Goodbye Jesus

Exposing Satan's Underground- Old Sensationalist Video From The 80's

Tabula Rasa

You folks my age or older might remember this Geraldo special from the mid-80's during the height of the "Satanic Panic" back then.

Some of you guys might get a laugh out of how ridiculous it is in retrospect, but you folks who still are struggling with hell and devil fears should probably not watch.

I know people that still believe that all of this nonsense is true. for them the "satanic panic" never ended.

I still cannot get my head around this:

In 1980 the book, Michelle Remembers, written by Michelle Smith and husband/psychiatrist Lawrence Pazder, was published. The book, now discredited, was written as an autobiography and was the first known claim linking the abuse of children with Satanic rituals.[10] Pazder was also the individual responsible for coining the term "ritual abuse".[11] It provided a model for allegations of SRA that followed.[10][12] On the basis of the book's success, Pazder developed a high media profile, gave lectures and training on SRA to law enforcement, and, by September 1990, had acted as a consultant on more than 1,000 SRA cases, including the McMartin preschool trial. Prosecutors used "Michelle Remembers" as a guide when preparing cases against alleged Satanists.[13]Michelle Remembers, along with others portrayed as survivor stories, are suspected to have influenced later allegations of SRA[10][14] and the book has been suggested as a causal factor in the later epidemic of SRA allegations.[15][16][17]

http://en.wikipedia....preschool_trial

I mean the media sensationalizing it and some people buying it is one thing. But law enforcement using this book as a guide in investigations and these people as experts and consultants? WTF?!!!! Where are we??? In the Middle Ages???

What this book is about:

Summary

The book documents Smith's memory of events recovered during therapy, documenting the many satanic rituals she believed that she was forced to attend (Pazder stated that Smith was abused by "the Church of Satan," which he states is a worldwide organization predating the Christian church). The first alleged ritual attended by Smith took place in 1954 when she was five years old, and the final one documented in the book was an 81-day ritual in 1955 that summoned the devil himself and involved the intervention of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and Michael the Archangel, who removed the scars received by Smith throughout the year of abuse and removed memories of the events "until the time was right". During the rites, Smith was allegedly tortured, locked in cages, sexually assaulted, forced to take part in various rituals, witnessed several murders and was rubbed with the blood and body parts of various murdered babies and adults.

After Smith had seemingly recovered her memories, she and Pazder consulted with various church authorities, eventually traveling to the Vatican.

http://en.wikipedia....helle_Remembers

And law enforcement fucking used this book as a guide? Seriously? Wendybanghead.gif

Humans haven't made much progress since the witch hunts, have they?

• Like 1

Anybody remember old Bob Larson?....He was a big pusher of that kind of sensationalism.

Ya...I remember Bob. He is still at the game in conducting exorcisms

Haha! Anyone ever read "He Came to Set the Captives Free?" Talk about crazy talk. The supposed "Dr. Rebecca Brown" had this outlandish tale about her journey into and then out of Satanism. Crazy stuffs. It was shown that she was hooked on pain killers or something. it was this big drama in certain circles. I've read the book. It's... interesting...

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Brown_%28Christian_author%29

I can't think of the Satanic Panic without this.

tumblr_m66udbgRuK1ruvawmo1_500.jpg

Best. Skit. Ever.

• Like 1

Haha! Anyone ever read "He Came to Set the Captives Free?" Talk about crazy talk. The supposed "Dr. Rebecca Brown" had this outlandish tale about her journey into and then out of Satanism. Crazy stuffs. It was shown that she was hooked on pain killers or something. it was this big drama in certain circles. I've read the book. It's... interesting...

Link: http://en.wikipedia....ristian_author)

When I was an xian I read a book from a lady who claims she spent time in Mexico learning to become a voodoo-type faith healer before she "found the truth". She described voodoo operations where spirits were removed by digging bare hands into a victim's side and removing the offending matter, which was usually pig guts or something. This is a common parlor trick, so clearly the author was lying about the entire experience. I wonder if it was Brown. I can't recall who wrote the book.

Also, many of you guys are probably too young to remember him, but when I was an xian, Mike Warnke, xian comedian, was all the rage. I even attended one of his shows. He wrote a book about leading and then escaping a Satanic cult, which was later uncovered as a total fabrication.

Anybody remember old Bob Larson?....He was a big pusher of that kind of sensationalism.

Yeah, I used to listen to Bob on the radio. What a nutcase. He made it all sound so believable and real that it was fascinating in its own strange way.

Bob Larson presented "rock and roll that steals your soul" at my church when I was a kid. I spoke with him after his talk.

I read exposés of him and Mike Warnke many years later. Both of them really cashed in on the hysteria.

Wondered if anyone would mention Warnke; police used to consult him as an 'expert' too.

IS IT JUST ME, OR IF YOU SUBSTITUTE THE WORD "CHRISTIANITY" WITH THE WORD "SATANISM", and SHOW PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE INSTEAD OF LaVEY's.......

WHAT IS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

"Satanism" is just the flip of Christianity.....You have to believe in mystical stupid shit to buy into EITHER ONE.

That kind of "religiosity" is a mental disorder.....NO MATTER WHICH BIBLE YOU SWEAR TO UPHOLD.

IS IT JUST ME, OR IF YOU SUBSTITUTE THE WORD "CHRISTIANITY" WITH THE WORD "SATANISM", and SHOW PAT ROBERTSON'S FACE INSTEAD OF LaVEY's.......

WHAT IS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

"Satanism" is just the flip of Christianity.....You have to believe in mystical stupid shit to buy into EITHER ONE.

That kind of "religiosity" is a mental disorder.....NO MATTER WHICH BIBLE YOU SWEAR TO UPHOLD.

LaVey's Satanism is actually atheism--nothing mystical about it--just a bit of fantasy and role-play...

It is interesting that when you take your own power back from the Xians, you also realize the reverse is true: Without god, the devil doesn't exist either.