested in "converting" Leftists. I'm more interested in defeating the more extreme spectrum of Leftist ideology. However, I can agree with you if you assert that I need to demonstrate greater wisdom in the choice of battles, if I hope to have any degree of success at all.

...Uh... well, I'm not interested in "converting" Leftists. I'm more interested in defeating the more extreme spectrum of Leftist ideology...

Well that's basically a good idea. Extremists always deserve a bitchslap :P

It might be a good idea to make it more understandable that you aim for the extreme end of the spectrum though. There are assholes and good folks on both sides of the political / economical spectrum (inasmuch as there still is a meaningful spectrum, which I often doubt these days). ;)

...Uh... well, I'm not interested in "converting" Leftists. I'm more interested in defeating the more extreme spectrum of Leftist ideology...

Well that's basically a good idea. Extremists always deserve a bitchslap tongue.png

Ah! Agreed. It seems to me that a large part of the "problem" is that those on the political Right refuse to police their own. And so does the Left.

You know what I mean?

These sites are great for initial help, but eventually more real life social interactions are pretty great (once you get over phobias).

• Like 1

...It seems to me that a large part of the "problem" is that those on the political Right refuse to police their own. And so does the Left.

You know what I mean?

I think so. Kind of like the moderate christians who may be rather okay basically (they still believe some weird things but at least they aren't normally pushing them on others) but don't do anything against their totally-off-the-deep-end morontheist brethren. They occasional voice their displeasure with their radical folks but that's it. No real action taken. :Hmm:

...It seems to me that a large part of the "problem" is that those on the political Right refuse to police their own. And so does the Left.

You know what I mean?

I think so. Kind of like the moderate christians who may be rather okay basically (they still believe some weird things but at least they aren't normally pushing them on others) but don't do anything against their totally-off-the-deep-end morontheist brethren. They occasional voice their displeasure with their radical folks but that's it. No real action taken. KatieHmm.gif

Exactly! Exactly!

Your all right in my book legion

• Like 1

Well Deva, two things here. But I will only speak of one of them. My end of things. I will not here speak of yours.

I've been under immense stress here in meatspace. I won't go into details. But suffice to say, I've been bombarded, this past year or so, along nearly every dimension that people possess. And I've not always behaved well under it.

From my end, I am willing to let bygones be bygones and turn over a new leaf. How 'bout it?

• Like 1

namaste.jpg
  • Like 1

From my end, I am willing to let bygones be bygones and turn over a new leaf. How 'bout it?

Please let this be our symbol here,

a gleaming knife of cold hard steel,

to sever ourselves from our past

in hopes we may begin to heal.

• Like 1

Your all right in my book legion

I appreciate you saying so Kaiser. With you, I can't seem to forget my clumsy handling of you when you first arrived at ex-C. And I've really beaten myself up for it, and I'll tell you why.

I know of your interest in science. I know too that you seem to be ensconced in a reductionist outlook. And I really do believe that a complementary approach, the relational approach to the study of nature, offers many advantages to you. And if I can be a good messenger of this approach for you, then I will have felt that I have accomplished something. But, no matter the content of the message, if I am arrogant or condescending during the relay of the message then I think that I've lessened the chance of transmission.

Legion, thank you for being open and honest, and for being you.

beer.gif

• Like 1

Legion!

I completely understand what it's like to take our your frustrations on this forum. I've done it plenty of times, and I haven't gone through even a fraction of what you've been through lately. That's why I don't write you off- I KNOW you have your reasons, and my reaction would probably be no better.

So yeah, you're ok in my book too. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to the mirror when talking to you- except that you still retain a certain idealism that's long since been beaten out of me. I admire that. So feel free to rage and troll around me whenever you want- I can take it, and I"ll return the favor. We'll kiss and make up later.

• Like 2

OK Legion. Let's start over.

• Like 1

OK Legion. Let's start over.

Sorry for interrupting. I have no clue what has transpired in the past between you guys But this is really nice to see.

Cool.

• Like 2

We'll kiss and make up later.

*shudders spastically*

We'll kiss and make up later.

*shudders spastically*

What? He's kinda purty with his 'long blonde locks'. :HaHa:

:-)