Goodbye Jesus

Need Support

starlyte777

Gospel contradictions on Jesus (6min)

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt the flood posts. There are mountains of videos on youtube debunking the ark and a global flood.

Guest Valk0010

Here is a thought about genesis in general.

If genesis was actually literally true, up till after noahs ark. Wouldn't we all be inbred?

Sorry to interrupt the flood posts. There are mountains of videos on youtube debunking the ark and a global flood.

No need to apologize. Thanks for posting the videos. I'll probably watch them myself. I'm done with the flood posts now, unless additional questions come up.

watched the Carl Sage video..........he's a moron.............nothinng he said can be proven........it's all speculation...........as is the God theory......how can anyone carbondate something? On what basis of comparison? They say carbon dating is accurate.......but, to what standard of accuracy? To what do they compare their findings to any object? Seems they had to start somewhere.......but, WHERE? A supposed beginning? A supposed lack of a god entity.......where does the whole carbon dating thing come from? A man said...........this is carbon dating......a new science..........really? So just because someone said it's carbon dating........this is real stuff yall...........let's just go from here.............NOT.........not buying it....sorry......need proof that carbon dating holds any merit AT ALL...........ty for the post..........Patty xx

watched the Carl Sage video..........he's a moron.............nothinng he said can be proven........it's all speculation...........as is the God theory......how can anyone carbondate something? On what basis of comparison? They say carbon dating is accurate.......but, to what standard of accuracy? To what do they compare their findings to any object? Seems they had to start somewhere.......but, WHERE? A supposed beginning? A supposed lack of a god entity.......where does the whole carbon dating thing come from? A man said...........this is carbon dating......a new science..........really? So just because someone said it's carbon dating........this is real stuff yall...........let's just go from here.............NOT.........not buying it....sorry......need proof that carbon dating holds any merit AT ALL...........ty for the post..........Patty xx

Ok... I guess there will be no more Carl Sagan for now... Carbon dating is used to dating organic matter from a certain time period. Many other types of dating are used for different types of materials suspected to be from different periods of time. If you've been listening to people debunking carbon dating in particular, check out this video debunking the carbon dating debunkers:

A few things that we can know, as they have been tested and proven true via multiple methods:

1. The Earth is 4.54 billion years old
  2. The Universe is 14.6 billion years old
  3. Evolution by natural selection is how all natural flora and fauna have come to be (the rest have come from artificial selection, cross-breading, etc.).

Here are a couple of videos that do a pretty good job of debunking Noah's flood:

:)

• Like 1

watched the Carl Sage video..........he's a moron.............nothinng he said can be proven........

It appears that you're not familiar with Carl Sagan. I can assure you that he was definitnely not a moron. I will say, though, that the videos you watched were more akin to a summary than a case. In other words, what you saw wasn't intended to give detailed evidence. I'll leave the science questions to be answered by those who are more knowledgeable on science than I am, but I do want to provide you with a link where you can see a little bit about Carl Sagan and see that he was actually quite an accomplished scientist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_sagan

Guest Valk0010

This would consistute a run to the library.

But great science primer for you patty would be "the magic of reality" by richard dawkins. Its a amazing into to science book and its designed for young adults so its incredibly easy to follow.

If you would like to see a presentation on "The Magic of Reality" by the author, Richard Dawkins, here's a video. :D

This is a 3 hour series debunking creationism. It provides many proofs for evolution.

TrueFreedom, thanks for posting that 3 hour video. I'm half-way through it and so far it's been very good.

I do want to point out one mischaracterization, though. Starting at 1:02:13 he claims that creationists say that God could not create by evolution. I have never met a creationist who would say that, nor did I believe that when I was a creationist. The claim is not that God is incapable of using evolution, but that he simply didn't do so. In other words, God could have created through evolution if he had chosen to, but if he had done so, then the Bible's creation account would indicate an evolutionary process instead of claiming a direct creation.

Otherwise, so far so good.

TrueFreedom, thanks for posting that 3 hour video. I'm half-way through it and so far it's been very good.

I do want to point out one mischaracterization, though. Starting at 1:02:13 he claims that creationists say that God could not create by evolution. I have never met a creationist who would say that, nor did I believe that when I was a creationist. The claim is not that God is incapable of using evolution, but that he simply didn't do so. In other words, God could have created through evolution if he had chosen to, but if he had done so, then the Bible's creation account would indicate an evolutionary process instead of claiming a direct creation.

He'll be backing up that statement. He's addressing the most prominent promoters of intelligent design. The founder of the I.D. movement said as much: "The objective is to convince people that Darwinism is inherently atheistic, thus shifting the debate from creationism vs. evolution to the existence of God vs. the non-existence of God." attorney Phillip Johnson, the "father of intelligent design," in "Reclaiming America for Christ"

Aron also points out the common creationist view that anything which contradicts a literal reading of scripture as history is false by definition, even if it has all of the facts on its side.

"No geological difficulties, real or imagined, can be allowed to take precedence over the clear statements and necessary inferences of scripture." Dr. Henry M. Morris

"Revealed truth: That which is revealed in Scripture, whether or not man has scientifically proved it. If it is in the Bible, it is already true without requiring additional proof." Bob Jones University Biology Student Text (3rd ed. Vol 2)

"By definition, no apparent, perceived, or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record." Ken Ham (Answers In Genesis statement of faith)

He'll be backing up that statement. He's addressing the most prominent promoters of intelligent design. The founder of the I.D. movement said as much: "The objective is to convince people that Darwinism is inherently atheistic, thus shifting the debate from creationism vs. evolution to the existence of God vs. the non-existence of God." attorney Phillip Johnson, the "father of intelligent design," in "Reclaiming America for Christ"

Aron also points out the common creationist view that anything which contradicts a literal reading of scripture as history is false by definition, even if it has all of the facts on its side.

"No geological difficulties, real or imagined, can be allowed to take precedence over the clear statements and necessary inferences of scripture." Dr. Henry M. Morris

"Revealed truth: That which is revealed in Scripture, whether or not man has scientifically proved it. If it is in the Bible, it is already true without requiring additional proof." Bob Jones University Biology Student Text (3rd ed. Vol 2)

"By definition, no apparent, perceived, or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record." Ken Ham (Answers In Genesis statement of faith)

Nothing there conflicts with my point. Creationists are not saying that God is incapable of using evolution, but that God simply did not use evolution, because the Bible tells us how God did it. For example, I didn't drive to Atlanta last year, and if anyone said I did, then they'd be wrong. However, just because I didn't drive to Atlanta last year doesn't mean that I was incapable of driving to Atlanta last year. I certainly could have, but I simply didn't. In the same way, creationists don't assert that God didn't have the ability to use evolution; they simply assert that he didn't use evolution.

Also, be careful not to fall into the trap of confusing ID with creationism. While there is some overlap between adherants, creationism (in America, anyway) is a strict reading of Genesis, while ID is not. One can believe in evolution and ID at the same time, but not evolution and creationism. Creationist leaders have been very outspoken against ID for that very reason. Though they share the same goal of pushing religion in school, they are not simply two different terms for the exact same thing.

ID was an intentional re-branding of creationism. Though Hugh Ross is an old-earther, he still considers himself a progressive creationist. I've seen a few of the big IDers slip up and use the term creationist. I think there may have been a documentary about this. IDers use sciencey words and try to recruit representatives with clout, but it's still just dressed up creationism. As Phillip Johnson said, their goal is not to prove ID. It's to equate it with belief in God and equate natural selection with non-belief.

watched the Carl Sage video..........he's a moron.............nothinng he said can be proven........

It appears that you're not familiar with Carl Sagan. I can assure you that he was definitnely not a moron. I will say, though, that the videos you watched were more akin to a summary than a case. In other words, what you saw wasn't intended to give detailed evidence. I'll leave the science questions to be answered by those who are more knowledgeable on science than I am, but I do want to provide you with a link where you can see a little bit about Carl Sagan and see that he was actually quite an accomplished scientist: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Carl_sagan

ok.......you are all so much more intelligent than I am......and I rely on what you have found.....as opposed to digging it on my own......I don't have the smarts to dig it all out........so i DO rely on your videos.......forgive me for being illerate in the search area......i so am......but, ty for hanging with me and giving me videos. Patty...........xx

A few things that we can know, as they have been tested and proven true via multiple methods:

1. The Earth is 4.54 billion years old

2. The Universe is 14.6 billion years old

3. Evolution by natural selection is how all natural flora and fauna have come to be (the rest have come from artificial selection, cross-breading, etc.).

have watched these.........ty ty

This is a 3 hour series debunking creationism. It provides many proofs for evolution.

ty True Freedom............i have watched everything you have sent me......tyty........I will continue to search.......aka all the videos yall have sent.......it is hard when i have seen so many videos my h has insisted i watch with him.......but, am still trying to find the truth......wherever that may lead.......ty agian xxx

OMG have read all the posts.........if yall can't agree........then what? I am so confused...........but, that's nothing new........I will continue to listen to te videos yall sent me..........ty for responding to me!! Patty.........xx

http://www.talkorigi...c/CD/CD011.html

http://en.wikipedia....iocarbon_dating

Carbon dating

http://www.talkorigi...owgood-c14.html

Talking about Kent Hovind's views of carbon dating specifically.

ok Hovind is a Major MORON...........got it tyty xxx

Here are a couple of videos that do a pretty good job of debunking Noah's flood:

smile.png

OK the ARK IS A MYTH................GOT IT tyty xxxxxx

It appears that you're not familiar with Carl Sagan. I can assure you that he was definitnely not a moron. I will say, though, that the videos you watched were more akin to a summary than a case. In other words, what you saw wasn't intended to give detailed evidence. I'll leave the science questions to be answered by those who are more knowledgeable on science than I am, but I do want to provide you with a link where you can see a little bit about Carl Sagan and see that he was actually quite an accomplished scientist: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Carl_sagan

ok read it..........damn........................ty xxxxxxxxx

This would consistute a run to the library.

But great science primer for you patty would be "the magic of reality" by richard dawkins. Its a amazing into to science book and its designed for young adults so its incredibly easy to follow.

can't run to library.....or any where else, but ty........xxxxxxx