Goodbye Jesus

Christian Lines That Make You Rage!

Cryptic

"if god is for me, who can be against me?"

"The husband is the spiritual leader of the home."

Rubbish. They disguise blatant prejudice to lure unsuspecting seekers, who then become entrenched in the X-loves-you security blanket.

Also to keep women telling themselves that their husbands aren't ACTUALLY in control over them, so wives can keep their subservient

position.

GAWD I FUCKING HATED THAT. was always getting an earful from my mom to be the damn spiritual leader an shit. Fuck that.

That is the first time I have heard a guy complain about the status gap. When I was Xian, I wanted to be a man because women--in Gawd's opinion--are second-class. I felt insecure and bitter over my assignment to the "quiet and gentle spirit" homemakers' club. There's another reason to quit: Xianity damages confidence.

Anything said to or about a disabled person being "so brave" or "an inspiration" or how "god has a plan" and blah-de-blah.

Yes, because it take so much COURAGE to...

what? Lead a mostly-normal life? And it's so

"inspiring" because... oh, look, the bipedal apes

use technology to adapt to and get around

disabilities and injuries, how fucking INSPIRING!

Apparently you haven't met many disabled people. Notice I said "people."

They are humans,

not apes. I know some who are quadriplegics:

they can't move anything below their necks, so

they can only get around in a wheelchair that

someone pushes. Because they can't speak,

they have to communicate with a device about

the size of an air-conditioner that is strapped to

their wheelchair. They spend most of their lives

in day care. People with severe mental

disabilities don't go to high school, not to

mention college. They get to sit in a play room

and make macaroni art.

Two things: I AM DISABLED.

And: What the fuck was God's "plan" for them, then?

1) I'm sorry for that, but you are not disabled like some people are or you would not be here.

2) I never said God has a plan for them. Terrible things just happen.

Mm, yeah, I should just feel so fucking lucky that I'm not "really disabled", unlike those other people who have it so much worse.

That's like saying I shouldn't complain about the abuse I suffered, because other women get it so much worse than I did.

It's fucking offensive.

Yeah, as a disabled person who has to use a wheelchair, I get told often about people who have it much worse than me. I acknowledge that there are many people more disabled and in more pain than me. But, how is it supposed to make me feel better or be better to contemplate other people's misery? It is fucking offensive, indeed.

Rubbish. They disguise blatant prejudice to lure unsuspecting seekers, who then become entrenched in the X-loves-you security blanket.

Also to keep women telling themselves that their husbands aren't ACTUALLY in control over them, so wives can keep their subservient

position.

GAWD I FUCKING HATED THAT. was always getting an earful from my mom to be the damn spiritual leader an shit. Fuck that.

That is the first time I have heard a guy complain about the status gap. When I was Xian, I wanted to be a man because women--in Gawd's opinion--are second-class. I felt insecure and bitter over my assignment to the "quiet and gentle spirit" homemakers' club. There's another reason to quit: Xianity damages confidence.

I've always had issues and cog diss with xianity, so I didn't WANT to take a leadership role, even in my own family. So when people tried to shame me into that position, it pissed me off to no end.

Anything said to or about a disabled person being "so brave" or "an inspiration" or how "god has a plan" and blah-de-blah.

They are humans, not apes. I know some who are quadriplegics:

their wheelchair. They spend most of their live

and make macaroni art.

1) I'm sorry for that, but you are not disabled like some people are or you would not be here.

Mm, yeah, I should just feel so fucking lucky that I'm not "really disabled", unlike those other people who have it so much worse.

That's like saying I shouldn't complain about the abuse I suffered, because other women get it so much worse than I did.

It's fucking offensive.

Yeah, as a disabled person who has to use a wheelchair, I get told often about people who have it much worse than me. I acknowledge that there

are many people more disabled and in more pain than me. But, how is it

supposed to make me feel better or be better to contemplate other people's

misery? It is fucking offensive, indeed.

It's too bad you have to use a wheelchair, but maybe not all of what people say is meant to make you feel better. WMDKitty said people with disabilities lead "mostly-normal lives." I pointed out many of their lives are

anything but normal and they still manage not to be bitter. Yes, I do admire them. That's all.

"Don't worry about it- God's in control."

This is a nice multi purpose response (and putdown) to those pesky non believers who bring up those dangerous things happening in the world, usually because of the Fundies screwed up mindsets. Things like global warming, the dangers of war/intervention in the middle east, and so on. It's usually said with a pitying smile. It makes me want to smack them and say no, God is NOT incontrol of some of this stuff, we are- and you're screwing over the entire human race with your delusions.

This brought too much frustration into my marriage after we began going to a Baptist church. I was constantly asking him to be the spiritual leader, and as a farmer/rancher working long hours six days a week, the last thing he wanted to do was wake up at five/come home and pray and read the Bible with his wife. He wanted to, you know, sleep, eat, relax, do other things. Never once did he say to me, "woman, be more submissive!" Nope, he was all, "I love you just as you are." I honestly believed if he would just be the spiritual leader (not really being to sure what that meant), our prayers would be answered and life would go as planned.

This brought too much frustration into my marriage after we began going to a Baptist church. I was constantly asking him to be the spiritual leader, and as a farmer/rancher working long hours six days a week, the last thing he wanted to do was wake up at five/come home and pray and read the Bible with his wife. He wanted to, you know, sleep, eat, relax, do other things. Never once did he say to me, "woman, be more submissive!" Nope, he was all, "I love you just as you are." I honestly believed if he would just be the spiritual leader (not really being to sure what that meant), our prayers would be answered and life would go as planned.

I hate you!!

Lol. it is a lot of unneeded pressure. Taking advice from 2 millennia-dead anonymous folks is pretty crazy isn't it?

I hate you!!

Lol. it is a lot of unneeded pressure. Taking advice from 2 millennia-dead anonymous folks is pretty crazy isn't it?

It is :/ Especially when you don't believe it all, yet you keep going anyway.

Also to keep women telling themselves that their husbands aren't ACTUALLY in control over

them, so wives can keep their subservient

position.

So a male gay couple would have TWO spiritual leaders in their home. Bonus!

position.

I've always had issues and cog diss with xianity, so I didn't WANT to take a leadership role, even in my own family. So when people tried to shame me into that position, it pissed me off to no end.

You just needed to attend Promise Keepers like I did. Oh yeah, that right. I got divorced a few years after that. lol.

I think I tried that for one week and was like, nope, not for me.

and make macaroni art.

It's fucking offensive.

Yeah, as a disabled person who has to use a wheelchair, I get told often about people who have it much worse than me. I acknowledge that there

It's too bad you have to use a wheelchair, but maybe not all of what people say is meant to make you feel better. WMDKitty said people with disabilities lead "mostly-normal lives." I pointed out many of their lives are

anything but normal and they still manage not to be bitter. Yes, I do admire them. That's all.

Glad you admire disabled people who are just doing the best they can. I didn't mean that you would be the kind of low-class scum who would tell a disabled person that they should cheer up because other people have it worse than they do. But, I have had this happen to me and it stinks.

and make macaroni art.

It's fucking offensive.

And you still don't understand why that's offensive.

I don't want to be "admired", I don't want to be "an inspiration", how the fuck does that make me "bitter"?

• Like 1

"Hate the sin love the sinner."

"With God all things are possible."

INSERT GROUP/NAME/ETC here 'Twisted the Scriptures' (aka, my interpretation is better than your interpretation nah nah!)

"The Bible is a simple book" NO, IT IS NOT, UNLESS YOU IGNORE ALL ANCIENT CULTURE CONTEXT AND ORIGINAL LANGUAGE.

"Evolution is only a theory"

And religion is....?

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever met a Christian who denied evolution is true who actually knew anything about it.They just blindly parrot what they've been told to think about it.

I live in Texas, there is a LOT of parroting going on here.

"Just because you don't believe in Satan doesn't mean he doesn't exist."

Somehow they never appreciate how I always reply: "Just because you believe in God doesn't mean he does."

• Like 1

"Welcome Holy Spirit."

"We invite you into this place Holy Spirit."

I used to wonder why the holy spirit would need to be invited to a prayer meeting when the spirit supposedly live in every believer. Even as a christian, those line bothered the hell out of me.

Other christian lines that piss me off:

" God is getting ready to do great things in your life."

" I felt God's spirit move through me as I worshipped/prophesied."

" Jesus, I thank you for dying for me on the cross."

" Wait on the Lord."

" God is good all the time. All the time God is good."

" God gave me a burden for..."

" The Lord will give you the desires of your heart." It's an actual verse; however, it's one of th biggest lies of the bible. Simply a false promise.

I hate anything that starts " I/we just want to...

I just wanna thank you Jesus for blessing my with this pencil/sandwich etc etc

I just wanna encourage you in your struggles

I just wanna say that I think that the Spirit is....

I just wanna pray for you...

apart from that we have, the scary and rather creepy, "Let's lay holy hands on this brother as he leaves for Krygystan/Albania/Benin."

"Seek a Jesus solution.."

"There have been so many G*d moments recently."

"What would Jesus do?"

"Waiting on the Lord."

I could go on all afternoon...

"I really feel like the Lord is leading me to..."

This is often used for justification for asinine decisions that negatively affect others.

"Nothing is impossible"

Try slamming a revolving door.

I concur on the "I just wanna" statements. FFS, want in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills first, as my dad would say.

"I really feel like the Lord is leading me to..."

This is often used for justification for asinine decisions that negatively affect others.

Like armed conflict.