Goodbye Jesus

Medicine Vs. God

roadrunner

So most of you know I still go to church (don't laugh...the pastor recommended it as a last resort). I mainly just go now for the entertainment until my wife gets her head around my disbelief. So in sunday school when discussing evidence for god's goodness, the instructor said (paraphrase)

"look at how Salk can create a vaccine for polio and overnight save millions. That shows that god has in hand in our lives"

I immediately pointed out how that's just modern medicine. and now cancer is that way and we franticly are looking for a cure. but the answers are from PEOPLE and SCIENCE not god. Yeah, Im that guy in sunday school now. The one that wont shut up and is asking too many questions. It gets harder and harder to keep a straight face and every now and then I have to call them out in front of everybody. My wife says that my attitude is starting to show through the way i pose the questions to the teachers. LOL.

So remember when we find a cure for cancer its just god helping us out.

So most of you know I still go to church (don't laugh...the pastor recommended it as a last resort). I mainly just go now for the entertainment until my wife gets her head around my disbelief. So in sunday school when discussing evidence for god's goodness, the instructor said (paraphrase)

"look at how Salk can create a vaccine for polio and overnight save millions. That shows that god has in hand in our lives"

I immediately pointed out how that's just modern medicine. and now cancer is that way and we franticly are looking for a cure. but the answers are from PEOPLE and SCIENCE not god. Yeah, Im that guy in sunday school now. The one that wont shut up and is asking too many questions. It gets harder and harder to keep a straight face and every now and then I have to call them out in front of everybody. My wife says that my attitude is starting to show through the way i pose the questions to the teachers. LOL.

So remember when we find a cure for cancer its just god helping us out.

Hahahahahahhha man do I know where you're coming from. Like the guy a few months ago that said "non believers cannot have REAL love for another human without JEEBUS in their heart". I was punching him in the face in my imagination for the next 15 minutes after I heard that crap. Now we haven't been to SS in a while so I haven't had to deal with that, only the lies, bad theology and scripture twisting from the pulpit. But maaaaaaaaaan I feel you on this one. Keep it up man. BE THAT GUY. Force these flatliners to think JUST A LITTLE.

I see the farces in there. They are thinking. About what I'm not sure. Probably my damned soul. I've gotten pretty good at defending freethought. So I have arguments already worded out in my head and when they are needed it just flows.

I've never understood why people would trust God with their health of all things when he's failed them in so many other areas in their life. I don't understand why people think God can magically make their health problems go away when he can't even answer simple prayers. Even when I was a Christian, I believed that medicine and doctors were "God's gift"rolleyes.gif and meant to be taken advantage of. If something is available and within your reach to improve your life, use it because no "god" is going to improve your life, that's for sure!

I usually keep my tongue but sometimes i slip and its usually on something like this.

My church is full of farmers and rednecks so to them modern medical science dosent exist and its God that does everything. Today they said we got rain because we prayed for it... yea rain came because they prayed for it, so fucking stupid. Hundreds of millions of starving Africans pray for rain and they get nothing.

• Like 1

I usually keep my tongue but sometimes i slip and its usually on something like this.

My church is full of farmers and rednecks so to them modern medical science dosent exist and its God that does everything. Today they said we got rain because we prayed for it... yea rain came because they prayed for it, so fucking stupid. Hundreds of millions of starving Africans pray for rain and they get nothing.

Had my MIL's 10 year anniversary party yesterday celebrating beating breast cancer, and of course all the talk, and especially the writing on the poster board to commemorate it was "Thank you Jesus for healing momma" and crap like that. I was the ONLY one that I know of that made it a point to give credit to the doctors, nurses and modern science/medicine.

its like talking to a wall. If I slave away and find a cure for cancer, I would be insulted if it were attributed to god and not my hard work. Same for doctors. If I performed a life saving surgery and someone spat in my face by saying I wasnt responsible, someone other than me was guiding my hands, I would be outraged especially if I was a nonbeliever. A god I dont think exists was moving my hands because someone else asked since they were moving over some one they cared about.

So most of you know I still go to church (don't laugh...the pastor recommended it as a last resort).

So watcha gonna do when he wants to touch your dicks together for the same reason?

I hope you tells us so I cans laughs thens... :)

mwc

So most of you know I still go to church (don't laugh...the pastor recommended it as a last resort).

So watcha gonna do when he wants to touch your dicks together for the same reason?

I hope you tells us so I cans laughs thens... smile.png

mwc

LOL. I was Baptist not Catholic!

mwc

FrogsToadBigGrin.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.giflaugh.png

mwc

FrogsToadBigGrin.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1541245.giflaugh.png

reading this back I'm offended. Wendystop.gif Its all fun till someone starts making insults.

reading this back I'm offended. Wendystop.gif Its all fun till someone starts making insults.

Elaborate.

mwc

mwc

We're all adults here. I think your comments speak for themselves. No elaboration needed.

I wish they did speak for themselves.

But I don't whether to LOL and join in or to be offended with a frown/STOP thingy. Guess I'm confused.

mwc