Goodbye Jesus

Figured You Guys Might Appreciate This

Yalta

http://mleiv.deviant...ge-32-155916914

This is a page from a webcomic created by a former Mormon turned atheist. I don't know enough about Mormon rules to get the reference about not being allowed to drink coffee, but check out the comments.

If you're not a member of deviantART, the comic will be blocked due to the mature filter (the author put the content filter on due to language), but it can be viewed without a dA membership here:

http://mleiv.com/the...maze-2-page-32/

Or just look at it directly here. But still check out the deviantART page's comments on it. A number of former Christians/Mormons there.

book2_32.jpg

Also, if you read other pages of the comic, you will see quite a bit of her putting up with annoying coworker conversations about meaningless church crap.

• Like 1

I read all three of them. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. You read all three comics? Just now?

I haven't finished reading it. What do you think of the portrayal of Mormons?

You're welcome. You read all three comics? Just now?

I haven't finished reading it. What do you think of the portrayal of Mormons?

Yeah, I thought it was a really interesting story so I went to the beginning and read all three. I thought the Mormon thing was a bit tame. They could have been a bit more harsh. And I really didn't expect the storyline to go where it did. That was the best part, not predictable to me. The author explains the ending in Book 3. I actually liked the ending.

Oh, I bet a lot of us have wanted to do that at one point or another! I also thought the artist was really forgiving toward the Mormons. I live in a heavily Mormon area and have heard plenty worse than that from even the "normal" members; she restricts her ire to the hardcore fundies in the faith, but maybe she does it because nobody'd believe it if she were more realistic. And oh oh oh the Fae! Changeling is my favorite RPG system and I just can't resist a good yarn about the Goodly Folk.

Gorgeous art, really nice. The storytelling's pacing is a bit irritating, but for good art I can put up with a lot of irritating stuff (see: Masque of the Red Death; NSFW, involves yaoi which I normally don't dig but come ON it's WENDY FUCKING PINI for chrissakes). I hope this artist goes far with her work. Thanks for linking.