Goodbye Jesus

Killing In The Name Of Atheism

owen652

Let me ask each of you this. How does your life adequately provide for unity with me? And, how do you do that?

"Please do not respond to this so-called Christian, they are simply having 'fun' at your expense."

I'm not having fun. I'm just tired of the moronic rationization in place of grace. Again, I ask you, how are any of you, with exception to a few providing unity with me? And how are you doing that?

"Please treat this Christian as you would a troll, by not 'feeding' them."

Let me ask each of you this. How does your life adequately provide for unity with me? And, how do you do that?

Unity is not an agreement of beliefs or practices. That's the problem with what religion tells people. Unity is diversity that can see through the others eyes and embrace that person as themselves, in spite of difference. Fake unity, is what churches call True Believers™.

I'm going to take you by the chin and hold you over this question till you see it, read it, and answer it:

ARE YOU AWARE THAT NOBODY IS REQUIRED TO COME UP WITH A BETTER IDEA IN ORDER TO CHALLENGE A COMPLETELY FALSE ONE?

The burden of proof is on you, champ. Not on us. A stupid explanation ("Yahweh/Jesus!") is not the default one that "wins" just because other people have the moral integrity to say that, based on the evidence we have now, we may not have all the answers.

You haven't proven the existence of an external moral agent dictating humanity's morality, and I really don't think you can. Way better apologists than you have tried. You're not good enough at rhetoric to just argue such a being into existence, either, and especially not equipped to show that such a being would be consistent with Yahweh/Jesus. I question why you cling to this belief so fervently; is it fear of the unknown? Is it really that scary out there without your daddy's hand to hold? Be a big boy. Put on your big boy pull-ups and join us out here in the real world. It's not that bad :)

Unity is not an agreement of beliefs or practices. That's the problem with what religion tells people. Unity is diversity that can see through the others eyes and embrace that person as themselves, in spite of difference. Fake unity, is what churches call True Believers™.

Thanks, that's not a bad description of grace. Should I pull some scripture to back your assessment up? The true believer hogwash......you do realize it's a process and takes time to move from dysfunctional unity (fake), to real, right?

I'm going to take you by the chin and hold you over this question till you see it, read it, and answer it:

ARE YOU AWARE THAT NOBODY IS REQUIRED TO COME UP WITH A BETTER IDEA IN ORDER TO CHALLENGE A COMPLETELY FALSE ONE?

The burden of proof is on you, champ. Not on us. A stupid explanation ("Yahweh/Jesus!") is not the default one that "wins" just because other people have the moral integrity to say that, based on the evidence we have now, we may not have all the answers.

You haven't proven the existence of an external moral agent dictating humanity's morality, and I really don't think you can. Way better apologists than you have tried. You're not good enough at rhetoric to just argue such a being into existence, either, and especially not equipped to show that such a being would be consistent with Yahweh/Jesus. I question why you cling to this belief so fervently; is it fear of the unknown? Is it really that scary out there without your daddy's hand to hold? Be a big boy. Put on your big boy pull-ups and join us out here in the real world. It's not that bad smile.png

Oh hell, here we go....the burden is on you for unity. Glory!!!

Edit: Do you realize how incredibly stupid your statement is? It's your responsibility for OUR unity.

Thanks, that's not a bad description of grace. Should I pull some scripture to back your assessment up? The true believer hogwash......you do realize it's a process and takes time to move from dysfunctional unity (fake), to real, right?

You haven't proven the existence of an external moral agent dictating humanity's morality, and I really don't think you can. Way better apologists than you have tried. You're not good enough at rhetoric to just argue such a being into existence, either, and especially not equipped to show that such a being would be consistent with Yahweh/Jesus. I question why you cling to this belief so fervently; is it fear of the unknown? Is it really that scary out there without your daddy's hand to hold? Be a big boy. Put on your big boy pull-ups and join us out here in the real world. It's not that bad smile.png

"Please do not respond to this so-called Christian, they are simply having 'fun' at your expense."

Yeah BAA, you finally got it! He's a joke especially with one comment over here where he says he believes the 'bible is moral'. Yeah, like that small passage in the OT where the father makes a promise to sacrifice the next thing that walks through the door of his home. And, of course, the next thing is his daughter whom, after a month of waiting for her to finish her rituals, he burns to death!!

Yeah, it's moral. And what is even funnier is that this clown did not know what I was referencing when I quoted from his 'moral' bible (the NT). I had to fucking spell it out for him. So, it begs the question, how can you assume something is moral if you're clueless regarding that something in the first place? ROFL.

I forgot something - yeah he's just having a bit of ego tripping fun. He probably prints out all of the replies and runs off to show them to his pulpit pimp (pastor) in order to brag about how he's vanquishing the devil's dominions... LOL

Not at all. Go ahead and quote scripture that supports Love and unity. I'll embrace it right along with you. I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Why do you keep the bathwater? ;)

Actually I think it can be argued that many of us have moral standards that EXCEED those spelled out in the bible. I may put out a video soon with my wife about this. We were just talking about it today.

Enough of this. Don't clutter the thread like this Please.

Not at all. Go ahead and quote scripture that supports Love and unity. I'll embrace it right along with you. I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Why do you keep the bathwater? wink.png

Then why do you hold in contempt those that are less than finished......which would be all of us sir.

Not at all. Go ahead and quote scripture that supports Love and unity. I'll embrace it right along with you. I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Why do you keep the bathwater? wink.png

Then why do you hold in contempt those that are less than finished......which would be all of us sir.

I don't hold you in contempt at all. I'm not talking to the whole, I'm speaking to you in challenging you to see beyond that old bike gang, as my metaphor was before. Perhaps I'm wrong in seeing you at a different place. In which case, then carry on. I won't engage you with how I see things differently.

AM, the problem is that for every verse he finds that actually kind of in some contexts could potentially be read to maybe mean his "description of grace," I know of others that support the idea of his batshit-crazy god being a xenophobic, genocide-committing monster who had no intention of extending his "grace" to anybody but his chosen people. Paul distorted that message considerably, making the religion something that had a ghost of a chance of surviving its first century, but even he still subscribed to the idea of hell and judgment. If God really did give a shit about diversity, there'd be no need for the hell he created.

BTW: End, you're making false comparison again between "death = life" and people rescuing animals. Death is indeed a natural part of life, but inhumane treatment is something else entirely. For us to live, something has to die. That's the natural way the entire world works. And that's okay. But there's no need to make it gratuitous.

Do you cruise around Iron Chariots and specifically hunt for logical fallacies so you can go try them out on people just to see what reaction you get?

Death is life? So why do people rescue animals, detest hunting, etc?

I don't care for killing for sport. Killing for food, to me is acceptable as long as we have at least some sense of honor for that life we took to sustain our own. I don't seeing killing for entertainment a very high ideal, personally.

Look at the contemporaries here.....look how gracefilled and unifying in their finished state. I'm soo satisified in the human spirit.

Enough of this. Don't clutter the thread like this Please.

I shall cease for now AntlerMan, because you've politely requested me to do so.

However, now that the 'true' End3 has revealed himself, I reserve the right to preach the news abroad - to anyone who will listen.

I also reserve the right to issue warnings about End, at least once, in every new thread he starts and in every thread he participates in.

BAA.

I don't hold you in contempt at all. I'm not talking to the whole, I'm speaking to you in challenging you to see beyond that old bike gang, as my metaphor was before. Perhaps I'm wrong in seeing you at a different place. In which case, then carry on. I won't engage you with how I see things differently.

No, I am simply challenging your assessment that there exists some level of finished "heaven" that we can reach on a constant level. All I am saying, adamantly mind you, is I believe that to be false in that you, nor none of you can give me what I need to be in Oneness with each other.......which makes us sinful by default. You would like me to lie?

Look at the contemporaries here.....look how gracefilled and unifying in their finished state. I'm soo satisified in the human spirit.

Look who's talking!

Is that the good spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control I see displayed in your posts, End?

There's a plank lodged in your eye, End.

BAA.

Death is life? So why do people rescue animals, detest hunting, etc?

I don't care for killing for sport. Killing for food, to me is acceptable as long as we have at least some sense of honor for that life we took to sustain our own. I don't seeing killing for entertainment a very high ideal, personally.

No, you made a blanket statement that death was life. In the Bible, God allows for dominion over the animals, right? Just a coincedence that's in Genesis?

Here's the thing, BAA. End is hardly the only Christian who thinks the way he does. There are entire sections of bookshelves devoted to apologetics to make people like him feel good about their chosen religion by glossing over the religion's inadequacies and lack of scientific or logical merit. I'm not talking to him so much as to what he represents. He wants to advance a hypothesis about how the world works ("Yahweh/Jesus!"). Okay. I'm going to demand he show evidence for his hypothesis. His response is NOT to show that evidence, because there is none, but instead to try to turn the tables and demand others assume his rightful burden by coming up with some other explanation.

I respect a person who says "I don't know" way more than I would someone who lies and says he absolutely does.

I would rather face a scary truth than a comforting lie.

Here's the thing, BAA. End is hardly the only Christian who thinks the way he does. There are entire sections of bookshelves devoted to apologetics to make people like him feel good about their chosen religion by glossing over the religion's inadequacies and lack of scientific or logical merit. I'm not talking to him so much as to what he represents. He wants to advance a hypothesis about how the world works ("Yahweh/Jesus!"). Okay. I'm going to demand he show evidence for his hypothesis. His response is NOT to show that evidence, because there is none, but instead to try to turn the tables and demand others assume his rightful burden by coming up with some other explanation.

I respect a person who says "I don't know" way more than I would someone who lies and says he absolutely does.

I would rather face a scary truth than a comforting lie.

Ha, and you do know apparently. I am working on faith sweetie.

Kind of ironic, doncha' think End?

You, the supposedly grace-filled Christian are asking us, the grace-less atheists to show you grace, AFTER you've acted in a dis-graceful way towards us!

Very Biblical!

BAA.