Goodbye Jesus

Unequal Fear

JoeCoastie

During my deconversion process I watched videos by popular youtube atheists like Thunderf00t and they scared me. Watching them made me realize how weak and flawed my beliefs are. Now as an atheist I don't feel threatened by Christian arguments and apologetics. The only thing I fear from Christian thought is that they might cause me permanent eye damage from causing me to roll them too hard.

All the time you hear Christians like Josh McDowell saying the internet is the greatest threat to Christians, the outside world is dangerous to faith, etc. They fear science, alternate religious perspectives, and questioning, yet I doubt most atheists feel the same fear towards Christianity. I doubt any parents here would fear their children having access to the Bible.

• Like 2

If some Christians consider the internet to be a threat to their faith they must know deep down that it can be easily destroyed when logic and rationality are used on it. Sounds like they deliberately believe things because they want to, and deliberately stay away from things that could make them think too much because they're happy in their bubble.

• Like 1

I've been thinking the same thing lately, Joe. I don't think I've seen one argument that even gives me pause to wonder if maybe I'm wrong about my lack of belief, even when this is supposedly what the best and brightest of Christians (who would, one would think, be informed by God himself) have to offer. I do know that even when I was saved, I had no good arguments to counter basic scientific assertions.

This sums up all they have: just believe.

Guest Valk0010

About the only arguments Christians have that are of any real interest to me, are of the variety of things like TAG or, where did our reasoning abilities come from. It used to be, biblical reliability till I realized that unless you could prove that there variety of god existed (loving theistic) that all you could really have is agnosticism(in the classical sense) in regards to the historicity of the biblical miracles if the bible is proven to be a historically reliable document.

If Christians start realizing that god is a myth, then they will stop going to church. When they stop going to church, there will be no more tithes. When there are no more tithes the churches will go bankrupt and pastors, preachers, priests and popes will be out of a job. Best to keep the myth alive. Can't have the internet or those pesky atheists blowing their cover.

If Christianity is the absolute truth then why is it that truth has such a hard time competing with other ideas.

• Like 3

If Christianity is the absolute truth then why is it that truth has such a hard time competing with other ideas.

This. If Christianity is such an obvious truth, why is there any need for Christian apologists? You don't see, for example, apologists speaking in defense of gravity.

From SS this morning: It's the devil's job to lead you astray!!! You must stay with the good book and not think any other thoughts!!! Don't even read about other religions, because the devil might get you!!!

fun_84.gif