Goodbye Jesus

Email Made Me Feel So Sick!

ZoeKnows

Typical judgemental fundie bullshit.

Even if they do "mean well", that doesn't mean you have to put up with it. What they're doing is threatening you when you're in a vulnerable position. It's not much different than an abuser threatening his girlfriend for daring to "rebel" against him.

http://atheism.about.com/od/whatisgod/p/AbuserAbusive.htm

The article above paints it in an interesting light. Especially the "god is slow to anger" bullshit. Yeah, he's slow to anger, but if you don't get right with him in time, there will be hell to pay!! (quite literally). It shows why Christianity (particularly fundamentalism) needs to DIAF.

• Like 1

DID SOMEONE MENTION STILLETTOS?????

*droool*

:)*****

• Like 1

Option 1: create a folder, create a filter, all her emails go there and you never have to see them. Delete monthly.

Option 2: start sending her articles on gardening, or housekeeping, or baking, or car repair every time you get a xian email from her. When she asks why you keep sending here these, just say you thought you were sharing like she did in her emails. If she asks you to stop, ask her to stop as well. If she questions your religion tell her you are quite capable on finding information about god on your own.

I am nervous that fam members will read what I write on this web-site. Basically, can't block this person. She probably does mean well & is just concerned. My thinking is this: even when I agreed w/ her faith, I would not have sent this kind of email to anyone not "in the fold"..or anyone struggling with doubt. I have always been sensitive to other people's feelings and thoughts on life. I just don't see how she could have read this & thought it would be well-accepted. A-ha, I see the error of my ways now, I was just rebelling & trying to enjoy pleasures of the flesh. Now I will submit to my loving God. eek.gif

First of all, no she doesn't 'mean well' as you put it. She's practicing what I call superficial spirituality. And you seem to sense this as well since you said in your first post you wanted to leave the planet and in this one you say you would never have sent that kind of email to anyone outside of the fold so to speak. These kind of evangelicals are obnoxious to say the least, even arrogant in their behavior.
  • Like 1