Goodbye Jesus

I'm Your Enemy Now?

jblueep

Hey, jblue. Do you know whether or not anyone has left the church since this happened? If you were one of the largest contributors and a prominent leader, your leaving is bound to have done some damage and left people disillusioned. I've seen people drop out and churches split over things like that during my church days. If a leader came out as a homosexual, even if he still believed, he would be labelled a traitor, a sinner and a disgrace. He would be blacklisted from ever working in that denomination again. I was never blessed with the opportunity to see a leader come out as an atheist, but she would certainly be seen as an enemy of God and the church, crucifying Christ all over again. Bible-believers are obligated to see it that way, thus saith Paul and his disciples.

I'm still really sorry to see them do you this way.

Hey, jblue. Do you know whether or not anyone has left the church since this happened? If you were one of the largest contributors and a prominent leader, your leaving is bound to have done some damage and left people disillusioned. I've seen people drop out and churches split over things like that during my church days. If a leader came out as a homosexual, even if he still believed, he would be labelled a traitor, a sinner and a disgrace. He would be blacklisted from ever working in that denomination again. I was never blessed with the opportunity to see a leader come out as an atheist, but she would certainly be seen as an enemy of God and the church, crucifying Christ all over again. Bible-believers are obligated to see it that way, thus saith Paul and his disciples.

I'm still really sorry to see them do you this way.

No one prominent has left since we did as far as a I know, but two young guys who were already agnostic/atheist went more public since hanging out with me quite a bit. They were both on the youth worship team and now they are not and are pretty much not going anymore.

I have coined a new word to describe xians who will talk about you without actually talking to you ;)

FEARBIASPOCRISY - a condition of denial wherein fear and bias has caused an inability to be aware of one's own hypocrisy. Fearbiaspocrisy is often evidenced by an individual that is willing to draw and share conclusions about another person without actually having the open mind and courage needed to communicate with that person. Fearbiaspocrisy is rarely intentional but it can be quite damaging to others. The best known antidote to fearbiaspocrisy is the choice to love and laugh in response.

So, today I asked the guy straight up if he was referring to us when speaking about "former allies that are now our enemies". He assured me that he was not and I believe him.

I still think my poem is reflective of many of my former xian friends, but not as much to him. Having lunch with him next week.

So, today I asked the guy straight up if he was referring to us when speaking about "former allies that are now our enemies". He assured me that he was not and I believe him.

I still think my poem is reflective of many of my former xian friends, but not as much to him. Having lunch with him next week.

Cool. Did he provide any context at all for that statement? I hope that he spoke the truth.

SO, when are we going to do lunch?

Cool. Did he provide any context at all for that statement? I hope that he spoke the truth.

He provided context but more importantly I chose to believe him :) this guy travels and only goes to church several times a year.

I'll be in your area sometime in the next month finally. looking forward to lunch!

He provided context but more importantly I chose to believe him :) this guy travels and only goes to church several times a year.

I'll be in your area sometime in the next month finally. looking forward to lunch!

We're having some kind of free thought convention in LR in October. I think Seth will be there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's crazy how they overreact and turn everything into a spiritual war. Cool poem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ignore the smoke

Ignore the smell

....love it