Goodbye Jesus

"....god...." One Step Too Far.

jensjam

(Let me just say: I personally don't believe in Organize religion. I believe they take a human need such as spirituality and destroy something that is a good thing. So I hope I do not write this where someone feels I am attacking their belief or non belief as it may be)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/18/545791/george-zimmerman-says-he-regrets-nothing/

I write this rant because I saw this: George Zimmerman saying "It Was God's Plan" that what happened the night Trayvon Zimmerman happened.

EXCUSE ME?!!!?

Though I shouldn't be surprised considering we have candidates saying " It was God's Plan" OR "God told me," to run for office. We have a group of a certain party in politics trying to force their spiritual belief on the rest of the country.

Now we have a possible killer (hell I'm bias and I will say it - THIS KILLER) is claiming it was "God's plan" to have you kill a underage kid carrying something so dangerous as sugar level of a pack of skittles and Arizona Ice tea.

Remember we do have the first Amendment in this country that says our government and religion all religion should be seperated HOWEVER I feel in order to ensure everyone in this country has the right to his or her personal spiritual belief or non-belief one needs to stand up and SCREAM. "ARE YOU EFFIN NUTS!"

I am sick of people wearing their religion on their sleeve like this! This idea that a possible etheral being told you to run for office or give to charity or kill a person is just damn right wrong and an insult to those who do believe in a spiritual being.

I have a friend who is a Trekkie. A Massive Trekkie--so much so that Gene Rodenberry (I think that's the guy name) is a God. The Star Trek tennants of exploration and prime idea (i Think that is what it is called.) is like her ten commandments. Yet when she gives to charity and when she gives to charity she has the money to GIVE to charity. (She's loaded okay.) She doesn't say I'm doing this because it is Roddenberry's will. She does it because she believes in the idea that people should help one another.

So Have your God/Buddah/Allah/Superior Power/ Mother Goddess/ Roddenberry you want BUT doing something or giving something because you where inspired by that diety is just something that doesn't boost brownie points in my eyes NOR does it make me want to be around your deity anymore or less than I do now!

Like I already said in that other thread but the issue... I think it's gawd's will too that the bastard be jailed in a hellhole where half the inmates rape him every day (and maybe some of the guards too for good measure). Praise jebus, I'm sure he'll like it :fdevil:

They took that "one step too far" a long time ago when they started threatening children with Hell if they did not believe in X.

Great insights Jen and you definitely are not biased - the bastard is a killer plain and simple. The way the religious right wing got behind him (I read quite a few things from their blogs about this) makes me, once more, wanna puke.

And Lilith - Yeah, they really do go beyond in so many ways. When my wife was teaching at an xtian day care, Easter was coming around so the teaching material centered, naturally, around the cross which they love to exploit for their own ends. Anyway, the lesson book cover had a picture of a slain lamb (throat slit), blood trickling on the ground, and a shadow in the background of a cross. Now this was a lesson for kids aged 4-5. My wife took one look at the book and exclaimed "No way am I gonna teach this or show the kids the book". The other 2 teachers disagreed with her and said they saw nothing wrong with the material.

Naturally, my wife left their employ a short time later..

Teach kids fear, and you are giving control of their life to the next person who comes along with another fear. You were so correct I refusing to teach that sick,perverted killing lamb stuff to children, their parents need to understand they are causing them a whole lot of unnecessary anxiety.

Hate to go all ad hominem and shit but everything the Christian Right takes a stand against or for I just about automatically assume is the opposite of what human progress requires until overwhelmingly proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Hate to go all ad hominem and shit but everything the Christian Right takes a stand against or for I just about automatically assume is the opposite of what human progress requires until overwhelmingly proven otherwise.

Yeah I know. On the one hand we shouldn't sink to their level but on the other, sometimes we have no choice. It's fighting fire with fire and required many times.

Assuming that it's retarded if morontheists support it is, sadly, usually a safe bet. I'm sure we'll find exceptions if we keep looking for a while but as a rule of thumb...