Goodbye Jesus

So Proud Of My Little Girl!

dB-Paradox

First off, sorry it's been a very long time since I've posted anything. Facebook has been my friend. I'm on there ALL the time! Well, not all the time, just 100% of the time. lol

But I really wanted to share a status update I posted tonight. I'm so proud of my smart little girl! I realize that she's only 6, and her mind might change as she gets older, but this is what happened tonight:

Had an interesting dialogue with Chloe this evening after picking her up from VBS. I asked her what she did. "Sang and danced". I asked her what she learned. "I don't know". (Typical!) So, I looked at the paper she had. It said, 'Jesus died to save us'. I asked her if she leaned about Jesus. "Yes. And he died." Then I asked if Jesus was real. "No."

Kids just know. If you can't feel it, smell it, see it, taste it, or hear it, it's not real. I wonder if she's already lost her belief in Santa?

I agreed with her that Jesus is not real (at least not NOW). I hope she won't have to go through the religious brainwashing I went through. (My wife is still a Christian.)

• Like 6

Great anecdote, dB! I'm the opposite of you - I find Ex-Chr a lot more interesting than FB. Anyway, hope to see you more around here and hope your daughter keeps her clarity of vision!

dB.... it's so good to hear from you!! yellow.gif You spend 90% of your time on fB and get over her with us at least 10% of the time!! woohoo.gif

I miss you!!

Loved your story!! sounds like you got one smart little girl there!! She's lucky to have a great dad also to guide her along the way!!

• Super Moderator

Smart daddy...smart daughter. You have every right to be proud!

yellow.gif

You must have a great Facebook circle. Mine is actually pretty lame to be honest.

This AM, my daughter mentioned Jesus again, and asked that we pretend her legs didn't work. She said that I was Jesus, and that I fixed her legs. So, I used a magical gesture, and healed her. Then I asked if that's what Jesus did. She said he healed, and he died, and he didn't come back. I asked once again if she thought he was real and she said no, because she can't shake his hand! lol!!!

Nice to see you here again, Margee! And thank you, Buffetphan, my daughter is a lot smarter than I was at her age. I'll try to pop in more often. I'm starting holidays today, so it may not happen for a while. I'm actually going to meet a FB friend next week! Pretty excited about that!